what is the difference

Fredrick Bloggs

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi...I am a newbie (as you might have gathered). I recently dove in and made a purchase of 3 receivers and now I am curious as to what the variety of Uk receivers actually do, as in do they have the ability to gain all the same channels with them being from the same signal source ie. satellite dish and lnb. Which is the most versatile receiver. if I have the dish pointed at a certain angle will the English language be automatic selected and a foreign language if it is located in a different position etc. I thank you in advance for your assistance.

if I have a set channel list on my receiver on a standard 45cm zone 1 satellite dish and I replaced the dish with a 1.2m satellite dish, would the receiver automatically find new channels on the "Astro 28" or would the list need to be manually updated

Last edited by a moderator:
m8 i take it your 45cm dish is pointed at 28.2 whish sends it signal to the uk and ireland which is english speaking, the bigger the dish just means you can pull in more satellittes and weaker transponders if you had a motor on your dish and turned it to another satellite the language would be in the country the satellite is aimed at,but a lot of films that you pick up will be in the lauguage of the country, but by pressing a button on your remote you can switch to the original language which is usally english but not always,you will have to say what your receivers are for more information

m8 i take it your 45cm dish is pointed at 28.2 whish sends it signal to the uk and ireland which is english speaking, the bigger the dish just means you can pull in more satellittes and weaker transponders if you had a motor on your dish and turned it to another satellite the language would be in the country the satellite is aimed at,but a lot of films that you pick up will be in the lauguage of the country, but by pressing a button on your remote you can switch to the original language which is usally english but not always,you will have to say what your receivers are for more information

Back