What dish size

forrest1066

Inactive User
Reaction score
I know this is a little off subject, but i am moving soon at Anglesey :) and want to make full use out of my TM800HD. I would like to get most european sats like hotbird etc. But i would also like to try and pickup Tring for EPL games. Could anyone please advise what dish size i need - i was going to get a 1m motorised setup. Will that size dish be enough?? any info would be appreciated guys :Clap::Clap:

A 70cm dish is OK for Tr*ing on 16 east in Anglesea, although for Thor 1west and some other satellites I would recommend at least 80cm. If you are motorising your dish go for a Triax 88 or 90cm and you should get most satellites even in shitty weather if you have a clear view south and 40 degrees east & west of south.:banana:

go for the biggest you can afford m8, you can have up to 1.1M without needing planning permission ;)

A 70cm dish is OK for Tr*ing on 16 east in Anglesea, although for Thor 1west and some other satellites I would recommend at least 80cm. If you are motorising your dish go for a Triax 88 or 90cm and you should get most satellites even in shitty weather if you have a clear view south and 40 degrees east & west of south.:banana:

so are Triax the best make to get the i have seen one on ebay for £45 and free postage - 88cm one?? Also what motor do you recommend i was gonna go for a technomate one??

Last edited:
Hi mate, my honest opinion after trying out more dishes than I care to admit to!
You wont get much better value for money than a 1m Orbital dish (steel or aluminum) they wont last a "lifetime" but they will give you the best gain/reception for a 1m dish with an inverto black line ultra lnb and they are some of the cheapest around. When I had mine set up here in s wales all thor/sirus nordic/BADR4 no problems, 7W verticals in all but crap weather. You wont get much more unless you go for a much bigger dish. I used to have a Triax 1.1m, and tbh I didn't care for it much.

Triax88 price of £45 seems a good price with free delivery and has a strong foldable LNB feed arm ~ a Technomate TM2600 diseqc motor at around £55 has metal internal parts and has good installation instructions. Its up to you whether you go for a 90cm 0r 1m dish ~ The TM2600 is good for both ~ if you live in a very windy area the go for the smaller dish.:banana:

Back