What's your plan for the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm sitting here pondering life and what the future holds...

So, I was wondering what your plans are, like what's your hopes for the future type question?

I'm easy - make sure my kids get a decent start, they are comfortable, and can stand on their own.

My personal plans are hopefully me and the wife get our villa in Spain and we can retire later on when the above is complete :)

Mick

Last edited:
My kids are all grown up and producing grandkids. Our plan is to get the mortgage paid off 5 years early get the savings up and try and retire a wee bit earlier than state retirement age.

Buy a house big enough so I never have to move. Wait until the cannabis laws are changed, and open a cafe supplying quality cannabis, and the wife will be making the cakes.

That or world domination, I can never decide :)

Kids sorted, mortgage sorted, retirement sorted. Savings are adequate, but current interest rates are a bummer. Abroad's great for holidays but wouldn't want to live there.

Keeping our options open though, got ourselves Irish passports just in case.

First and foremost family is #1

But my aim at present is building up a business I recently started, building up a customer base and hoping they recommend my work (which is working already)

1.Family again is at the top of my list, im lucky as all 4 of my kids have what they want 2 have kids and 2 work full time.I have 3 grand kids and 2 on the way , so i will always be skint hahah.
Im not one for moving abroad , but wonder what our country has to offer in the future for the grand kids.
I would like to retire at 55 as i would have been in Leisure 37 years by then ,but honestly I couldnt sit idle.so what will be will be will be.
Health \7 happiness for my kids and grandkids.

Opening a full-service home theater shop for residential and commercial installations.

Well sat here I hospital again 3rd heart attack in 2 years .so for me it's either hope my health improves or I go without suffering. I 2 years I've had many health issues that no one else can seem to explain . And now I'm not even allowed to the toilet alone . How was embarrassing is that at 44 . Way my health is declining I doubt I'll even see grand kids or even see my youngest daughter get to school leaving age but I've prepared myself for that . Saved some cash for if the worst happens and just hope my wife and kids are ok .

all I'm aiming for is to make sure my kids and grad child are fine, house only has 4 years left and I will be mortgage free, that all I need :)

Well sat here I hospital again 3rd heart attack in 2 years .so for me it's either hope my health improves or I go without suffering. I 2 years I've had many health issues that no one else can seem to explain . And now I'm not even allowed to the toilet alone . How was embarrassing is that at 44 . Way my health is declining I doubt I'll even see grand kids or even see my youngest daughter get to school leaving age but I've prepared myself for that . Saved some cash for if the worst happens and just hope my wife and kids are ok .

Hope everything works out well for you @hollow

Last edited by a moderator:

Hope everything ok for u m8

I've lived and work abroad in new zealand. Rented my house out and both of us took a year out with the intention of stopping. We did not make enough to keep going so back to uk. Aim is to be morgage free by 52 and trying to smash a load away into a pension so I can go back and enjoy the living I did not have when working.

Hollow its suck about your health. I'm 43 and just played another full season at softball and still running around as fast a some half my age. Hope I can keep going.

Wish I had the health I had just over 2 years ago. Been moved upto the ccu ward waiting to go for stents at Sheffield. That may improve the heart problem but wont improve the seizures I keep having . It's like a prison camp bored stupid .

Sorry to hear this hollow hope things improve.
Sometimes i think im having a shit day then i read stuff like this.
Was having a bit of shit day to i read this.
One day at a time m8.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

To anyone reading , knowing your sharing a room with 3 other ppl who are by the looks of it coffin Doding for the next week is not the best thing to look forward to .groaning and Farting all over . Bright side is .whatever tablets there giving me seem to have me tripping out . Just can't wait to get this opportunity over with and get back home to my family

- - - Updated - - -

Should say op as in operation not oppertunity

seen one guys when they parallelize your body and wow hope i just go mad before all that

All im saying enjoy the time you have :)

Last edited:
Hey, well i have a plan :) had it since 2013 bought a house in the Outer Hebrides which you can see in my avatar, like I said had the since October 2013, since then every holiday has been spent there getting it ready for me to pack in the rat race and slow down :) I am getting very close to 50 and said to myself i want to slow done by then, it didn't look quite like that when i bought it,

cable run photo.jpg
to this
20151030_144912.jpg

it has had parts of the roof put right a load of new slates, in side got totally gutted went from this

house 071.JPG

to this

20141225_122738.jpg

all new windows put in, new concrete floor to part of the house which was pretty damp :) not anymore the membrane sorted that out,
then i started on the insides this year stud walls damp proofing all over as the walls are concrete no DPM in them,

WP_20160819_12_38_50_Pro.jpg click it twice it should go the right way up :)

all the electrics are in too, plumbing should be going in in the next couple of months,

Well that is my plan laid out alot still to do, but i am hoping me and the wife will be up there late next year taking a easy :)if everything goes to plan that is.

Cheers

Focus

every time i make a long term plan, something happens to totally stuff it all up. At 40 years old im changing most things about how ive worked for the past 25 years. Ive always worked with technology, but have recently applied to the fire service, and working my way through different skydiving qualifications. Ive lost all the passion i once had for technology, so slowly working my way out of the game

no plans set in stone though

every time i make a long term plan, something happens to totally stuff it all up. At 40 years old im changing most things about how ive worked for the past 25 years. Ive always worked with technology, but have recently applied to the fire service, and working my way through different skydiving qualifications. Ive lost all the passion i once had for technology, so slowly working my way out of the game

no plans set in stone though
hope it works for you mate big changes are hard to do sometimes, but they can be worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back