What Kind Of Antivirus Do You Use

What Antivirus System Do You Use

• Total voters
Am i the only person not to use any Anti-Virus?

ive had my computer running with no anti-virus or any 3rd party software based firewall for 18 months now and have had no problems whatsoever, even when i knew i had a virus(random pop-ups) id just check process in task manager for unknown processes(yeh i remember my process list :p), reboot in safe mode, delete it from startup in registry and do a search for it and delete it manually. ive only had to do this twice :p

you are mad! i bet you have nothing but trojon horse all over your pc, but thats your choice - vut mad

I used to use Kaspersky free from AOL, but changed back to AVG free, coz it works well:eater:

I'm still using McAffee at home. Thats probably why the pc just took 3 minutes to come on :eater:
I might try one of the others mentioned in this thread now.

I notice nobody has mentioned Sophos.
We use it on all machines at work, so was just wondering if that is any good.
Anyone know ?????

Cur1y

I used to have Sophos but it slowed my machine down big time, kept causing ossues with my P2P stuff as well like emule and Bit Torrent. This was a while ago thouigh, they might have improved it now.

I hear ESET NOD32 is the best anti-virus for detection rates, speed and Memory/CPU Utilisation. I cant be bothered to buy it though and aint found a decent cracked evrsion yet...

Tried a few, and for best protection Kaspersky is the best I found so far...but for some people it might be a bit overprotective sometimes :)

kaspersky.gif

usually use bitdefender10 but just changed it to AVG pro to give it a shot but if it's crap i'll be going back to bitdefender

Norton here although i do turn it off as any antivirus scaning as your working hogs ram

i have used avg for a good while, the best has to be between avg and avast. i have never liked norton and would never recomend it. avg and avast keep it nice and simple and get rid of the problem when ever you have one.

Mcafee security center on desktop and avast on my laptop but i have tried loads. Have to say that Norton was the worst one i tried it was system hungry and i am starting to think the same about Mcafee on my desktop as well going to change to avast when licence runs out with Mcafee.

i have avg (which i like because it never bothers me just works) i might try nod32 because Ive heard good things about that, im not really fussed about security of my pc as when i had a slower pc i did not install any security programs as it would slow it down and had no problems. i uses ad-aware and spybot and crap cleaner to get rid of any junk and registry cleaning and i run a disk cleanup and defrag once in a while. also every 6-8 months ill have a reformat.

you are mad! i bet you have nothing but trojon horse all over your pc, but thats your choice - vut mad

rofl, i'm another user who is vut mad then.

I can't do with the 'latency lag' - as I call it with anti-virus.

I run monthly online scans, I've had one virus over the last 3 years, installed AVG to get rid off the messy bits, uninstalled it once it was gone.

rofl, i'm another user who is vut mad then.

I can't do with the 'latency lag' - as I call it with anti-virus.

I run monthly online scans, I've had one virus over the last 3 years, installed AVG to get rid off the messy bits, uninstalled it once it was gone.

ok well i have not had a virus in the last 3 years at all but then again if i did my antivirus would probaly let me know about it

I have no anti virus, never have done really. If there is a new virus out, the software that you use will prolly but out of date, but i use msn mail, that has anti virus.

I've always used AVG since dinosaurs roamed the earth (that may be slightly exaggerating), and I have never had a problem.

I remember using Norton and Mcaffe back in the Windoze 95 days with a subsciption, and they used to be the bane of my life on system processes back then on my 90hz cryrix.

It is now one of my pleasurable pastimes, when repairing friends/familys computers, to great take pleasure in formatting them b*stards off.

Back