VU+solo2 Mini.

One out ... of what? I do not have any other intentions. Simply i want Linux stb and solo2se seems that it will best fit to my needs, thats all. I contacted three sellers and these says that this solo2se is safe to use without bricking if i will not do upgrade ... but ... rather be safe than sorry ... so what is probably best safe firmware for this unit?

Don't know what images it runs...it will need a patched image whatever.

First solo2 se will be shipped probably next week, but i can not wait, so i will get genuine vu+ solo2 or genuine vu+ solo se. Genuine vu+ solo se is only about 100 euros more than clone solo2 se.

First solo2 se will be shipped probably next week, but i can not wait, so i will get genuine vu+ solo2 or genuine vu+ solo se. Genuine vu+ solo se is only about 100 euros more than clone solo2 se.

The supplier is telling me that even if bricked the box can be recovered via rs232. So on the older model clones I.e vu solo 2 mini you have to physically replace the flash chip?

Yes. But i think that there are still a lot of potential ways how you can make unit inoperable despite direct access to chip via rs232 .

Ok well I've picked one up as it seems to offer more functionality than the solo2 mini.

Great. When you will receive it please post some photos of inside.

Ok will do.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a problem on my mini vu solo 2. My fan suddenly stopped working. Is it possible to embed a new better and bigger fan, which wouldn't be directly connected to the board, but somehow externally. I feel like this one original which I already have is not good enough and it gets hot fast. I also tried, while my fan was working, to set up the temperature on 35 C on SetUpTemp, and for the fan to roll on 1890rpm. But even when the box is raised above the table, I have a feeling that it's hot continuously. Is that normal?
If someone already has experience with this would you share with me the steps you took to resolve it, and recommend me which fan to buy?

I have a problem on my mini vu solo 2. My fan suddenly stopped working. Is it possible to embed a new better and bigger fan, which wouldn't be directly connected to the board, but somehow externally. I feel like this one original which I already have is not good enough and it gets hot fast. I also tried, while my fan was working, to set up the temperature on 35 C on SetUpTemp, and for the fan to roll on 1890rpm. But even when the box is raised above the table, I have a feeling that it's hot continuously. Is that normal?
If someone already has experience with this would you share with me the steps you took to resolve it, and recommend me which fan to buy?

It virtually impossible to replace the fan with one the same size as it's a weird 28mm.However you can fit a 30mm fan and these are widely available and I have done before as I found factory fan very loud...externally you could use a laptop/net book cooler that plugs into USB port on box..also over heating could most likely be caused by older drivers patched for your box..

Hi, open it up and check if any wires are catching the fan, i had mine for a few months, the heatsink does get quite hot but temp says 31c, i guess the sensor is not reading from cpu temp , i have my fan set at 2003rpm when on, which is still silent, and i also have it spinning in standby, at 1899rpm which is very silent, dont like idea of it not being on when in standby

Before the fan stopped working, settings were like in the picture.
http://www.dodaj.rs/f/1B/lF/DJHUdwc/33.jpg
I am not completely in clear how to in SetUpTemp control you can adjust fan 1 voltage, fan 1 pvm, wanted temperature and treshold pmv vpoltage. Can you explain me this a bit further, how to adjust it?

Before the fan stopped working, settings were like in the picture.
http://www.dodaj.rs/f/1B/lF/DJHUdwc/33.jpg
I am not completely in clear how to in SetUpTemp control you can adjust fan 1 voltage, fan 1 pvm, wanted temperature and treshold pmv vpoltage. Can you explain me this a bit further, how to adjust it?

i only use vix images as i much prefer them, and in menu there is temp and fan control and very straight forward

Yes, unfortunately I have not tested Vix image. Is the thing in the question Opevix Helios VU+ and X Website --- DownLoads or maybe someone's back up? I'd love to know if it's possible to, in this moment, to flash this image which you use because of the time bomb? And do the youtube and HBBTV work on it? Thank you.

Hi, the previous safe images are still fine and working on my box i have a solo2 mini with sticker at back v2 and its by lorisun, im using openVIX Apollo 019 only for V3 Clones which uses drivers from VU+ and X Website --- Home . , its the new drivers and VTI 7.0 which uses them that kills the box which is the new implement .

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, the previous safe images are still fine and working on my box i have a solo2 mini with sticker at back v2 and its by lorisun, im using openVIX Apollo 019 only for V3 Clones which uses drivers from VU+ and X Website --- Home . , its the new drivers and VTI 7.0 which uses them that kills the box which is the new implement .

Cheers for that..clears up a few things..

shame de2zet banned, he contributed with the images, which i use Apollo of his and it works perfect youtube etc , not had a single issue on it

shame de2zet banned, he contributed with the images, which i use Apollo of his and it works perfect youtube etc , not had a single issue on it

could not agree more mate..but you can not post the way he did and insult Mods.
Just looking at your box now the solo mini se one may get myself one..very cheap.

could not agree more mate..but you can not post the way he did and insult Mods.
Just looking at your box now the solo mini se one may get myself one..very cheap.

mine aint the SE one, SE has esata and says can use rs232 for flash, but there aint no recovery tools or files so believe it when i see it

mine aint the SE one, SE has esata and says can use rs232 for flash, but there aint no recovery tools or files so believe it when i see it

I have sent china seller a message asking if I brought the box where could I get files to recover etc..will let you know

Afternoon lads my mate ordered one of these vu solo2 se clone on thursday i,ll be setting it up for him soon as it arrives will post feed back soon as i get my hands on one regards dubliner

I've also ordered one and will be filling you guys in.

I have ordered vu+solo2 mini se also.looking for any images tested working for this box or just solo2 mini.
please upload any images to clone downloads or PM me

Back