Vu Solo 2 V4 update.

Sorry if you've already stated but what exactly is the tuner issue, does it just fail to scan? Or are you sending a bouquet but all the channels are greyed out?
From what I understand the tuner issue has affected only a few people who have flashed v4 update and box freezes upon using tuner (ie viewing channels). However, no tuner issue was apparent before v4 flash update.

It's weird because v4 flash update has been available for like 6+ months but only recently have I come across this being mentioned on this forum so it can't be v4 flash update problem, on it's own at least.

It also can't be a driver issue (again on it's own) as thousands probably use images with the lonrison clone safe drivers and many probably use later images i've done over past couple of months without issue.

It's not a newer images with older lonrison safe driver issue (again on it's own) as problem is still apparent when using Karl68's vix 78.

With only a few, to the best of my knowledge, having this issue it's extremely difficult to determine what it is but I don't believe it's one single fault, rather a combination of things resulting in this tuner issue.

My solo2 is a Lonrisun as stated by the supplier (Shenzen L+W) and by the "X" symbol on a chip on the motherboard. I bought the box in Feb of this year. It worked fine with BH 2.1.1 which was on the box when shipped to me. Various images from the VU-HD site were tried, but the only one that worked was VTI 7.0.

This worked fine for a couple weeks until I decided to upgrade to V4 which is when the problems started. Some newer BH, ATV and Openvix images will load, and allow you to access setup menus, configure HD Drive etc and generally have you thinking everything is fine until you do a scan for channels. It will get to about 10-12% then freeze with no response at all. The old images from the VU-HD site won't even fully load whereas they did before with V2 even if they were not fully functional.

The box worked 100% before the V4 upgrade so I can only conclude that the upgrade is not fully compatible with my box and has rendered it unusable.

Maybe Lonrisun changed chipset suppliers or configurations and didn't bother ensuring that their supplied V4 upgrade would work with them.

It would be really great if the manufacturer or supplier actually tested their upgrades on their current supply of boxes. Maybe they would uncover the issue and release a fix for it. But if the numbers affected are really small (and those affected have already handed over their money) then I won't be holding my breath.

The box has been packed up and put away and I am now back on Freesat.

From what I understand the tuner issue has affected only a few people who have flashed v4 update and box freezes upon using tuner (ie viewing channels). However, no tuner issue was apparent before v4 flash update.

yes, picture and audio running, spinner spins, solo2 does not respond to the remote control, but I have ftp access - network working ok

Have you tried downgrading to v2 or v3? From what I can tell this should be possible as the update simply checks that the box outputs a particular string on the serial port and then blast the update to the box.

Have you tried downgrading to v2 or v3? From what I can tell this should be possible as the update simply checks that the box outputs a particular string on the serial port and then blast the update to the box.

yes and I think this is no possible, after downgrading to V2 or V3 nothing's changed

Hi Guys,

I feel that you need to try the new bootloader this is not the 808 file that is found in the v4 upgrade this is in the file i have posted and the only way you will get this file into the box is via hypher terminal its a new bootloader file not the v4 file i am trying to say here.

the file is called >> SOLO2_BOOTLOADER Lonrisun (new).dat << if you read the pdf file added it shows you how to connect the hyper terminal to the stb via COM1 it takes you to the COM1 setting and there you put bits per second is set at >> 115200, data bit is >> 8, parity is >> none, stop bits is >> 1, flow control is >> hardware save these setting, and then click on the send and a screen pops up asking you which file to send. then you pick the file said solo2 bootloader lonrisun new .dat and then where it says>>>

Does this apply to SOLO 2 or SOLO 2 SE ?

My solo2 is a Lonrisun as stated by the supplier (Shenzen L+W) and by the "X" symbol on a chip on the motherboard. I bought the box in Feb of this year. It worked fine with BH 2.1.1 which was on the box when shipped to me. Various images from the VU-HD site were tried, but the only one that worked was VTI 7.0.

Your supplier sounds the same as mine but my box was ordered a wee while ago, I can't even update to v4 i've tried everything - update_tools window just sits there with flashing cursor and the box boots normally. I wonder if I don't have an update path and am stuck on this openvix-3.0.802 image, originally it was blackhole but prefer vix

If you can't update to v4 then you either need to replace the serial port daughter board or replace the max232 chip on the daughter board. This is the only way I've managed to get the update to install once you get to a situation where the update won't install.

If you can't update to v4 then you either need to replace the serial port daughter board or replace the max232 chip on the daughter board. This is the only way I've managed to get the update to install once you get to a situation where the update won't install.

Thanks for your reply, can I assume that due to age it is a limitation on the version I have, or could it be due to me playing with some images when I first got it?

I've got no idea to be honest. My box was a very early v1 box and when v2 and v3 came out I successfully updated the box but with v4 nothing I did would make the box take the update. So I pulled out the serial daughter board and resoldered it but again no go. So I replaced the max232 chip and the update then installed.

So no idea why it used to work and then stopped working except that changing the chip fixed it.

Could failure of flash update be related to port that is assigned to it? I'm sure I read in another thread that com port had to be One for updating box.

Hi I have a Clone SOLO2 that after updating to V4 I have problem tuner.

I tried to make the procedure:
I started "update.exe"
start "start download" and got stuck on "start download" without completing the procedure, I saw that I suddenly started to charge the image vix and decoder was still in "start download".

After 5 minutes nothing happened, I turned off the receiver and tried the procedure.

Start "update.exe" now comes out only the flashing cursor but nothing does not start "start download".

I noticed that if I have the receiver with the serial cable connected to a computer without any open program, will not start bootloader, it remains the purple button on but does not go in booting.

If power on the receiver without the serial cable decoder starts without problems can also update image from usb.

I tried to start hyperterminal but does not communicate with the decoder.

It will be damaged COM or secure flash rom?

I can solve with JTAG?

thanks

Do you have a Solo2 or Solo2SE?

Are you using a computer or laptop?

At a guess here it may expect communication on com port 1.

If you have an old PC still handy that has serial port by default can you try that?

I have a solo2 not se.
I using old personal computer not laptop With windows xp.
I using a com 1.

Sorry can't help much more myself as a small percentage are having this problem and no one yet has found out why!

How long ago did you get it?

bought 11/2013 mounted above a bh 2.1.1 I did upgrade to v4 started having this problem. sin is now unusable

It will be damaged COM or secure flash rom?

I can solve with JTAG?

thanks

maybe serial board or max232 chip on serial board
it seems to me that the problem with tuner comes when v4 upgrade don't properly seated in security chip

maybe serial board or max232 chip on serial board
it seems to me that the problem with tuner comes when v4 upgrade don't properly seated in security chip
But what is reason as why some people, such as yourself, have "tuner" issue and some don't?

That's what i've been trying to establish. It must be hardware related somehow.

But what is reason as why some people, such as yourself, have "tuner" issue and some don't?

That's what i've been trying to establish. It must be hardware related somehow.

I think that the problem affects first produced solo2 with "solo2" on secutity chip (not X)
when my solo2 was on V2 I tried to put blackhole 2.3.0 (this blackhole are for V4) and nothing happened except that there was the same problem with tuners. With blackhole 2.0.9 (V2 version) there was no problem
my solo2 also has a problem with update

Back