Vu Solo 2 V4 update.

You can find it on the vu-hd site, click on update tools and select the one dated September.

You can find it on the vu-hd site, click on update tools and select the one dated September.

Sorry it's took so long to get back...but that worked a treat. I already had it downloaded but had another also, which was maybe V2, so I must of been loading bootloader V2 over my original, which was probably also V2.

Anyway, happy bunny now especially since I discovered just how awful the remotes were that came with it and treat myself to original Vu one. Makes all the difference : thanks :

I've fixed my remote. What you have to do is open it up then take a look at the discs that make up the centre pad. None of the discs where lined up so I removed each in turn and made sure the the centre of the disc sits exactly over the small centre dot on the PCB, this for me fixed the issue.

I've fixed my remote. What you have to do is open it up then take a look at the discs that make up the centre pad. None of the discs where lined up so I removed each in turn and made sure the the centre of the disc sits exactly over the small centre dot on the PCB, this for me fixed the issue.

Interesting...was the main gripe with yours the downward function of the centre wheel? If so then I'll give it a go and keep for a spare.

On my remote all the central buttons were very unresponsive and needed a hard press and wiggling. The buttons still click but they now operate with just a normal press. For the centre I actually used a knife/blade to cut around the plastic sellotape type material so that I could remove and reset it without disturbing the others.

Having an issue since I tried upgrading to V4 and just wanted to confirm that you can still get the dots and download complete message even if the box hasn't actually been upgraded. I have a sneaky suspicions, the upgrade executable will run and and show a complete message even if it hasn't actually done anything. I am using the supplied 232 cable with the correct colour coded ends fitted as per instructions and a USB adapter on COM1.

Since the upgrade (or upgrade attempt) I can't get any images, either from the V4 safe section on this page or from Vu-hd site. Some will hang on loading, others will load but won't allow satellite searching.

Just trying to figure out if I have a problem with the upgrade or the images.

same problem here
after V4 upgrade, old images give me "hw error" on vfd screen
with new V4 images I have hang problem when I want to watch channel

Lads can you,s state what chip your box is running on is it samsung or toshiba chip .

As theres a few of yous now having this problem as it,s strange that members are having this problem with images from the vu-hd site aswell .

Have yous replaced your flash chips recently as i remember a member posting info about some new chip i,am just wondering are the seller send out newer type chips and the v4 upgrade is not fully compathable as it,s 6 months old now .

My box v2 at the time came with toshiba chip and has been replaced twice with toshiba chips and i made sure i flashed the v4 upgrade a least twice just to be extra safe always got hw error then flashed openvix 29 from the vu-hd site each time aswell .

Mine had the toshiba chip, china swaped it first time with same chip but second time i used a guy from ebay and it was a samsung he fitted, i flashed my back up that i used from the toshiba chip and it worked wirh the samsung chip, but when i flashed apollo 29 from vu hd site it sticks at 99% boot ,it was a v2 now i dont know

yes, my samsung chip was replaced with toshiba
so, now I have toshiba chip inside
I flashed the V4 upgrade 4x and same problem, older images give me hw error and newer images boot ok but have tuner hangs problem

Im not going to do the v4 update every thing works very well

I flashed the V4 upgrade 4x and same problem, older images give me hw error and newer images boot ok but have tuner hangs problem
@moku, also had tuner issues after flashing with v4. Image itself is fine.

Now I just can't see how v4 flash can cause tuner issue and why just a tuner issue and nothing else?

Most Lonrison users have probably used the v4 flash but it's only recently problems were reported.

@emilioti, did you flash v3 then v4 or was it straight to v4?

I wonder if it's faulty blocks on flash chip maybe?

@emilioti, did you flash v3 then v4 or was it straight to v4?

I wonder if it's faulty blocks on flash chip maybe?

v3 and than v4
and after that v2 and then v3 and v4 again

before v4 update I have blackhole 2.0.9 and everything worked ok
but with blackhole 2.3.0 from vu-hd site I had also tuner issue before v4 update
with bh 2.0.9 in flash no tuner issue

I try replace drivers in bh 2.3.0 and than I have again "hw error"

before v4 update I have blackhole 2.0.9 and everything worked ok
but with blackhole 2.3.0 from vu-hd site I had also tuner issue before v4 update
with bh 2.0.9 in flash no tuner issue
Just so i'm clear, with v4 flash can you run the old BH 2.0.9 and if so, you have no tuner issue?

with v4 flash and bh 2.0.9 now I have hw error
only v4 images working, bh 2.1.4, but with tuner problem

with v4 flash and bh 2.0.9 now I have hw error
only v4 images working, bh 2.1.4, but with tuner problem
I was thinking maybe driver problem but I would have thought if it was then everyone else using images with the ONLY latest lonrison safe drivers in them would be complaining as a lot of people are using these latest images but with older lonrison safe drivers.

Mine has a Samsung chip as fitted new from the supplier. The chip has never been replaced or reflashed prior. From the very first attempt to upgrade to V4 I have had problems. Basically the box is unusable in it's current condition.

From my limited knowledge, it appears to be a problem with the tuner. Some images will load fine and you can go through setup menus etc. The trouble starts once you try to satellite searching for channels. Often get to about 10% and then everything freezes. No response from box to remote and it has to be switched off at the mains power switch at back.

Last edited:
But what is weird is some that were using v2 flash (as originally supplied with their boxes) had no problems with an earlier BH but once v4 update done, this earlier release of BH no longer works and that means forced to using the slightly newer BH (or other images) and that's where problems begin with tuner.

If it were tuner issue it would surely happen on that same box with v2 flash update but it doesn't.

If it were purely a driver issue then everyone else with v4 flash update and later images would also have this problem but again they don't.

It's looking like maybe it's a combination of different things.

I probably wasn't clear. I don't think the actual tuners are at fault. Its when the box is actually using the tuner i.e searching for satellite channels that it freezes.

It is looking like the V4 upgrade isn't fully compatible with *some* Lonrisun boxes. That may be due to Samsung v Toshiba chips or something else.

Either way, Lonrisun dropped the ball when they released the upgrade without fully testing it. Or released boxes with different chipsets and didn't check whether their officially supplied upgrade would work with them.

The only hope now is that Lonrisun/VU-HD release an upgrade (V5, V4.1?) that will work with all their boxes...assuming, of course, that the incompatible upgrade flash hasn't corrupted the chip beyond use.

Have you tried older images, I'm still using vix 3.0-808 on my box which has had the flash chip replaced and I've updated it to v4 and I don't have any issues.

Back