Hardware Battery replacement now not powering

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
A builder friend dropped a laptop off saying not holding charge but works on charger.

Dell Inspiron 7000 gaming 15"

I tested and found the battery wasn't holding charge so I replaced with a decent new one and installed, charged, rebooted without charger 4-5 times to check worked fine. This is on a clean Windows install

He had it a day and said not powering up at all dead, nothing with or without charger.
I just took a look and took the battery out and it worked on the charger. I then re-installed the battery and now it's booting with or without charger.

I then tried go to the F12 diagnostics but it get 2/3rds across and locks up so I have exit.
Do I have to do something in the bios to like activate or reset battery settings?.

I looked in windows battery settings and it shows 96% and will run on battery but not sure for how long before it stops rebooting

Last edited:
Not every thing can be fixed, probs a bad design from Dell , just give it back and tell the bloke to take it to a local pc shop , most do no fix no charge and let them have the nightmare

I would check your power settings including "What closing the lid does" Switch both On battery and Plugged in to "Do nothing"
cGc

NCwxOTUmc3NsPTE

Back