VU+solo2 Mini.

Hi all, i actually used OpenPli.Does the HBBTV plugin work on a mini v+solo2?I installed HBBTV plugin from their feed but do not know how to run it.Thank you.

Yes like BOBBY said,as far as i know,only German and Dutch Public channels support HBBT,if u have installed HBBTV,go to the Public Dutch Channel (Ned 1,Ned 2 or Ned 3),push the Blue Button,select HBBTV and then HBBTV will start,then u have the choice to see the MISSED PROGRAMMS of those channels...And of course,with HBBTV installed you are able to watch Youtube.TV

Few things:
1. connect to the receiver by telnet or ssh
2. chceck file /etc/fstab
3. if there isn't exist right mount point for this partition, just write in by vi editor to the /etc/fstab file

Why did you format it in fat32 format?
fstab exist.

I format in fat32 because other dvb-t receiver only recognice hdd when is fat32 formatted, only for this.

Just got a solo2 mini, what image do i need to install and what plugins?

Just ordered this box.

Can someone please link me to the latest safe openvix image please?

Also do I need to do anything else to protect it from being bricked by vu?

Thanks in advance!

Is the tuner on mini solo 2 changeable as it is the case with the tuner for dreambox 800hd se or it has to be replaced together with the motherboard?

Last edited:
Is the tuner on mini solo 2 changeable as it is the case with the tuner for dreambox 800hd se or it has to be replaced together with the motherboard? And another question, about a bad remote control, is this remote from the link genuine and is it appropriate for this box?

Thank you.

Its not in a slot mate so can not be replaced.

No links to dealers are allowed.

Can you recommend me the genuine remote for this box, because this one is more than bad. You don't have to give me the name of the seller just the photo so I would know which one to buy. Thank you.

Is this receiver mini V+solo 2 mini better choice from clone dreambox 800hd se sim A8p? Right now, I own mini v+solo 2 but I'm interested in the experience of those who own this other receiver. I wanna know which receiver is a better choice at this moment. Thank you.

Last edited:
Is this receiver mini V+solo 2 mini better choice from clone dreambox 800hd se sim A8p? Right now, I own mini v+solo 2 but I'm interested in the experience of those who own this other receiver. I wanna know which receiver is a better choice at this moment. Thank you.

The best choice at the moment is to steer away from any vu clones as vu have put out a new timebomb.
For me vu clones are generally better as they have faster processors and more modern.
I have had every clone going and until timebomb the clone of vu solo2 was great.

Hi Guys,
I am totally new to forums and would appreciate some guidance with setting up my VU SOLO box. The Box arrived yesterday but it seems to have no operating system installed??? I've actually order 2 (for me and a mate) but both units do nothing when turned on and I'm totally lost.

Please help!!

Hi Guys,
I am totally new to forums and would appreciate some guidance with setting up my VU SOLO box. The Box arrived yesterday but it seems to have no operating system installed??? I've actually order 2 (for me and a mate) but both units do nothing when turned on and I'm totally lost.

Please help!!

Hi mate.happy to help but need some more details..
Is the box a genuine vu solo which I doubt as that would have come with a vu factory image on it so can you post more details about box...

Hello AJT,
I have no idea if the box is genuine or not as I purchased it from a seller in china. Is there any way of telling from the shell or do I need to open the unit?

Yes its a VU Solo 2 Mini.

Hi best thing to do first is to make sure you have connected box right as it's unusual for any box to ship with no image..
How have you set up box..what happens when you turn on box..
How is it connected to tv..hdmi etc..

Can you post picture of box..sorry it's that there is so many boxes with mini vu or vu mini or xsolo mini....

Also just had a mad thought vu have put out a new timebomb to kill clones..
Has it just bricked.

Like here
Original poster was dirkjan73.

Vu new timebomb for the solo2 clone
Ok guys this new VTI 7.0 Has a NEW TIMEBOMB!!!This is a fact!My mate has a DragonWorth V3,and that box accept every genuine image but always stuck on LOADING,he tryed this new VTI 7.0, 5 Seconds Sat Sync,LOADING and BRICKED!!

So DO NOT Flash this on Ure Solo2 Clones!100% Bricking Chance!The V3 Protections has NO USE!!

Last edited:
The best choice at the moment is to steer away from any vu clones as vu have put out a new timebomb.
For me vu clones are generally better as they have faster processors and more modern.
I have had every clone going and until timebomb the clone of vu solo2 was great.

Hi mate I have a clone on Apollo 015 with protected drivers that I downloaded from here. Will my box be ok?

Back