• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

what opens an exe

dutcho has managed to fook his machine, quite simply....lol, it seems the machine no longer knows what programme it needs to associate with exe files, this he says is a wee bit of a problem because no programmes will open as it requests which programme he wants to open it with.

any advise other than format helpful!

P.s. if we dont get it sorted soon i may not be on for a while as dutcho will have took over my machine...........

zerofool2005

Chilld/Teenage Member
Sounds like it may need formatting mate. An exe is interperated by the kernal. I cant work out how he has done this lol

dutcho says he has tried system restore but it does not know what programme to use to open system restore

he has also tried the repair function of the xp disc but the association stays the same

bash213001

Premium Member
Premium Member
can you just do a repair,or is there mismatched memory in there ,did you make any changes prior to it happenin

Last edited:
showed him this earlier and he just looked blank....he has just tried to use reg edit as it suggests but it does not know which programme to open reg edit...pmsl

charlie senator

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
yeah apparently its a well known medical condition ? wtf another guy has it off with pavements !!!

zerofool2005

Chilld/Teenage Member
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/1,,2007110349,00.html

Chris, who DOES have a girlfriend, confessed: “A nice car for me is a feast for the senses. It’s about smells, feelings and tastes. If I see a gorgeous Mercedes I know I’d love to jump into bed with it.”

His weird obsession mirrors that of electrician Karl Watkins, who The Sun revealed was jailed for having sex with pavements in Redditch, Worcs, in 1993.
LOL

Dutcho

VIP POOF
VIP Member
Errr thanks for help, I think, lol.

Anyways the basic programs are running now so I guess it's back uptime and format to be sure, I was gonna try vista anyways seems like a good time to try it ;)