Where to find a PCMCIA SATA Card Online?

mvp828

Inactive User
Reaction score
As the title reads, I am trying to find a PCMCIA Sata card online for use on my laptop so that I can update firmware when I am at college and not have to pay anyone.

Thanks in advance.

i dont know how well the cards work mate if you have a look round people have posted about it in the past i think you can do some drives but not them all. i had a look for one before and found some on fle-bay

Ive modded every drive using my Cardbus 6421 :)

any chance of a link to the one you have oggy ive just been googling and found a old post of yours saying youve yet to hear of a success with a laptop lol i guess you sorted it, i wouldnt mind having one in just incase, cheers.

Podger actually got me mine, from maplins.

Have to be careful, as there are 2 chipsets of the same card, SIL, and VIA.

Packaging is identical.

I have looked online, but mostly only found the Silicone 3xxx (don't remember the numbers) chipsets. I am having a pain trying to find the 6421 chipset here in the States or online. If anyone does have any luck finding one online, if the could shoot me a message or post here it would be greatly appreciated. Hell, if I were actually across the pond with you all, I would pay someone to pick me up one.

SIL 3112 - I had one back in the day for Hitachi's (PCI)

If you read the wordjing carefully, you should get one in store

This: Serial ATA 2-Port PCMCIA Laptop Card > Maplin

Is similar to mine (mine is Orange / Black)

but....

They all appear the same (SIL / VIA) So, ordering online is risky business.

Go into maplins and tell them how SIL isnt fast enought for what you need, the drivers disc says SIL 3112 if its 3112.

VIA's packaging, I never seen.

SIL 3112 - I had one back in the day for Hitachi's (PCI)

If you read the wordjing carefully, you should get one in store

This: Serial ATA 2-Port PCMCIA Laptop Card > Maplin

Is similar to mine (mine is Orange / Black)

but....

They all appear the same (SIL / VIA) So, ordering online is risky business.

Go into maplins and tell them how SIL isnt fast enought for what you need, the drivers disc says SIL 3112 if its 3112.

VIA's packaging, I never seen.

Hmmm... I'll have to keep an eye on that site and then maybe once they get them in stock shoot them an email and see if they have any of the VIA.

Thanks for the link Oggy.

Have fun trying to explain that to the 'customer representative' in Maplins

Most of them now are sales staff with zero interest in the products. The good staff don't last very long, maybe they rotate them to different branches or they just get bored

If its not on the shelves, they don't stock it. And their idea of customer support is reading the back of the box or looking in the catalogue, which any muppet can do

You're asking for tech advice on a very specific product, the majority just either don't know or don't care

i second that mate i never realized till now but the staff where really good when ours 1st opened about 18month back now its all changed exactly as you described mate

Ive never even seen a maplins lol.

You could always buy / take it back, but, I cant see why they would object to you viewing the product to ensure its 'compatable'

they have them here, but are on back order at the mo, they dont seem to be available for vista, but you never know

h**p://www.uxcell.com/laptop-pcmcia-ports-serial-ata-sata-raid-cardbus-card-p-13970.html

Hope that helps, if it did, let me know, if it didnt, tell me to shut the hell up :)

Thought i had found soem but they were usb opps

This is deff via 6421, I have ordered one and its been shipped, will let you know when it arrives, check out the price!!

Buy Cheap Laptop PCMCIA 2 Ports Serial ATA SATA RAID CardBus Card, CardBus adapter, PCMCIA Card

Even says its for xbox :)

If you think I have helped you, just pat me on the head and say good lad :)

When I click on the link, it comes up with an error m8 :-(

I got the link to work, it is just that the card has been out of stock and on back order since he first posted the link on the 24th. I have bookmarked the link and check it every day (multiple times a day too), but I think I am just going to pick up the one on fle-bay that I posted a link for. I will let you guys know how that one works out.

Back