Which Image??

fta101

Inactive User
Reaction score
Right, on my old (now knackered DM800) I have been running a old blackhole image with no issues..

My new DM800 is coming tomorrow.. So what is regarded as the best to use??

It is coming with Gemini 5.01 and a "gift?"

Should I change things???

unofficial dream elite phoenix edition for me like, runs grand, cant fault it!

recommend this myself too.
BigHol recommended it to me too a while ago:proud:

Still the image im using as well...TeamPRZ website says thee addon server for this image is getting shutdown 31.01.11 though...So you wont be able to auto downlaod SoftCAMS, plugins ...

OpenBlackHole when it gets some more development looks like the next big thing. Also RamiMaher has ported the Official BlackHole team image from the Vu DUO+ to the DM800HD, only work in external flash at the minute though...(so you have to install a different image 1st then run it via meoboot or barry allen).

the gift is a free channel listing :)

is there not a new release of pli for the dm800 pro?

Looks like we both staying in tomorrow m8 waiting for the postman as mines due tomorrow also with the same image and gift . Let me know your set up pal as im not to use to dm's i only have a 500 clone but it does work well (and a tm 500 and a ubuntu server).

Last edited:
Still the image im using as well...TeamPRZ website says thee addon server for this image is getting shutdown 31.01.11 though...So you wont be able to auto downlaod SoftCAMS, plugins ...

OpenBlackHole when it gets some more development looks like the next big thing. Also RamiMaher has ported the Official BlackHole team image from the Vu DUO+ to the DM800HD, only work in external flash at the minute though...(so you have to install a different image 1st then run it via meoboot or barry allen).

Does this mean i cant download anything like skins or cccam?

Well, I am in work, and it is being delivery there.

I will see, will keep the image on and see how it goes. It has a gift, so will check some .cfg files to see what is going on.. Upload mine..

After the match on Saturday, I may have a go with the image people are going on about here??.

It will be good to get a working box back, it has been a while..

Does this mean i cant download anything like skins or cccam?

yes thats right, If and when they shut down the addons server you wont be able to automatically install cams and skins from the built in panel, you will have to manually FTP them to the box and install them.

well got my dm this morning dont like the
image on it but it does work tho a tm is quicker but that might be the image

most likely components on dm800hd

try using your 800 remote on a 500s if you got one

well got my dm this morning dont like the
image on it but it does work tho a tm is quicker but that might be the image

Probably Gemini Image on there, comes standard with most clones. I dont like that image either.

Yes its a clone and it has Gemini on it what image do you think i should go for my dm500 has pli on it and im very happy with that.

now the dreambox button is on all the time on the remote and it just scroll through the channels all time im at work and the wife's going mad at me on the phone lol

go for the commando 14.2 its amazing with superb built in epg

its only complicated the 1st time, after that its like riding a bike, plenty of info on this site ands tuts!

Back