whats the newest windows

jase02476

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi i was going to do a cleen install on my pc but i jut wonderd whats the newest windows out today i have got windows xp meadia center edition 2005 on at the min

i got it installed and its prity cool but just 2 probs i can not get a any AntiVirus software to work with it is there any free ones i can try and the other prob is i cannot get java on there

not sure bout vista but i run xp64 pro without any problems these days. i must admit it takes a little work but most drivers can be found. except webcam drivers. total nightmare scenario.. as for antivirus i found nod 32 to be great . virtual drives use to be a problem till i descovered daemon tools works on xp64 and more recently i have gone back to alcohol since they have now included xp64 compatability.

hi i tryed nod 32 but it will not work with vista i could get norton to work but you have to download a file offf them to get it to work but you have to put in the code on the back of the box what you get norton with to get this file and i have not got one

i got a fierwall to work with vista its called f prot antivirus but my internet is going really slow its saying on the tasck bar that i have limited internet connecshen but when i check it its all ok and all connected im useing somthing called netscape search to brouse the internet coz it gos that slow it just dos me head in is there anythin i can download to make my internet brouesing faster or do you think its internet explorer 7 thats a bit crap any help thanx

jase02476 said:
i got a fierwall to work with vista its called f prot antivirus but my internet is going really slow its saying on the tasck bar that i have limited internet connecshen but when i check it its all ok and all connected im useing somthing called netscape search to brouse the internet coz it gos that slow it just dos me head in is there anythin i can download to make my internet brouesing faster or do you think its internet explorer 7 thats a bit crap any help thanx
isnt it internet 7 beta (like a trail or tester) , download mozilla firefox and see if thats faster m8

yes its a lot faster now i have got firefox on can i uninstall internet 7 beta or what ever it is and install internet explorer 6 some how

i want to uninstall internet 7 but it dont give me the opshen to do that like on xp is there another way to unistall it like in the sisterm32 folder or somthin coz i want internet 6 on there thanx

Last edited:
jase02476 said:
i want to uninstall internet 7 but it dont give me the opshen to do that like on xp is there another way to unistall it like in the sisterm32 folder of somthin coz i want internet 6 on there thanx
do a restore m8

do i just go to program files and deleat internet eplorer on the c drive thanx

Last edited:
jase02476 said:
do i just go to program files and deleat internet eplorer on the c drive thanx
didnt know u whent with vista in the end . if u remove it might leave some uninstallable files so when u install 6 it might say u have a later one installed , u might have to just try it m8 ?

i tryed it and when i try to install internet 6 it sez i have got a newer version and it will not install

jase02476 said:
ok when i go to add or remmove programs this is the pic i get just click on the link

http://www.sendmefile.com/00348848

and there is an option at the side advanced options

http://www.sendmefile.com/00348856

but when i click it then i see windows features but when i click on it it just gives me this but i dont see internet explorer in there

http://www.sendmefile.com/00348872
sounds like its built in m8 , u can try and remove that google bar that might have some files that r stopping u removing 7 but l think u are stuck with it , firefox is better anyway and they will sort ex 7 soon then u can update it then ?and u do know u can upload pictures on here m8 just use the pager clip in the message box

Last edited:
Back