Win 10 Windows 10 wont install on my acer laptop

melttc

DW Regular
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Trying to install windows 10 on my daughters laptop , I have ahd the disk out of the laptop and formatted it in my pc and it still wont allow me to install windows?
it says setup cannot continue die to a corrupted installation file. Contact the vendor of your windows installation disc.

im frustrated as hell as been trying for a few days now? Any ideas

Hi Manic

With a USB flash drive m8

I have created anew flash drive and same results!

im going to bed and will have another read up when i wake up, It has to be something simple.

Give them settings a try ?

Check the time and date is correct

Download Rufus select your windows ISO and select GPT in the portion scheme

Then click onto start to create your usb drive for windows installation

Reading up about your laptop and they are saying it does not like a NTSC format to install windows ? GPT is fat32

Acer bios.png

Last edited:
Thanks for that maybe i try format in fat32 and then try again in laptop?

Thanks for that maybe i try format in fat32 and then try again in laptop?
Hi

I tried that but it says it has to NTFS to install windows, i have just deleted all the other partitions which it wasnt allowing before so im going to try that

Hi

I tried that but it says it has to NTFS to install windows, i have just deleted all the other partitions which it wasnt allowing before so im going to try that
Still no joy guys says windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of the installation arrggghhhhhh

Just trying an old hard drive and that seams to be taking it? Maybe this other hard drive is faulty?

Could be m8 nothing lasts forever

Try putting it back into your pc and scan it for errors

Last edited:
You can use HD Tune Pro try the trial version

I have the cracked version on my hard drive somewhere lol

Run program , select your hard drive , then select Error scan , see if you can tick the box quick scan and click the start to test

Ok update:

old hdd worked fine the one it came with still giving me same error , so i need to find out how to set it back to a normal hdd just one partition

Use windows Disk management and delete all the partitions them just make new drive and format

Sounds like the drive is fooked slam dunk it in the bin for 3 pmsl

Use windows Disk management and delete all the partitions them just make new drive and format

Sounds like the drive is fooked slam dunk it in the bin for 3 pmsl
Silly as it sounds it all looks fine its just not letting me put windows on shows as 2tb so ok for storage.Weird

mmmm strange have a check in disk management and see if the drive has been formatted to GPT or MBR ?

And see if the working drive is the same ect

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The disk has errors but windows says they are repaired but obviously not

Back