Vu Solo 2 V4 update.

Whatever the reason, it's weird. The v4 upgrade was back in September last year but at that time I don't remember there being problems with freezes when scanning/viewing channels.

To the best of my knowledge it's only of recent.

Problem is except for Sunray it can be extremely difficult to tell which other clone you have (either Lonrison or Dragonworth) and what flash version one has. No one knows for sure how many different flash versions of SE boxes there are because most SE boxes don't like sunray safe images but one person has confirmed that their SE box works with sunray safe images.

For the time being, at least, I would recommend anyone looking at purchasing a Solo2 clone to buy Sunray. At least Sunray are now providing constant image updates with latest drivers. Lonrison, Dragonworth or whoever else does the other clones are not really providing support because images are so old.

i confirm that sunray solo2 are supported by a strong team Dreamoem (Ramimaher,...)
i've bought mine a little quickly and now i received a lorinsun one
there are not many backup or image for lorinsun vusolo2
i'm looking for one OpenATV or Openpli
Because actually i've PBenigma but IPTV don't work on it and i've also some tuner issue

I have tried older images from the Vu-hd site. think it was openvix 27 or 29. Older images won't even fully boot.

Replacing the chip would probably do the trick, but I refuse to spend that kind of money when I feel it is the manufacturer's upgrade at fault. If it had been bricked through my own carelessness I would feel differently.

The flash chip, the one that is damaged when the box is bricked.

Hi Ketmp.

On your Request i have posted the same here for others to read.

I need a bit of advise here please.
I have a vu solo2 v2 lorinsen clone, i did the update to v4 no problem there, and fat32 usb stick and loaded the BlackHole 2.1.4 (build 05/12/14) which i found in your downloads here. The image went into the box without any problems and all fired up well.. but when i tried to do the Tuner setup it kept giving me a Tuner configs not setup and thats where i found the problem. So to move forward as i dont give up so easy i went into the addons and downloaded vhanibels motor e2 settings these when into the stb fine. I could go to any sat and worked ok, So to the next step i used dreamedit to upload the setting to the pc and made the lists as i like them and put them back into the stb and bump again it said Tuners not configured. So i tried again to do the Tuner setup and still no joy. So back to addons and again installed the vhanibels motor e2 and again all worked well. But please ketmp, can you tell me why when i want to make my own list even via the box remote editing and spending many hrs to do the lists the way i like them and then uploaded to the pc to save as a backup, and then back to the stb and bump same thing happened again said no Tuners configed, After many attemps with no joy i loaded Blackhole 2.1.1 for the vu hd x site that i downloaded from them as good messure and all works fine again, So if you can please tell me the solution to stop the problem with BlackHole 2.1.4 (build 05/12/14) from the downloads here please. to stop the tuner problem i seem to be getting as a fault.

To answer you my friend the vu solo2 was purchased from alib site with Shenzhen L&W Technology and it is only 6 months old. The sticker at rear says V2, and when fitting the HD i found the chip with the name lorinsen on it, so that told me that i needed to upgrade to v4, before trying a later BlackHole 2.1.4 (build 05/12/14) image from your downloads.
The image when purchased was Blackhole-2.1.1. So that is as much as i know about the clone i have. I have been Lucky enough to put it back to Blackhole-2.1.1 as i did do a full backup of the box once i got it the way i wanted it to run and all runs perfect again with thd Blackhole-2.1.1 image. So that tells me 1 of 2 things, either it did not upgrade to the V4 correctly but it did say compleat when i did the upgrade to V4! or the BlackHole 2.1.4 (build 05/12/14) has a fault. the real and only way to find this bit out is if other users have experienced the same problem i found.

I do thank you for saying to try that other image but i do like Blackhole image's and thats why i stick to that image. My only real hope is to ask you sir to try to get the Blackhole-2.1.5 as a image for the Lorensin clones Please.

Kind regards Talks.

Last edited:
@Talks,

If you read back through this thread, those very few (such as you) where the v4 flash is causing tuner problems. To the best of my knowledge it's not entirely clear what is causing it but it does appear to happen on other images as well.

