Which image should I go with??

shabbaranks

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Howdy,

bought myself a VU+ Duo (although didnt realise I was in attack of the clones) but anyway... So which image should I go for, I dont plan to tinker "much" and its only going to be pointing in one direction east ;) - also will be chucking in a 1TB hdd for good measure. Anything else I need to be prepared for?

Help is appreciated - thanks

blackhole for me mate, best by far, vix is a good image but the buttons just seem all wrong to me.... has got to be 1 of them too imo, although the digitalworldz image is good for it too!

all comes down to opinion really, try them all!

The openpli or vix images are both good. If it's a clone make sure you use an image with the older drivers. I'm running an vix 2.3 gm image on a duo clone.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

The openpli or vix images are both good. If it's a clone make sure you use an image with the older drivers. I'm running an vix 2.3 gm image on a duo clone.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Was just gonna say - the fact that its a clone, I appreciate that I have to be careful which image I put on it - is that correct? Can I brick my box with the wrong image?

Yes images with newer drivers contain anti clone measures and can brick your receiver, I.e it will fail to boot and be stuck with a red light on the display. So use only images with older drivers that have been verified clone safe. Ferrari team said a patch would be released by the end of August...as usual for Ferrari team..no sign of the patch yet..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

if your using it for a fixed dish at 28e then id say vix 2.3 but if motorised then blackhole 1.7.3... its all down to personal choice but do your homework first as regards drivers/anti-clone mesures. regards mdt

Back