What about a "news bot" ? goes off and grabs a news story & then comes and posts it?

Re: What about a "news bot" ? goes off and grabs a news story & then comes and posts

Try the selective forum filter now

SETTINGS ---> General Settings ---> (at the bottom) there is a exclude list :)

Regards
Mick
Just tried it there but they still show up on 'New Posts', do I need to logout/in or something?
Another quick question, do new members have the capability of pm's soon as they join? Thought they had to be here a while/certain number of posts or similar?
HH.

Re: What about a "news bot" ? goes off and grabs a news story & then comes and posts

Working on DWVIVID (style) I have not updated the rest as it's 24 point edit in templates and we have 4 styles :(

Let me know if its working 100% for everyone on Vivid style and I will do the rest :)

Mick

I "Marked Forums Read" after I read what I needed too and they havent shown since HH
maybe try that :)

I think new members have the right to 1 PM if they need help with something and they can contact a member of staff
unless thats changed lol

Yeah the unread posts lol is a different mod and trying to tie them together might be difficult...

Give me a Min I will have a go.

Mick

I like it that new "rss" thread! top work that like!

I think I can make it work with the unread posts, I know that if you exclude them in the general settings it works with new posts, todays posts etc, but at this point it does not work with unread posts.

However I will sort it tomorrow... to much paperwork tonight :(

Mick

looks good, and one last thing if i can, lol. any chance we can have the icons the other way round on "DW LIGHT BLUE" I've just marked all forums as read in my control panel (think i seen rat post about this the other day) and now all i got is Orange dots all over the place...well down the side, lol...it be better (me thinks) if the orange stars/circle's appeared if there was a new post rather than "no posts"

If at all possible, and of course not up to me like...ta.

Back