Where to find a PCMCIA SATA Card Online?

If you didnt install drivers, you have no ports.

You need drivers to be able to assign ports

Of course you do.

If you dont install drivers it cant configure the device.

Well i think it is the card because I thouht sod it & bought & card for my desktop, installed JF & IO port & attached to Hitachi 78 which was already flashed, started JF up & found the drive straight away & flashed 1.51 on to it & all playing fine, my 1st flash ;-) & notice they have taking bad review off there site now

Wait, so what did you do? I am a little confused from trying to read that. I think it is because of all the '&'.

On second thought I read it again, and it sounds like you just bought a card for the desktop correct?

Wait, so what did you do? I am a little confused from trying to read that. I think it is because of all the '&'.

On second thought I read it again, and it sounds like you just bought a card for the desktop correct?

Sorry about that m8, yes I bought a card for my desktop & found 360 drive straight away.

Well tryed maplins at middlesbrough and they had 1 PCMCIA card left so i pulled it apart to have a look at the disk...But it said Sil 3760 on the disk..

Just been to wakefield and popped into there maplins and they had 3 on the self so i popped them open 1 by 1 and none of them had anything on the disk apart from drivers&manuel 3.10 so i took a chance and paid my money.

Just got home and popped the disk in the laptop and up pops VIA-SATA so i am now going to see if i can read my drive.....

Well got a few probs if sombody could shed some light on it...

Managed to install SATA card installed deleted drivers and renamed viaraid.sys with the uart driver (or something like that)
Installed progio xbox port...

Right the jungle flasher sees the drive i managed to read FW so i have a file called BenqOF.bin i have a file called BenqCF.bin with m iextream in but what happened is i written it to the drive but the write varify failed... so was not to sure if it took...

So i tryed rewritting the original file back with worked...

But now i can not get back into the drive to try again.....:-(

The card still sees the drive but wont unlock i have tryed the half open trick and nothing works...
Have i bricked my drive..

I will be in tonight so if anybody has any ideas let me know Cheers......

Stand down people...

Got in tonight and it worked first go....:banana:

Just to recap...

Flashed a Benq with iextreme1.51 with a Maplins Laptop PCMCIA card and jungleflasher... works a treat...

I ordered the card from the china wholesale site that iliveinuk posted, and I'm having some trouble with it.

What exactly am I supposed to do? I've heard people say you just need to install the portio32 driver, not any of the via drivers. I don't see it under device manager either. What drivers am I supposed to install?

I tried just going into jungle flasher to see if it would work, and in the mtk 32 tab, when you pick the ix07 or whatever (choosing your drive), my samsung xbox drive wasn't on there, only the drive in my computer.

Please help!

(P.S. I would never deal with that site again by the way. I ordered it with the speedy shipping, received a package in 3 days (I'm in the US), but it was a FIREWIRE CARD! I emailed them, I was told to send pictures of the wrong item. I did this and then they said they'd ship me the correct one. TWO AND A HALF WEEKS LATER, I get another package. Inside is a card that says eSATA. Now I don't know if there's a difference between them, but I knew it wasn't what I ordered. I sent more pictures back to them but was then told that it is a sata card, it's just labeled incorrectly. He sent a picture back showing the port difference between esata and sata, and the sata one looks like what I have, so I hope it's the right one)

Ive said it time and time again.

Dont install drivers, you wont get assigned ports.

Not even the portio32 driver? I've heard different stories between install via drivers, or only install portio32. But from what I see in device manager, I can't find the card. Can you help me out? Should I even be seeing anything?

Also, ive said time and time again....both:

Removing via drivers is not the same as not installing them, removing implies they were once installed (therefore, addressed ports for jungleflasher to enumerate)

also......

PortIO is not a substitute for via drivers, even with via drivers you need PortIO, same for all chipsets..... it allows low level i/o access so you dont need a drive letter to communicate with it and you are not restricted to ports 0x170 / 0x1F0 which VIA chipsets dont use.

Last edited:
So should I even be seeing anything for this hardware in device manager? I have ONLY the PortIO driver installed, but it still doesn't seem to work in jungle flasher

What i did was install the card... With the VIA drivers...
Install Portio as per read me....

I then downloaded uniata Drivers (from here
Universal ATA driver for Windows NT3.51/NT4/2000/XP, last version)

Then i went into device manager and disabled the VIA SATA card...

Then went into C:/windows/system32/drivers and looked for vmraid.sys and removed it...

Then i got the uniata.sys i got earlyer and renamed it to vmraid.sys and put it in the directory i removed the original 1 from....

Then go back to device manager and renable VIA card and reboot...

I did notice that i did not have a yellow triangle the card just looks normal in device manager....(flashed a Benq fine this way....): multi :

What i did was install the card... With the VIA drivers...
Install Portio as per read me....

I then downloaded uniata Drivers (from here
Universal ATA driver for Windows NT3.51/NT4/2000/XP, last version)

Then i went into device manager and disabled the VIA SATA card...

Then went into C:/windows/system32/drivers and looked for vmraid.sys and removed it...

Then i got the uniata.sys i got earlyer and renamed it to vmraid.sys and put it in the directory i removed the original 1 from....

Then go back to device manager and renable VIA card and reboot...

I did notice that i did not have a yellow triangle the card just looks normal in device manager....(flashed a Benq fine this way....): multi :
yes I have done exactly the same as you, succesful with benq and sammy no problems , but if you try and disable sata card and delete viaraid.sys then junglelasher comes up with no via ports found , so I am able to flash sammy, benq and liteon but not hitachi , as portio is only available if certain critera is met,anyhow I have a desktop that I use for hitatchi so there no problems
Oggy may be able to answer this, why when you disable the via card in a laptop setup , it comes up no via ports found , but in a desktop no problems, is it because the pcmcia only works thro windows not thro bios
thanks

Well what I knew of PCMCIA + working went horribly wrong when I retried it last week.

I couldnt even dvdkey it, now Im not sure if it was my hacked VIA driver conlicting with uniATA so until then, I wont be sure.

Hi there guys, I found this post and forum on google. I was wondering if there is a expess card that I can use to flash my xbox 360. My laptop is a newish model (Dell XPS M1530) so therefore it dont have PCMCIA instead it has a express slot.

Cheers :)

Back