Vu+Duo

Took the advice and tried a 3 day test, the first one I came across, the difference is unbelievable, not 100%, but from where I started from its immense, thanks all.

VU + Duo Twin HD PVR €297. delivered, outfit in spain
Although they are extremely reliable boxes, should something go wrong u need to return box. Returning to Spain would be a bit of a pain and expensive!

guys, my mate is getting an F3, I was going to set it up for him and was thinking an easy way to do it was, copy my files (apart from sub) using dump by usb, and using the usb to load it on his, wouldn't that be easier than going through the hassle of finding images, channels lists and everything else, would the same work on a Duo when ever I can afford to get one.

guys, my mate is getting an F3, I was going to set it up for him and was thinking an easy way to do it was, copy my files (apart from sub) using dump by usb, and using the usb to load it on his, wouldn't that be easier than going through the hassle of finding images, channels lists and everything else, would the same work on a Duo when ever I can afford to get one.

You can put a back up image on a duo if someone gives you one. To be honest you would bebetter starting from scratch as its not difficult.
If you get a duo give me a shout andi will point you in the right directions mate. I am assuming you dont mean an f3 image on to a duo as that is not possible lol

You can put a back up image on a duo if someone gives you one. To be honest you would bebetter starting from scratch as its not difficult.
If you get a duo give me a shout andi will point you in the right directions mate. I am assuming you dont mean an f3 image on to a duo as that is not possible lol

Will definitely need help setting it up. you might be sorry you offered as I haven't a clue, might wreck your head.

it really isnt that hard mate, any probs that crop up just ask on here and i am sure that the answer will arrive in super quick time lol
Will definitely need help setting it up. you might be sorry you offered as I haven't a clue, might wreck your head.

Why not go for the Solo2, that's what I'd be getting if I needed a new box right now.

has the solo2 got the record functions of the duo as in record up to 5 different programmes at the same time, do either of them actually have a Full 7 days epg, what are the connections like on them, can they easily be hooked up to a tv in another room, is the twin tuner's only really essential if you have 2 dishes or a motorized dish. seeing as I have 1 dish would I be better going for a single tuner. if nothing else its cheaper than a twin. but then would you still get the record function on a single tuner. sorry, a lot of question's here I am rabbiting on a bit.

solo2 and duo 2 record up to 5 channels, yes depending on what transponder they are on..doesnt meam you can record any 5 channels and still continue to watch any other channel...why wud you wanna record 5 channels..lol?..epg yes, opentv, rytec or coolmans epg..more options with motorised dish..more sats....hook to another tv ?..if you mean another box...then you need to consult yr provider for the extar sealion..lol...single tuner record on channel, watch another..

Hi JB, I might be better off just going for a single tuner so. I am not planning on getting another dish or changing to a motorized one. I just want to be able to record one programme while watching another, and have full 7 day epg, I have coaxial cables already running to other rooms that I use to watch Sly, cant change the channels in those other rooms but that doesn't bother me. would you recommend any box to do what I have outlined above. I think the Duo might be more than I need. thanks for the help.

duo will be fine...ive got one, and a solo, and uno, time to move on with something else lol..

If you want to record 1 channel and watch another, unless they are on the same transponder you'll need to get a box with at least 2 tuners.

Hi All, going need some help in a week or so, I ordered the Vu+solo2, does anyone know of a good tutorial for setting it up, at this moment all I know is the first thing I will have to do is put the BH image on it, half afraid I'll brick it the first day I get it.

It'll come with an image so have a play around with that to get used to the box before flashing new images.

Guess what, I need help, installed bh no problem, installed CCcam pack containing 4 CCcam into temp, Pressed Green then yellow and installed CCcams, set CCcam 2.1.4 as default, all okay there, copied CCcam.cfg to ect, check the box but cant find it, I can see and edit it in VU control centre but that's about it. only getting FTA, I am going to flash the box again and try just installing 1 CCcam. and them the CCcam.cfg again. but any suggestions would be gratefully received,

Guess what, I need help, installed bh no problem, installed CCcam pack containing 4 CCcam into temp, Pressed Green then yellow and installed CCcams, set CCcam 2.1.4 as default, all okay there, copied CCcam.cfg to ect, check the box but cant find it, I can see and edit it in VU control centre but that's about it. only getting FTA, I am going to flash the box again and try just installing 1 CCcam. and them the CCcam.cfg again. but any suggestions would be gratefully received,

Few things, after copying cccam.cfg you may need to hard reset box (turn off aat mains). Have you used cccam before are you sure its saved correctly? In your menu and softcam settings does it say cccam 2.1.4 and have a green tick beside it (that means its working no tick means its not)

Few things, after copying cccam.cfg you may need to hard reset box (turn off aat mains). Have you used cccam before are you sure its saved correctly? In your menu and softcam settings does it say cccam 2.1.4 and have a green tick beside it (that means its working no tick means its not)

Hi elmoemo, Have used it on F3 box only, CCcam 2.1.4 looks like its transferring ok, when I restart the box and press blue I can set it as default, them when I check a FTA channel I can see it in the Info bar, I don't see any green ticks like I did on the F3, I am putting CCcam.cfg in ect using VUCC its going in, I can see it and open it. I notice when I go to close VUCC its popups with a message the files are being edited no matter how long I wait, it looks like the CCcam.cfg is not transferring to the box. I spent 12 hours yesterday trying and still no luck, I will give the hard reset a go. Thanks K

When VUCC is asking that the files are still being edited and you have finished what you are doing then just press OK and exit VUCC this will then store the changes instantly no need to reboot the box.

Hi elmoemo, Have used it on F3 box only, CCcam 2.1.4 looks like its transferring ok, when I restart the box and press blue I can set it as default, them when I check a FTA channel I can see it in the Info bar, I don't see any green ticks like I did on the F3, I am putting CCcam.cfg in ect using VUCC its going in, I can see it and open it. I notice when I go to close VUCC its popups with a message the files are being edited no matter how long I wait, it looks like the CCcam.cfg is not transferring to the box. I spent 12 hours yesterday trying and still no luck, I will give the hard reset a go. Thanks K

I know mine didnt work yesterday until the green tick appeared, thankfully was only an hour or 2 though (but had set up a dup before). One more thing, is the the same cccam that is used in your f3 box?

Back