Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Where to find a PCMCIA SATA Card Online?

Hi there guys, I found this post and forum on google. I was wondering if there is a expess card that I can use to flash my xbox 360. My laptop is a newish model (Dell XPS M1530) so therefore it dont have PCMCIA instead it has a express slot.

Cheers :)

im in same board, there doesnt seem to be one ive found. old a pcmcia to express converter which im thinking of getting instead

For reasons Ive watched inside IRC channels that are hidden.

It isnt the best functioning atm from what I can, I wouldnt spend money on something that appears doomed to fail.

Let the ones with the hardware test further ;)

Maybe something is wrong with my card then, because I put it into my laptop, and if I try using the via drivers disk that came with it, it says the hardware cannot be found, so it sounds like my computer doesn't know the cards even there.

Bump! Anyone with these china wholesale pcmcia cards, (or even anyone with a pcmcia card using this process to flash) how did you set up the drivers (if you installed any)? I still can't figure this out!

EDIT: Just to clarify, I can't get my laptop to recognize it. When I plug the card in, i get no popups saying "found new hardware" or anything, and nothing looks different in device manager.

Last edited:
seems like your card is knacked then or the lappy hasnt got all the right drivers, have you tried the card in another lappy, a friends perhaps if you dont have another?? I had a card from there and worked fine but from reading back on these posts it seems hit and miss

Shud pop up staright away with new hardware found as soon as you put the card in.
check your pcmica slots r ok, under device manager

How can I tell if they are damaged with device manager? Everything looks okay, pcmcia is listed with no exclamations or anything.

try it on another lappy and see if it works on there but it should show in device manager as soon as you put it in.

hi all, really need some help, got my card from china today and cant seem to get jungle flash to see my hitachi 47 drive. can you flash these drives with this card.

if so can some please help me

many thanks

hi all, really need some help, got my card from china today and cant seem to get jungle flash to see my hitachi 47 drive. can you flash these drives with this card.

if so can some please help me

many thanks
never could get mine to work with hitachi,doesnt work the same way as pci card, coulnt get to work with portio, if you remove drivers then you lose the ability to see via ports,and comes up no via ports found,if you have driver installed(fake uniata driver) then hitachi portio doesnt work ,but will flash other drives, I going down the hitachi over usb route just waiting for cable from hong kong to try.

thanks for the quick replys,

still cant get it to see my drive in j f, what if i put the drive in mode b with slax then start j f will that work.

if anyone out there has managed to flash a hitachi using this card could you please explain how you did it step by step as i think there are a few of us out there that are well and truely stuck

many thanks

Back