vu+ ultimo.. is it worth it

fair enough dude.

Think it will be best to agree to disagree as you are going by your info and im going by my info. Aslong as my picture is there i really dont give a toss as it is to much ballache

one thing to add is that when the dual tuners are released it will be intresting to see what performance gain there is with the stock tuners. I do beleive that the sharp tuner does give a very small marginal increase on some tp's but my ultimo can view mbc action without breakup... the tm500s cannot without breaking up??? so odd results

one thing to add is that when the dual tuners are released it will be intresting to see what performance gain there is with the stock tuners. I do beleive that the sharp tuner does give a very small marginal increase on some tp's but my ultimo can view mbc action without breakup... the tm500s cannot without breaking up??? so odd results

The Sharp Tuners in the TM500 are a lot better than whats in the Ultimo and Uno. the reason why you cant get a signal on the MBC package is because they are DVB-S2 TP's even though there only SD, what margin did you get on the MBC on the Ultimo as on the Duo it had breakup at 53%

Fruitball, do you get an attenuator and test it
got the same probelm as on this thread with vu+ duo not picking up V transponders on 4.8e
H one's are ok

Fruitball, do you get an attenuator and test it
got the same probelm as on this thread with vu+ duo not picking up V transponders on 4.8e
H one's are ok

What image are you using and did you upgrade to the latest FPGA 4.5 from the plugin menus as this sots some of the Tuner faults out

i've got an vu+duo clone
used blackhole 1.7.3 and vix 2,3 2,4 these did not let me pick 4.83 V transponers
connected up to my old dreambox 500 they were there right away
just tried blackhole 1.7.6 and vu+ Duo is froxen on starting capition on box
thought the FPGA 4.5 were for ultimo

i've got an vu+duo clone
used blackhole 1.7.3 and vix 2,3 2,4 these did not let me pick 4.83 V transponers
connected up to my old dreambox 500 they were there right away
just tried blackhole 1.7.6 and vu+ Duo is froxen on starting capition on box
thought the FPGA 4.5 were for ultimo

With you replying in a topic which header is " Vu Ultimo worth it" i had assumed you had an Ultimo

Dont even bother trying different images on the Clone Duo the Tuners are Shite no matter what image you try, Infact not even an original Duo's tuners are that good either

thanks
i wonder if the attenuator would help,
i only got the duo so i could flick from sky sports news to 3pm kickoffs and back again at half time without having to wait for the dish to move back and forth, so i really could do with some kind of fix,

an attenuator makes a signal WEAKER, by reducing it by the amount of dB marked on its case, or somewhere in between for adjustable ones, so if youre tuner is not receiving enough signal, then fitting one of these will only make things worse and affect the channels you ARE receiving

think i read in here or on other threads, that by reducing signal it allowed the weaker signals to be picked up
i know i'm grabing at straws but at the moment this vu+duo does not do what i brought it to do, so i ned to see what i an do about that
and back on earlier pages Fruitball said he was going to test and report back

think i read in here or on other threads, that by reducing signal it allowed the weaker signals to be picked up
i know i'm grabing at straws but at the moment this vu+duo does not do what i brought it to do, so i ned to see what i an do about that
and back on earlier pages Fruitball said he was going to test and report back

Yes he did mate but he bought the Ultimo and not a Duo so you cannot compare the 2 as they both use different tuners.

digi247

do you still got ultimo
If you remember months ago I told you about tuner In ultimo
In fact In low Ku band things are OK and maybe slightly better than Duo, but In High Ku band - It Is worthless
I don't know however If they fixed It with upgrade

digi247

do you still got ultimo
If you remember months ago I told you about tuner In ultimo
In fact In low Ku band things are OK and maybe slightly better than Duo, but In High Ku band - It Is worthless
I don't know however If they fixed It with upgrade

Sold it after owning it for around 3 months then got the Uno which did not suffer the same problems although these could have been fixed as both the Uno and Ultimo have had FPGA upgrades since

Back