Where to find a PCMCIA SATA Card Online?

thats because im a bell end m8, i gave you the wrong link, the first link wont be getting any back in stock, so sorry, here is where i have bought one from grrrr, im a knob :)

China wholesale product -china wholesale products

Now thats the link, via 6421 pcmcia sata 2, now you can pat me on the head :)

Sorry about the confusion, this was meant to be the link i gave in my 2nd post :eatarrow:

If you like this link above, can you give me some thanks, as i know how hard these devices are to find, I hope this helps out quite a few who want to try the laptop way, as soon as it arrives I will let you all know :)

thats because im a bell end m8, i gave you the wrong link, the first link wont be getting any back in stock, so sorry, here is where i have bought one from grrrr, im a knob :)

China wholesale product -china wholesale products

Now thats the link, via 6421 pcmcia sata 2, now you can pat me on the head :)

Sorry about the confusion, this was meant to be the link i gave in my 2nd post, have ordered it & now for alot of reading up on how to flash the firmware :eatarrow:

If you like this link above, can you give me some thanks, as i know how hard these devices are to find, I hope this helps out quite a few who want to try the laptop way, as soon as it arrives I will let you all know :)

Thanks for the 2nd link M8 & have added rep, have ordered it & now for a lot of reading on how to flash the firmware ;-)

Last edited:
it has turned up today, so thats not a bad turn around, will give it a try out tomoz and let you know, glad i have helped, theres not many of these around :)

you want the good or bad news, installed the pcmcia card using the via6421 drivers that came on the cd, installed my maximus extractor drivers, portio32 etc etc, installed jungleflasher and uninstalled the via card and removed the driver so that i get the yellow ! when it boots and trys to install the card

Tested it on an already hacked sammy 28 and .................IT WORKED :)

Going to try a benq tomoz but im guessing it should be fine :)

oh, the bad news.....there aint any, soz, my humour for you lol

you want the good or bad news, installed the pcmcia card using the via6421 drivers that came on the cd, installed my maximus extractor drivers, portio32 etc etc, installed jungleflasher and uninstalled the via card and removed the driver so that i get the yellow ! when it boots and trys to install the card

Thanks for the info. Now just to sit and wait for mine to get here. I got the same drive so I am glad.

P.S. Was your drive already flashed or was it the first time?

Weird, removal of drivers removed the IO ports too for all of us.

hi oggy, all i done was go into system, unistalled the device, then went and removed the via driver ( not sure on spelling ) in the folder and that was all, will give it a go on benq later when i get home

Note
Not sure if this helps, its on an old laptop, as all my new ones use expresscards

Compaq Armada 100s running windows 98

Last edited:
Did a lite on the other day using the via pcmcia card.

What i did was install the via 530 c driver, reboot and check it was working.

Then i removed the driver and reinstalled it but this time i had the uniata driver renamed to vmraid.sys in the 530c install files.

let it install rebooted and then it also picked some scsi device cus of the uniata driver but i just left that alone.

Fired up jungelflasher read the key, erased and flashed.

Yup, uniATA worked a treat when it was discovered for me.

I finally got my card in the mail yesterday... Unfortunately I am having a hard ass time trying to get JF to read my system.

So far I have installed the VIA 6421 driver that was included on the CD that came with the PCMCIA Card.
I have also installed PortIO32, but it keeps asking me to install it even though I did yesterday and it said it was successful.

Any ideas?

Is it in Device Manager?

PortIODevMan.jpg

I got greedy :)

Yes, it is. I only have three extensions though...

I have it connected and when I open JF it is not acknowledging the drive is even there down in 'Drive Properties'.

EDIT: Some other info...

My drive has iXtreme 1.5 on it currently.
I have followed the JF Tut to a T so far, but it just won't recognize.

Last edited:
It acknowledges the card and ports, it just doesn't recognize the system. It is weird, because the guy that did my system the first time around had the same problem when he and I tried to update it through JF.

I started to use iPrep last night, but then realized I forgot I don't have the case (for the serial) with me at school right now as it is at home. So I am just going to try go ahead with it when I get home tonight.

You dont need the case for the serial m8

just put anything if your using iprep, ie 1234567 12345

Hopefully you will get jungle flasher working, its deff a lot quicker and easier then using iprep :)

It acknowledges the card and ports, it just doesn't recognize the system. It is weird, because the guy that did my system the first time around had the same problem when he and I tried to update it through JF.

I started to use iPrep last night, but then realized I forgot I don't have the case (for the serial) with me at school right now as it is at home. So I am just going to try go ahead with it when I get home tonight.

Back