What Kind Of Antivirus Do You Use

What Antivirus System Do You Use

• Total voters
Im sorry guys but i have tried norton avg trend micro, all of them but avast home edtion or pro is the best by far you must all try it

I used to have Norton AV on but i got 2 dodgy viruses that didnt get detected by it also it adds about 3 minutes onto the bootup time.It seems a lot more stable since i put PC Guard on, Thats what prog picked up the 2 viruses i had.

Symantec Anti Virus Corporate Edition V10, Comodo Firewall, and Webroot Spy Sweeper.
Or when im booted into Ubuntu (Linux) Firestarter firewall, anti-virus not required.
Already behind a SPI firewall on my wireless router before anything hits the PC's anyway.

Last edited:
lol, sav corporates a lot better than the usual Norton crap they sell to Joe public. it;s much less resource hungry and it doesn't require activation or subscription renewals works out the box doesnt need any reboots when it's updated either.

I have 3 pc's ...well 2 laptops and pc and run different on all.
On my main pc i run AVG pro and ZoneAlarm pro
On my laptops one runs xp and one has vista...on the xp i have Norton and the vista one has Bullguard.
Never had a real problem with any of the systems virus wise but tend to prefer and trust my main pc's config ...i think norton although good is very resource hungry and tries to take over everthing....as for Bullguard i have only had the laptop a month and other than trying to get my head round vista have not really had any probs with it.

lol, sav corporates a lot better than the usual Norton crap they sell to Joe public. it;s much less resource hungry and it doesn't require activation or subscription renewals works out the box doesnt need any reboots when it's updated either.

I know mate, I've got it somewhere, it's massive and pish. :)

Am i the only person not to use any Anti-Virus?

ive had my computer running with no anti-virus or any 3rd party software based firewall for 18 months now and have had no problems whatsoever, even when i knew i had a virus(random pop-ups) id just check process in task manager for unknown processes(yeh i remember my process list :p), reboot in safe mode, delete it from startup in registry and do a search for it and delete it manually. ive only had to do this twice :p

m8 how would u know if u have a virus if u've no anti virus software installed?
install even a free a/v and u'll b surprised wot it picks up...obviously if u've no a/v installed ur comp will never find a virus in it...or am i just being silly thinking that way?

Kaspersky the current one for me...used Avg until recently without any probs i just fancied a change.....

Kaspersky tends to do well in PC magazine anti-virus product reviews. I use F-Secure's AV. This allows you to legally install on up to 3 PCs at no extra cost.

I use F-Secure Internet Security, firewall and antivirus in one. Previously used Norton and Mcafee and F-Secure wins hands down against them so far.

Avast all the way for me. Excellent for networking, 100% effective, minimum use of resources and most of all it's free(ish)

Regards.

I'm still using McAffee at home. Thats probably why the pc just took 3 minutes to come on :eater:
I might try one of the others mentioned in this thread now.

I notice nobody has mentioned Sophos.
We use it on all machines at work, so was just wondering if that is any good.
Anyone know ?????

Cur1y

Back