Vonets vap11g wifi bridge for dreambox

grantsmith82

Inactive User
Reaction score
anyone used these ? how do they work? do they work well? thinking about using these for DM500/dm800se that not easy to use ethernet cable.

if connecting to a home network where do you input the wireless key? somewhere on the box menu?

The adapter basically turns a wifi signal into a wired one.

Your configure the encryption details, wireless access point/router using a PC, not the satellite receiver.

anyone used these ? how do they work? do they work well? thinking about using these for DM500/dm800se that not easy to use ethernet cable.

if connecting to a home network where do you input the wireless key? somewhere on the box menu?

The Vonets is a good bit of kit, works fine on both DM500 and 800HD/SE. As mentioned you plug the Vonets into a PC first and run the vonets software where you setup your wireless SSID, Security settings, Encryption keys etc. Once configure you plug it into your reciever. The bridge is transparent to the reciever, i.e: as far as the reciver is concerned it's running on a wired connection it has no knowledge of the bridge.

i got one of these coming for my 500s cant wait something to play with for a few mins, because i have been told dead esay to set up :) simples :)

Ive been using one on my 500 upstairs for a while. works fine and set up as said is very simple. Also piggy backs the power from the dream psu to power it (or you can usb).
I have also fitted a wifi extender upstairs as my signal was shit so it works perfectly

took longer to install software to set it up than it did to set it up working great, basiciclly all you do is tell it what your router SSID is called and put in the password save, and its done just plug it in to your box or xbox.

Last edited:
been using one of these for a while now shame you need the pc to change the wifi network and dosnt support EAP

Hiya guys can I ask a quick question?
Do you get freezing when decoding programs? I set mine up the other day and I get glitching every few minutes, I have a DM800SE clone.

Regards

Dave H

Do you get freezing when decoding programs? I set mine up the other day and I get glitching every few minutes, I have a DM800SE clone.

Regards

Dave H
I get that only when i connect box to mobile wifi.(3G).i do not think it can handle the speed as the decode seems delayed..your best bet is to get a wifi adapter or even buy the wifi kit for it DM800SE WIFI UPGRADE KIT only £16 box then has intergrated wifi.
but i use Vonets vap11g wifi bridge when i flash tis perfect

download or veiw tutorial on how to set it up here
http://www.vonets.com/download/VAP11G/VAP11G WiFi Bridge User Manual.PDF

Last edited:

Regards

Dave H
I use one on a spiderbox every now and then,it is about 10m away from the router and never a glitch.
It might be something to do with either your server or distance from router and insulation?

They don't work very well with virgin superhubs i gone over to home plugs.

I get that only when i connect box to mobile wifi.(3G).i do not think it can handle the speed as the decode seems delayed..your best bet is to get a wifi adapter or even buy the wifi kit for it DM800SE WIFI UPGRADE KIT only £16 box then has intergrated wifi.
but i use Vonets vap11g wifi bridge when i flash tis perfect

download or veiw tutorial on how to set it up here
http://www.vonets.com/download/VAP11G/VAP11G WiFi Bridge User Manual.PDF

You have probably answered my question....
I have got home plugs but I wanted this incase I ever wanted to use my mobile and use it as a mobile hotspot that the wifi bridge could login to.
Ahh well... looks like its not gonna happen I might look at the internal wifi option of that can use my mobile phone as a hotspot, has anyone tried that???
I guess the wifi bridge is gonna get sold :(

Regards

Dave H

You have probably answered my question....
I have got home plugs but I wanted this incase I ever wanted to use my mobile and use it as a mobile hotspot that the wifi bridge could login to.
Ahh well... looks like its not gonna happen I might look at the internal wifi option of that can use my mobile phone as a hotspot, has anyone tried that???
I guess the wifi bridge is gonna get sold :(

Regards

Dave H

just get a usb wifi dongle problem solved mate.

just get a usb wifi dongle problem solved mate.

I also connect to my box (box has intergrated wifi built in but i have used on wifi dongle too)using mobile wifi from my phone when my broadband goes down which is quite often as sky are sh*t...I have a nexus 4 and just turn on my mobile data and select tethering/portable wifi hotspot and config network settings in box to connect to phone over wifi same as you do for any wifi network and works great...you do get the stalling every now and then but i noticed once it has been connected for a while the stalling stops or is very random only now and then,but it is better than no tv at all and is usually only for an hour or so.while connected to mobile data i have found it uses nothing in the way of data.

Back