As for your request for BH 2.1.5, please remember that all images uploaded by me or anyone else has VERY old drivers thanks to NO support from Lonrison therefore the images available are newer images running with very old drivers. This on it's own can cause problems and isn't recommended but no choice for those with Lonrison clones.

BH 2.1.5 makes full use of xbmc and you need newer drivers for this and as such will not be compatible with Lonrison clones for fact the Lonrison safe drivers are too old. Luckily, the other main image providers like OpenATV/Vix, have only added xbmc as a plugin rather than actually incorporate it into images so these images, it's still (currently, at least) possible to patch these images with older lonrison clone safe drivers.

If you try Karl's image (just purely for testing) to see if that fixes the problem because if not then I'm unable to help without knowing what the problem is.

I'm not certain if the few others that have had this problem have managed to find a fix yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have given up on it until Lonrisun/VU-HD release an upgrade that will work with my box. If you have been able to get the old BH 2.1.1 to work after the V4 upgrade then you are doing well. My box won't even load that image now.

Hi Trancer

I dont want to pee you off anymore than you are at present but ive been trying to get intouch with them Lorinsen guys on that VU HD X site and is seems to be dead in the downloads areas since thursday night.

You say your box will not even load the image that was on the box to start with so i can only guess you did make a backup because thats what i did do first before making the upgrade and maybe thats why i got mine back to life. but there is a V1/V2 fix made by storm breaker and i got this from a german forum.

Have you tried to do a new bootloader first as a v1 or v2 fix? or is the box compleatly dead?

I have added the file here read all carefully bud and it is a fix for the chip if not compeatly dead see the video attached read the read me pdf i can only wish you well and hope this fixs your solo2 bud

regards Talks.

Attachments

• VU+ Solo Clone Fix V1 & V2.rar
    30.1 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:
The flash chip, the one that is damaged when the box is bricked.

I will replace flash chip again, and see whether this will help, or will my problem be the same: older images hw error or starting loop and newer images only tuner problem.
I will also tray put newer images in flash and tray put older image in meoboot to see if the problem with older images will disappear (with tuner)

I will replace flash chip again, and see whether this will help, or will my problem be the same: older images hw error or starting loop and newer images only tuner problem.
I will also tray put newer images in flash and tray put older image in meoboot to see if the problem with older images will disappear (with tuner)
If the box is booting then changing the flash won't help as far as I know.

this files are for solo and duo, not for v1 and v2 solo2 :(
Hi bud the file came from a german board and it does say in the pdf file when open that the fix is for v1 and v2 so if the box is bricked anyways then what have you got to loose by trying this? if you read it then it clearly says check the box for the sticker v1 or v2.

How to use 2012 latest firmware for Vu+ Solo
STEP 1. Check Version of the receiver and Do the connection
1. Firstly, please check your receiver, if there is one Sticker "V2" in your giftbox or
bottomcover , then no need do the following steps. If not, then continue the next connection.
2. Please take out , from the receiver and Power off the receiver.
3. Connect the and with receiver and your computer.

this text is found in the upload solo rar extract it and you will see what it says.

accept my appologies bud it may not work but the idea may work as to the way to do it via the serial cable in the box when purchased. at all costs you could always try to use the file made for the v2 upgrade as v2 or try even v3 but not v4 i would not give up until i was 100% certain ive tried everything.

regards Talks.

Last edited:
problem starts after V4 update, do you think that V4 upgrading goes in security chip, not in flash chip?
I would say the flash chip bud i also have this file open it and see if theres any thing there that can help to solve the lorinsen box as said i have downloaded alot of files since i got the box for safe keeping as a just in case,

Theres nothing to loose is the box already dead as i see it and if your vusolo2 lorinsen did come back to life then we will be looking to help all lorinsen owners.

Regards Talks.

Attachments

• SOLO2 FLASH MCU TOOL.rar
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Hi guys

Here is the best video i have found to actualy change the chip if compleatly dead

the guy is chinese i think but the video is very well shown.

I have even downloaded the utube video as a keeping safe file just in case utube drop the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOrdt65ZpLA

regards Talks.

I think the best thing to do might be to offload the lonrison boxes and jump on the sunray band wagon. I'm seriously thinking about it.

I got that too but I really don't know what to do. Any expert here?

Back