VM's card swap help page now live !

I should be getting my new sub box tomorrow or monday as soon as I receive it I will read the card and post what it is. No bulshit from me.

It will almost certainly be a normal Rom11 card unless your inside the test area. There's not much point in them sending you a card you cant use !

Vm are replacing all the Nagra 1 cards that are in all the boxes at present be it hacked or legit with the new nagra 3 cards. Once they have successfully sent out all the cards then they will cease with the nagra 1 streaming and all those boxes with nagra 1 card will go down and be defunked(kerput, dead, no good and so on)> At present there is no hack for the nagra 3 but thats not to say there wont be soon. The nagra 2 card only lasted 4 months before hacked.
This has not been well though through by virgin media as it will cost millions in order to issue all these cards and the telephones call it will generate will be a nightmare for them to handle!
Its likely they will start in a pure NTL franchise area like scotland or manchester and trial it before rolling it out to the rest of the country in one hit. And from what I know Im not convinced they have purchased the full amount of cards to cover the customers which means they will carry on streaming the nagra 1 and 3 cards at the sametime. That should give most of you with hooky boxes a good few months left unless your in the first area they try.
Anything can be hacked its just a matter of time! the good thing is your hacked modems will still work A ok :banana:

nice first copy/paste post :):):):)

Vm are replacing all the Nagra 1 cards that are in all the boxes at present be it hacked or legit with the new nagra 3 cards.

So if I have a hacked box they will replace my card for me?

Its likely they will start in a pure NTL franchise area like scotland or manchester and trial it before rolling it out to the rest of the country in one hit.

Since when was Manchester a pure area?

als o it been posted over and over again
there test area is leeds and york
not manchester or scotland

If you ring them up and explain the circumstances i'm very sure those nice people at VM will send you out a nice shiny new card: grim :

Aye and a nice court order for you as well :lol:

It will almost certainly be a normal Rom11 card unless your inside the test area. There's not much point in them sending you a card you cant use !

You were right nozzer I received my new smartcard this morning and it is a Rom11bod, (east london excw area) I can assume it will be sometime before nagra 3 hits round here. :proud:

found this link on another site hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagravision says vm going to n3

it says MIGHT be going n3.it all seems like a big build up to the best april fools prank ever. I can find nothing on nagravision site.(Kudelski),yet every other media group and their future plans are there to read,also i have seen a picture of a card from north london,what the fook is he doing with it?? testing supposed to be in leeds. anyway just going to order me another TM600.lol

Save your money. They have been planning this for a while. Leeds all services were down for a full day about a month ago, while they installed some kind of talk back hardware, all other areas followed. They do not play silly games, hacked boxes are a minor irritation to them and not as common as most people think. They have upgraded as any business does, and not spent a great deal of money. Old cards will handle the change over. Just keep fingers crossed someone can counter their efforts when it is fully operational. Good while it lasted,but overall I dont think I will miss all the crap they broadcast, football always better in the pub than sat at home anyway.

Save your money. They have been planning this for a while. Leeds all services were down for a full day about a month ago, while they installed some kind of talk back hardware, all other areas followed. They do not play silly games, hacked boxes are a minor irritation to them and not as common as most people think. They have upgraded as any business does, and not spent a great deal of money. Old cards will handle the change over. Just keep fingers crossed someone can counter their efforts when it is fully operational. Good while it lasted,but overall I dont think I will miss all the crap they broadcast, football always better in the pub than sat at home anyway.

a good brain scan might find the problem m8

Virgin plans Yorkshire smart card swap

By Andrew Laughlin,

Virgin Media has confirmed plans to start sending out new smart cards to its cable TV customers in parts of Yorkshire.

Letters have been sent out today by the firm to Virgin Media households in Leeds, Bradford, Harrogate and York informing them about planned upgrades to their service.

Over the next few weeks, these customers will receive new smart cards which must be installed in their set top boxes to receive the latest updates on the TV platform.

Last week, Virgin launched a short instructional video about how to change smart cards, which led to rumours of a national card swap. However, the exchange is purely localised to parts of Yorkshire.

Virgin Media executive director of customer service Mark Davidson said: "All of our customers in these areas should soon receive their new TV smart cards, as well as straightforward step-by-step instructions on what they need to do. It's as simple as replacing their existing card with a new one.

"What this means though is that we can begin to bring even more fantastic content and different ways of experiencing it to our customers. We are uniquely well positioned to shape the way in which we watch TV and we want our customers to join us as we develop the TV of tomorrow."

The cable operator also claimed that the current disruption to Royal Mail postal service will not impact on the smart card delivery process.

have u tried before posting. It does or if you dont want to click go to digitalspy homepage and check out the media section. Its there.

he is being funny dont u see it??

Back