What Movies would you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think 3/4 of the films I have are either horror/action/films.

I don't know if you've watched them but, I'll give you a wee list anyway:-

30 Days Of Night, Attack Force, Blood: The Last Vampire, Blood & Chocolate, Bloodrayne (I wouldn't recommend the 2nd one - different actress and just not as good), The Bourne Trilogy, Dog Soldiers, Severance, Skin Walkers.

If you don't mind subtitled movies, then there's:- Battle Royale and Battle Royale II, Let The Right One In, Oldboy.

Out soon:- The Expendables, Piranha 3D, Centurion, Resident Evil: Afterlife.

Hope this helps. :)

I have 30 Days of Night, i haven't seen most of the others though, was thinking of giving Dog Soldiers and Severance a go :) What's Skin Walkers like?

I have 30 Days of Night, i haven't seen most of the others though, was thinking of giving Dog Soldiers and Severance a go :) What's Skin Walkers like?
Skin Walkers is just another term for Werewolves. It's about a young boy and his mother whom are being protected by one set of werewolves but, also being hunted down by the other evil set. I can't say anymore otherwise it would ruin it. ;)

Skin Walkers is just another term for Werewolves. It's about a young boy and his mother whom are being protected by one set of werewolves but, also being hunted down by the other evil set. I can't say anymore otherwise it would ruin it. ;)

lol now that you describe it, i've seen it :) thanks, pretty sure i have it there somewhere on a disk, might watch it again actually :)

its a bit old ..but just watched cast away. enjoyed it spec wilson... wot an actor lol ...might of been sed b4 but i can only click on last page.................. 2night .......but my niece has been on this pc ????? lol

I have Inglorous B@stards thanks joe, haven't seen Shutter Island have had mixed reports about it.

I have seen Castaway, rewatched Forrest Gump recently lol

Actually that reminds me i like the Green Mile and Gladiator and The Patriot as well :)

Last edited:
for a download unthinkable is worth watching, at the cinema inception is brilliant

for a bit of gore try watching a couple of episodes of Spartacus, blood and sand.
very nasty in parts and also a lot of naked scenes.

I have Unthinkable, will watch it soon. :)

Spartacus, that reminds me i have a series there called 'The Wire' i was recommended and haven't watched yet, it's on the other pc lol, anyone seen it?

Last edited:
Eva, there's always The Transporter trilogy for some more action films. :)

Seen them, liked them as well :)

Just watched Green Zone, liked it :)
I've got Green Zone but haven't watched it yet.

Try Hard Boiled, The Killer, Desperado, The Departed, Smokin' Aces. :)

I have four or five movies there now and apparently there is 60 hours of 'The Wire', so that will keep me happy for a bit! Thanks for all your suggestions :)

Shutter Island is good but very predictable.

Pocahontas, oops sorry Avatar was pish. :)

I quite liked Avatar 3D, but only for the special effects really, the storyline wasn't anything special.

I've had mixed reports about Shutter Island, i must give it a go.

I've had mixed reports about Shutter Island, i must give it a go.

It's well made etc and deffo worth a watch, but you'll probably have it all worked out after 15 minutes.

I have Unthinkable, will watch it soon. :)

Spartacus, that reminds me i have a series there called 'The Wire' i was recommended and haven't watched yet, it's on the other pc lol, anyone seen it?

ive watched the wire it is really good but i found the 1st season a little slow with too many characters to keep track of, after that though its good stuff

Seen the A-Team the other day... Quite sh*te indeed, but aside from that it was one of the noisiest films I have ever seen, just a constant hum of machines, shouting, explosions and what not And the CGI with them shipping containers at the end was so cheap and so far fetched.

***EDIT - think this was supposed to go in a different thread of recently seen films... Sorry...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back