Please help..POE CCTV system advice needed

Yes mate, he obviously meant 8MP, 264H and 265H. Just thought I'd have a bit of fun :)

Not sure about the lucky bag thing! But obviously H.264 and H.265 indeed, which I am sure you meant also (I'm just having fun too). Bang for buck in my book, thats why I am buying. As long as I don't I don't hear a bang when I plug it in. :)

Edit: sorry about the double post, the post21 didn't show when I refreshed page, I now see it did after posting this.

@codepatcher once again mate just keep the post alive with your updates about it. Probably won't be till after xmas when I'll have some spare cash for another system but if yours turns out to be a good system and your happy with it then this post will be worth coming back to :)

@codepatcher once again mate just keep the post alive with your updates about it. Probably won't be till after xmas when I'll have some spare cash for another system but if yours turns out to be a good system and your happy with it then this post will be worth coming back to :)

Will do mate, I'm particularly interested in those £21 cams to see how they fair out. May even make a vid and post some footage.

Yeah they same to good to be true but it obvioulsy makes a difference getting them from the source via the Ali website. I will defo go down this route myself providing it all turns out well for you that is :)

@leemoo Yes some good savings to be had, and its possible to get cheaper than Ali. On non english sites like Taobao. Take for example the Hikvision 5MP cam Model DS-2CD2655FWD-IZS found it on a UK wholesaler website for £1,195 here on Ali same cam is £256 delivered free here but on Taobao its £184 and £199 with express int delivery check here. Google does a good enough job translating the site.

Never heard of the Taobao site.....but 50 quid saving from the Ali site it may be worth a looksee.

Only just discovered it myself. After comparing some random but identical products on the two sites, it seems that Tao is cheaper by about 20% and sometimes still cheaper even with express int shipping charges added instead of the slower free options.

Guys

Sorry to go slightly off topic on this, but it seems that all the CCTV experts are here.

I am moving to a house which has a coaxial system very dated. I want to bring across my cat5 based system and have been looking a balums or converters, but my installer tells me there is no solution with balums. They only go coax to cat5.

I have found a supplier in China that does the apparently.

Any help would be appreciated. Sorry of hijacking this thread, but i can start another if requires.

Thanks

Guys

Sorry to go slightly off topic on this, but it seems that all the CCTV experts are here.

I am moving to a house which has a coaxial system very dated. I want to bring across my cat5 based system and have been looking a balums or converters, but my installer tells me there is no solution with balums. They only go coax to cat5.

I have found a supplier in China that does the apparently.

Any help would be appreciated. Sorry of hijacking this thread, but i can start another if requires.

Thanks

i would just recable :) Balums only alow you to run analoge cameras over Cat5.

Here is the link.

CT-EOC01-S-Passive-Centro Technology Limited

Model CT-EOC01-S

For the converters. Is this real?

Thanks

Its possible, from what I have read. You would need two for each camera? Are the converters you are looking at expensive, that ones with amplification can be pricey? Re-cabling could be the route to go. But passive ones on ali express for from €8 for a pair. Demo video

Last edited:
The amplifier are expensive, but the converters are 10usd a pair. Just need to be sure about then first as keep being told they won't work, but the datasheet says that's what there are for.

@vaf888 Speed and bandwidth maybe an issue, which could be an issue for really high resolution cams. If used in pairs without a switch or router between the two converters there should be no issue, as long as cam is compatible with NVR. For $10 I'd take a punt on one pair first (but that's just me). They way I see it they are simply the coaxial versions of powerline home plug adapters. Give the seller details of your cam and NVR and ask if they foresee any issues.

@codepatcher. The postage is 21usd per shipment. So do I just go for it and buy the 8pairs or the 1pair.

I won't be using any switches. The converters will go straight on the coax cable at each end. I already have the cameras and NVR (qvis) in my old house, but I am planning on talking them with me to the new property I think my current cameras are 3mp.

If it was me and not in any major rush, I would buy one pair on aliexpress and see how that pair fairs out before ordering more. One pair = £6.70 with free delivery Expect to wait 3-4 weeks for them. If your in a rush and don;t mind spending $100 to get all 8 sooner, just go for it. Chances are they are likely to work than not work. Impossible to know how your set up will take to them without trying them first, Check out the feedback for these here.

Edit: I wouldn't equate 10Mbs bandwidth to 10 megapixel camera support if your going by their spec sheet. It all depends on encoding used by cam, frame rates and resolution that will determine bandwidth needed. But should be fine.

Last edited:
@codepatcher how have you got on with your gear mate? Anything delivered and tested yet? Or still waiting on delivery?

Back