Vu Solo 2 V4 update.

I'm thinking those odd few that are having issues with tuner refusing to scan (etc), it is because of the built-in security chip not liking the drivers and refusing to allow channels to be scanned which would then mean a date/time sync happening!

I say this purely because my Sunray Solo2 (the one with a detachable nand flash chip) flashes both original and sunray safe images fine and tuner scan works fine with either original or sunray safe drivers.

However, my Sunray Solo2 refuses to do a scan of channels when the Lonrison v4 drivers are being used. In fact, it results in busy icon appearing and then refusing to stop until a reboot is done. I think the Sunray built-in security chip is obviously not recognising the lonrison v4 drivers and refuses to do a tuner scan to ensure I don't get a date/time sync which could of (but it actually wouldn't) resulted in a bricked box.

I was told by one forum member that their v4 tuner issue was resolved by replacing the rs232 connector/chip and therefore assuming that beforehand it wasn't fully accepting the v4 flash update (despite receiving no error messages) whereas now it works fine.

also how can i check if i have lorisun or sunray thanks

- - - Updated - - -

can someone please tell me how i can check version of my box thanks

also how can i check if i have lorisun or sunray thanks

- - - Updated - - -

can someone please tell me how i can check version of my box thanks

Do you have a mini usb port on the rear if not you have Dragonworth or Lonrison if you have you have sunray

In response to upgrading to v4
Is there any need? I've had my lonrisun for about a year and it had openvix on it when I bought it. It works fine and updates epg etc.
Will there come a time that I have to update?
Version Helios.
Build 017.
Kernel 3.3.8
Drivers 2014/04/24.
Last update. 2014/05/08
It's a lonrisun at least that's what the sticker on the chip says :(

If you're happy with it then there's absolutely no need and to be honest this would suit the vast majority of people. Updating is for people like me who like to have a play with the box, I update simply cause I can but the last time I updated my old clone box was to get the service name picon feature as I was sick and tired of editing service numbers :)

Thanks for your Reply IAmATeaf.
I've been told that as I have Helios I'm probably on V4 already. But am going to leave well alone ( re update)

Just a quick update, I managed to get an update image of hades with patched drivers for v4. It wouldn't instal via USB but installed from vix image manager.
I also still get black hole at initial boot but then goes to vix before fully loading.
Does this mean I can update any openvix images now or do I need to keep an eye out for patched lonrisun images? Tia

Be on the safe side and only flash patched images for your receiver

Pb-enigma2 is the best image for lonrison v4 .its officially released by the team

I was just wondering how many people have had issues updating their box to v4 due to a bad RS232 chip?

I have never been able to get the update to work on my box. It was the first thing i tried once i knew my box was not a dud when it was new. The update exe just sits there doing nothing as if i hadn't plugged the cable into the box. I checked the COM port settings and tried using multiple versions of windows etc.

I came to the conclusion that it had a dead RS232 from new and just stuck with the latest v2 image i could use but would really like to update the image now i've had the box a year or two.

Any input about other people's experiences would be appreciated.

Back