Which Box???

morashid679

Inactive User
Reaction score
I already have a satellite subscription and would like to watch more channels upstairs, I was wondering if there are any boxes which would enable me to connect it to my present dish and view the channels I already have or prefrebly more.

I know about cable boxes but they dont have some of the channels I require.

Any info is much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes you can share a card with 2 dreamboxes.

I already have a sub and would like to watch more channels upstairs, I was wondering if there are any boxes which would enable me to connect it to my present dish and view the channels I already have or prefrebly more.

I know about cable boxes but they dont have some of the channels I require.

Any info is much appreciated.

There are loads of extra channels on the them satellites but nothing to write home about mate, if you really want more choice then I'm afraid you'll need to get your dish pointing at another satellite, best option is to motorise your dish and connect it to a reciever which will allow card sharing.

There are loads of extra channels on the them satellites but nothing to write home about mate, if you really want more choice then I'm afraid you'll need to get your dish pointing at another satellite, best option is to motorise your dish and connect it to a reciever which will allow card sharing.

I'm happy with recieving all my paid for channels channels but wasnt sure which boxes were compatible with my small dish.

Witchy2k1 luv ur avatar.

youd need 2 linux based recievers m8 (dreamboxes etc) one to replace your current reciever, and one for the bedroom. connect the 2 together using a router and with a bit of setting up, theyll both use the same card, youll also need to fit a new LNB with more than one output to the dish, and run a cable from this to the bedroom m8

ive edited some of the above posts to allow discussions to continue ;)

dd

Last edited:
Hi Digidude,

I would like to know if there is a possiblity to create a funcard for sky to enable encrypted channel viewing as well
as I previously stated cable dont have all thew channels I require and Sky is becoming very expensive for me.

Hi Digidude,

I would like to know if there is a possiblity to create a funcard for sky to enable encrypted channel viewing as well
as I previously stated cable dont have all thew channels I require and Sky is becoming very expensive for me.

not a chance mate, if there was you would see hundreds if not thousands of posts in this section about it and cable would have had its day.

sky is not hacked so you do need a valid card thats paid for.

and before witchy chirps in to say not true...yes you can card share but you cant talk about it really and a google search will give you more info on the subject.

and before witchy chirps in to say not true...yes you can card share but you cant talk about it really and a google search will give you more info on the subject.

Not Tr.....oh. ;)

Funcard for Sky, hehe :)

its ok to discuss the theory behind card sharing, as long as your not going to share a sly card with it ;)

thats why i edited the first few posts, its either that or bin the whole thread and then nobody really learns anything from it

Back