What Movies would you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Machete", you gotta watch this, it's so über violent it's funny :), it's got Danny Trejon in it, who is brill and seems to be in everything with Mexicans/Latins in it. Also Alba, Rodriguez, don johnson, seagal and deniro, oh and cheech and lohan?, star cast!

Robert Rodriguez, directs, so it was bou nd to be class!

A decent TS is out by Prism!

Inglorious B#sterds 9/10
She's Out Of Your League 7/10
District 9 8/10
City Of Men 7/10
City Of Ember 6/10
A-Team 7/10
Clash Of The Titans 7/10
Appaloosa 7/10

Dunno if you only like films in English but here's a few foreign films, some are a bit voilent though.

Mesrine- there's 2 parts to this film.
Elite Squad (Tropa de Elite).
Sin Nombre (Without Name).
The Prophet (Un prophète).
Carandiru.
22 bullets (L'immortel).
Old Boy.
The Orphanage.
City of god (Cidade de Deus).
Onibus 174 (Bus 174).

Enjoy.

Dunno if you only like films in English but here's a few foreign films, some are a bit voilent though.

Mesrine- there's 2 parts to this film.
Elite Squad (Tropa de Elite).
Sin Nombre (Without Name).
The Prophet (Un prophète).
Carandiru.
22 bullets (L'immortel).
Old Boy.
The Orphanage.
City of god (Cidade de Deus).
Onibus 174 (Bus 174).

Enjoy.

City of God - Very good film :Kickassro
Once Were Warriors - A "foreign" film and in English - 2 sequels What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted & Jakes Long Shadow.
If you like The Departed, you might want to watch the original (which I think is better) - Infernal Affairs that also produce 2 sequels Infernal Affairs 2 & 3.

I went to see 'Savage' in the cinema this evening.

Savage is a thought provoking and disturbing psychological thriller about a pleasant and well mannered young man who is subjected to a brutal assault in a random and unprovoked attack on the streets of Dublin.

Some parts of the movie are quite violent and graphic but the main focus of the film is how he deals with the attack and the changes in his life following the assault. You will come away asking yourself just how thin is the veneer of civilisation, and just what would it take to unleash the savage in any one of us.

Not what i would call a pleasant movie, but definitely not run of the mill. Well worth a watch.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1345512/

Last edited:
Watched the Expendables a couple of nights ago, was ok, typical action movie really, and then Salt this evening.

Is Salt a remake of something, because it was awfully familiar to me?

I quite liked Avatar 3D, but only for the special effects really, the storyline wasn't anything special.

I've had mixed reports about Shutter Island, i must give it a go.

forget shutter island and watch "identity" from 2003, essentially the same story but better and it works on many levels

speaking of older films have you ever seen memento?

forget shutter island and watch "identity" from 2003, essentially the same story but better and it works on many levels

speaking of older films have you ever seen memento?

tbh i don't know, i'm terrible at remembering the names of films, and then i watch the first five mins, and go 'oh i've already seen this one' :(

Still waiting on a good copy of inception to come out.

I don't think this film has been mentioned, it's a couple of years old but I enjoyed it.

The bank job

Still waiting on a good copy of inception to come out.

ditto.

I might actually go to see Inception in the cinema, my daughter says its very good. Last picture i went to see was Avatar 3D :)

I have Harry Brown, i like it, haven't seen Unthinkable. What's The Book of Eli like?

The Book of Eli really film with a twist you wont guess:Clap:

Watched Repo Men over the weekend, it was really food.

Just got Jonah Hex too that looks good.

Am looking for something decent to watch, haven't watched that many movies in the last year or so, so anything good? The last batch of movies i watched were around the time of Gran Torino, Slumdog Millionaire, Defiance, Taken etc.

I've seen Kickass and Avatar.

Thanks! :)

just watched airbender good family action film:Clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back