Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vu+Duo

kellogs23

Inactive User
Hi All, new to this forum not sure if I am posting this in the correct section or not, anyway

I have a skybox f3 for about 2 weeks now, The picture is constantly breaking up and freezing, The SNR hovers between 74% and 76%, I have it connected with a eithernet cable to my tp link router, my download speed is about 6mb, its a 60cm dish, SkyUK, The FTA is perfect but all other are terrible.
On other forums their seems to be lots of issues with the F3, I am thinking of changing it for a Vu+Duo. I don't mind paying for quality
Just want to get some feedback on if you think its the setup I have rather than the box. Thanks in advance.

If FTA is fine and only premium channel are affected, it could well be an issue with oversubscription on your share provider if yuo are using CS. This is a common issue with pay servers and it wont improve regardless of which reciever you purchase.

gsmtech, basically you saying this is as good as it gets regardless what I do, that was a waste of €250+. Thanks

But if you bought it with subscription attached it might be locked down so first port of call is your supplier

regardless of whether you have a f3 or a top of the range vu...it all depends on your cs provider, im assuming you bought a f3 with a free gift ( if you know what imean)..the signal levels are ok, so its your provider that is the problem..server probably over subscribed...you need a better provider....

Yes bought with a gift, I was thinking of buying the Vu+duo and starting from scratch myself, (the Vu+duo because it has twin tuners for recording while watching another programme), just trying to get as much info as possible so I can make a start with software and everything else that goes with it, Thanks to all for the info so far.

skybox f3 are brill little boxes especially for the price of them. i have one and runs smooth as silk:Smokin:
also have a vu+ duo, love this to bits, wont swap it for anything lol
as suggested above, contact the seller and explain ur problem.
if u paid via paypal and dont get positive response from seller, open a case against them, goods not doing efficently what the supposed to do!

Yes bought with a gift, I was thinking of buying the Vu+duo and starting from scratch myself, (the Vu+duo because it has twin tuners for recording while watching another programme), just trying to get as much info as possible so I can make a start with software and everything else that goes with it, Thanks to all for the info so far.

£250 is a lot of money for the box with a free gift if was only for a year. My suggestion is as others have said try a different service provider, many give free 24 hour test lines, cant talk about it on here though. Vu duo is a great box, about 170 for the clone delivered or 270 or so for original or 310 for the new solo2

£250 lol..thats a lot of money mate....regarding a paypal dispute, not sure on that...what are you gonna say to paypal ?...if you know what i mean, anyway sent you a pm if yiur interested...also never pay a yearly sub as you have done, monthly or every 3 months is the best way, as in your case if no joy u have lost your money...hope you sort it though

Thanks Jb & Elmoemo, yes I think I will chalk this one down to experience and start from scratch with the Vu+Duo, any suggestions where I could pick one up for a good price

jesus theres some fleecing fookers out there £250 you were robbed mate f3 box is about £50 that means you were charged £200 for a cs gift that prob cost about £30 to £50
try and get youre money back say the box has developed a fault as the channels do not work or something
you could have got a genuine half price sly deal for about £100 more and got a twin tuner box dish and instalation
i can not believe that price the guy who sold you that must have worn a mask

@kellogs23 sent you pm mate..

also never pay more then 3 months max at a time...cos you never know when this cs will end...cud be next week, next month, next year..who knows....lol

regarding a paypal dispute, not sure on that...
well i am pretty sure that the seller sold it advertised as freeze free service etc (thats wot they all say lol). well he aint got a freeze free service, so good grounds for its return in my eyes:Hit:

hope kellogs23 have some joy with the seller.:Smokin:

no what i meant was wouldnt it arouse suspicion..lol...as its cs..if you know what i mean...but hope you get it sorted kellogs23...

no what i meant was wouldnt it arouse suspicion..lol...as its cs..if you know what i mean...but hope you get it sorted kellogs23...

i no wot u mean, but u dont really have to mention thats it cs service do u ;-) sure the seller wont want that either lol

VU + Duo Twin HD PVR Enigma2 Open-Source Linux + FREE WITH PLi SOFTWARE AND CHANNEL LIST TV FLANDERS €354. delivered, what do you think

VU + Duo Twin HD PVR Enigma2 Open-Source Linux + FREE WITH PLi SOFTWARE AND CHANNEL LIST TV FLANDERS €354. delivered, what do you think

contact seller from ebay. contact them direct for a better price, and they will put on any software u want on as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back