Vu Solo 2 V4 update.

Hi guys

May i ask if any of you have this problem with all the later images or only Blackhole From the vu hd x site?

regards Talks.

I replaced flash chip and the situation is the same, nothing's changed.
it seems that flash chip has nothing to do with the V4 upgrade.
Have you tried the solo2 flash mcu tool ive posted it has not been downloaded to what i see and that has a bootloader fix and erases all from the stb as a fresh start.

regards Talks.

with new flash chip everything is OK with bootloader, so there is not a problem
tuner problem occurs with all newer images (blackhole, vti, openpli...) but they boot just fine

Could someone who is having this tuner problem since installing v4 flash, try Karl68's Vix 078 image here.

Ideally, doing a fresh usb flash with no restore of settings and using built-in ABM (AutoBouquet Maker) for simple satellite setup ie 28.2.

This is a really old image and would help narrow down if problem is combination of image related and something else.

Personally, I don't think it will make a difference as my guess is it's a security chip issue with maybe newer boxes.

Also, if those that have tuner issue after flashing v4 update, could maybe post back with following details:-

1. How long ago box was bought?
2. Is box Solo2 or Solo2 SE?
3. Did you go straight to v4, or go up in steps (ie v3 first)?
4. Box is either confirmed or presumed Lonrison (ie it actually states Lonrison inside or sticker refers to vu-hd website)?

Maybe we could establish a pattern!

When I tried your newer image ketmp the box worked fine for with the tuners set to 28.8 or whatever it is. The only problem I had was that my ntfs external drives were no longer being picked up even after installing the built in kernel support for ntfs. For me this was enough to go back to an older image as I tend to use my external drives quite a lot.

Could someone who is having this tuner problem since installing v4 flash, try Karl68's Vix 078 image here.

Ideally, doing a fresh usb flash with no restore of settings and using built-in ABM (AutoBouquet Maker) for simple satellite setup ie 28.2.

This is a really old image and would help narrow down if problem is combination of image related and something else.

Personally, I don't think it will make a difference as my guess is it's a security chip issue with maybe newer boxes.

Also, if those that have tuner issue after flashing v4 update, could maybe post back with following details:-

1. How long ago box was bought?
2. Is box Solo2 or Solo2 SE?
3. Did you go straight to v4, or go up in steps (ie v3 first)?
4. Box is either confirmed or presumed Lonrison (ie it actually states Lonrison inside or sticker refers to vu-hd website)?

Maybe we could establish a pattern!

ok, I will tray vix 078
if they will not wont boot from flash, I'll tray to put it on meoboot to see if the problem with tuner will disappear

1. december, 2013
2,3,4 yes solo2 lonrisun, update to V2, V3 and V4 and again to V2, no difference

Hi Guys,

I feel that you need to try the new bootloader this is not the 808 file that is found in the v4 upgrade this is in the file i have posted and the only way you will get this file into the box is via hypher terminal its a new bootloader file not the v4 file i am trying to say here.

the file is called >> SOLO2_BOOTLOADER Lonrisun (new).dat << if you read the pdf file added it shows you how to connect the hyper terminal to the stb via COM1 it takes you to the COM1 setting and there you put bits per second is set at >> 115200, data bit is >> 8, parity is >> none, stop bits is >> 1, flow control is >> hardware save these setting, and then click on the send and a screen pops up asking you which file to send. then you pick the file said solo2 bootloader lonrisun new .dat and then where it says>>>

Zmodem with crash recovery there is a arrow to pick a dif zone here we put Ymodem, and send the new bootloader this is not the flash v4 as said it is a new bootloader, as daft is it may sound this could be the answer to sending the v4 flash file to the correct place and then the tuners may work.

I was lucky and re did my box and now is back to Blackhole 2.1.1 with no problems simply because i did the new bootloader aswell as the flash.

regards Talks.

Have you tried installing sunray images after you've done the bootloader update?

Have you tried installing sunray images after you've done the bootloader update?
No i have not because the Lonrinsen box has got there own safe image made for there chip so i would say best stick to what we have been told and use only the lonrinsen safe image.

to update all the guys here that own the lonrisen box, i have had a chat this morning with the chinese guy that sold me the box and bloody told him straight that the vu hd x site is out of date with the images and needs to be updated. he replied that he will investigate the issue and get back to me asap.

I have aslo found that when i go to there download site on the vu+ and X website i get this crap >> HTTP 错误 404.3 - Not Found
由于扩展配置问题而无法提供您请求的页面。如果该页面是脚本,请添加处理程序。如果应下载文件,请添加 MIME 映射。 this is then translated to english with google and >>> Due to the extended configuration problems and can not provide you with the requested page. If the page is a script , add a handler. If you should download the file , add the MIME map .

regards Talks.

Last edited:
ok, I will tray vix 078
if they will not wont boot from flash, I'll tray to put it on meoboot to see if the problem with tuner will disappear
Thanks. There have been a lot of code changes in newer images compared to that of 078 so it may help

1. december, 2013
2,3,4 yes solo2 lonrisun, update to V2, V3 and V4 and again to V2, no difference
Well there goes my theory that later boxes flashed with v4 maybe a pattern.

If you bought your box in 2013, when did you do the v4 flash update and were you using a image from vu-hd for ages before updating?

When I tried your newer image ketmp the box worked fine for with the tuners set to 28.8 or whatever it is. The only problem I had was that my ntfs external drives were no longer being picked up even after installing the built in kernel support for ntfs. For me this was enough to go back to an older image as I tend to use my external drives quite a lot.
If you could try on an original box, a newer image to see if ntfs external drivers are recognised then?

If you could try on an original box, a newer image to see if ntfs external drivers are recognised then?
My original box is still with my friends daughter so to be honest I've nit tried anything to date.

same problem with vix 078, after 1 minute enigma stop responding
I tried to put my good working backup (blackhole 2.0.9) on meoboot but problem with tuner remains
I tried to change in /lib/modules/3.3.6-1.2/extra/ dvb-bcm7356.ko with older drivers but then again I have "starting" loop on display

same problem with vix 078, after 1 minute enigma stop responding
Ok thanks for trying. Did you try a fresh usb flash without meoboot being involed (ie only vix 078)?

I tried to change in /lib/modules/3.3.6-1.2/extra/ dvb-bcm7356.ko with older drivers but then again I have "starting" loop on display
That is a very old kernel for solo2. location should be /lib/modules/3.13.5/extra. What image are you using with that kernel?

Last edited:
Ok thanks for trying. Did you try a fresh usb flash without meoboot being involed (ie only vix 078)?

That is a very old kernel for solo2. location should be /lib/modules/3.13.5/extra. What image are you using with that kernel?

yes, only vix 078 in flash
now i have blackhole 2.3.0 (2.1.1) from vu-hd, work ok with tuner not configurated :)
I think the problem is in drivers

now i have blackhole 2.3.0 (2.1.1) from vu-hd, work ok with tuner not configurated :)
I think the problem is in drivers
I don't think it's drivers, well purely just drivers at issue here as only small number are having tuner issues whereas I can imagine thousands have flashed v4 and using these latest images (albeit with older drivers) without a problem.

i have blackhole 2.3.0 (2.1.1) from vu-hd, work ok with tuner not configurated :)
How long is it, on average, before you have tuner issues after you have setup tuner and either scanned channels or used bouquet list.

Sorry if you've already stated but what exactly is the tuner issue, does it just fail to scan? Or are you sending a bouquet but all the channels are greyed out?

Back