Where to find a PCMCIA SATA Card Online?

hmmm... That's strange, because I put in what I thought was the serial and it didn't go through. I hit enter and then got a message saying that the samcfw.bin wasn't correct for the serial or something... I will check when I retry later and see what it says.

thats because im a bell end m8, i gave you the wrong link, the first link wont be getting any back in stock, so sorry, here is where i have bought one from grrrr, im a knob :)

China wholesale product -china wholesale products

Now thats the link, via 6421 pcmcia sata 2, now you can pat me on the head :)

Sorry about the confusion, this was meant to be the link i gave in my 2nd post :eatarrow:

If you like this link above, can you give me some thanks, as i know how hard these devices are to find, I hope this helps out quite a few who want to try the laptop way, as soon as it arrives I will let you all know :)

Hi,

My card has come through from then above link but cannot get it to see my Hitachi 47 but in the Device Manager tab it is saying that the controller is VIA 3249 RAID Controller, is a wrong card because thought it is meant to be a 6421?

Thanks

Last edited:
3249 is reported if, you use 550b+ drivers

mine says the same via 3249 but still works dont install drivers for it to work in jf tho

Sorry m8, can you explain more please?

I have uninstalled & deleted the drivers, viamraid.sys from win/sys32/drivers & comes up with the ! Raid Controller in Device Manager but still does not connect

you should get a yellow triangle when it is done right m8
think you need toi reboot when you uninstalled or deleted to make it work also

530c drivers will bring it up as 6421... Google for d/l, can't give you the link as I'm on my phone.

530c drivers will bring it up as 6421... Google for d/l, can't give you the link as I'm on my phone.

Thanks m8, have found the drivers & it is now reading as a 6421 but when JF boots up now, still not finding the drive & the Use Port IO is greyed out & cannot switch to it, it's stuck on Use Win API :grayno:

how do you know if it SIL card cos on the site I got the card off, one review is now saying this:

Reviewed By: benson wu on Date Added: Friday 17 April, 2009
Pros: none.
Cons: not the VIA chipset, got a SIL chipset. furthermore, when installing the SIL chipset it wouldn't
Other Thoughts: we'll see how crossmark handles this.. i doubt they'll do anything with the false advertising.

Mine was deff a 6421 card from them m8

how do you know if it SIL card cos on the site I got the card off, one review is now saying this:

Reviewed By: benson wu on Date Added: Friday 17 April, 2009
Pros: none.
Cons: not the VIA chipset, got a SIL chipset. furthermore, when installing the SIL chipset it wouldn't
Other Thoughts: we'll see how crossmark handles this.. i doubt they'll do anything with the false advertising.

Mine was also the VIA card... Iliveinuk, did your drive have trouble displaying in JF?

Well i think it is the card because I thouht sod it & bought & card for my desktop, installed JF & IO port & attached to Hitachi 78 which was already flashed, started JF up & found the drive straight away & flashed 1.51 on to it & all playing fine, my 1st flash ;-) & notice they have taking bad review off there site now

Mine was also the VIA card... Iliveinuk, did your drive have trouble displaying in JF?

Yes it did at first, seems stable now, I upgraded the old thing to xp and it played up a bit at first

what drivers do i need to install? got my card now. do i need any of them off the CD drivers?

if usin jf dont instal any i think

jf didnt pick up any via ports

heres what the card shows up as
2u5ysu0.png

Last edited:
Back