whats the newest windows

jase02476

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi i was going to do a cleen install on my pc but i jut wonderd whats the newest windows out today i have got windows xp meadia center edition 2005 on at the min

there's windows vista (beta) out there and windows x64

but i'm on windown xp media centre. the others (win 64 and vista) seem to be beta versions and not with much driver support or some program compatibility issues.

i know i'll be sticking to windows xp media centre till there's more support for the other windows os's

im going to try that windows vista out and let you all know how it is but i just read that alot of peeps cannot connect to the internet when they have installed it but ill give it a try

Latest version of Windows is Microsoft Windows Vista 32Bit Build 5365 this is still beta 1.

i have downloaded windows vista but befor i put it on my pc is there a way to save oll my drivers to disc coz i was reading that peeps was haveing driver probs thanx

Vista

Vista is crap now, if you dont want to give yourself a sore head then stick with xp for now as drivers for tv cards printers, scanners and cameras dont seem to work for now.

Official Vista launch date is January 2007: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4831374.stm (most beta versions do have bugs and driver problems)

However, the likes of Dell, HP et al should be shipping machines with Vista installed from November 2006.

The above BBC website says 6 versions (3 home, 3 buisness), but offical Vista site only lists 5 versions: Buisness, Enterprise, Home Premium, Ultimate, Home Basic.

Ultimate is the top version (i.e. contains all the features of the other versions, buisness- and home-targeted).

The plan is to ship all the versions of 'home' one one disc (not sure on buisness aimed versions), so as to allow easy upgrading of operating system (presumably you just upgrade your serial number on line, then over-install and verify online).

Expect reviews in all the PC aimed mags in the run-up to the official launch (this months PC Format has a preview).

Last edited:
i've tried vista 64 bit (Build 5308 ) and it does NOT install on a sata hard drive others have had the same problem. not just me

i just tryed to install it but when it finished instaling i just get a black screen i tryed 3 times and the same

little_pob said:
Official Vista launch date is January 2007: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4831374.stm (most beta versions do have bugs and driver problems)

However, the likes of Dell, HP et al should be shipping machines with Vista installed from November 2006.

The above BBC website says 6 versions (3 home, 3 buisness), but offical Vista site only lists 5 versions: Buisness, Enterprise, Home Premium, Ultimate, Home Basic.

Ultimate is the top version (i.e. contains all the features of the other versions, buisness- and home-targeted).

The plan is to ship all the versions of 'home' one one disc (not sure on buisness aimed versions), so as to allow easy upgrading of operating system (presumably you just upgrade your serial number on line, then over-install and verify online).

Expect reviews in all the PC aimed mags in the run-up to the official launch (this months PC Format has a preview).

i would like to get my hands on the ultimate version sounds cool

but they will have it on the validation scheme

:Cheers: :Cheers: :Cheers: :Cheers:

well they say all you need to do is

Follow These Steps..

1- open RUN and write MSCONFIG

2- Go to Permit Folder

3- stop SOFTWARE LICENSING SERVICE

4- stop SL UI NOTIFICATION SERVICE

5- RESTART

and you can get all the windows updats you want and when you are installing a copy you have downloaded when you are installing it tell it you ent on the internet cuz god knows what microsoft will do to you copy of windows

the one i downloaded was 3.03gb thats the one that gives me a black screen after install but there is another on what is 1.98gb so im downloading that one to see what happens when i install it

i installed on both but the x64 has loads of probs it just used to crash on windows tour!

i got sick of it so i formatted

by the way vista looks awsome would like a beta copy of it to test but i dont like downloading it to much stuff involved

:Cheers: :Cheers: :Cheers: :Cheers:

fes did you try the "vista x64 (Build 5308 ) that was the latest build i believe but many people had issues installing it on there sata h/drive if you used that build and managed to install it on your sata could you give give some advice how u got it installed chears m8

Back