VM's card swap help page now live !

seems a little optimistic to me - everyone getting a card in the next few weeks and it must be inserted immediately or your box will go off "after a while" lol - I also noted there is no picture of where the card slot is on a 4001 - so I'm gonna need help with that

does this mean that we will get new ird and boxkey numbers now.ive a hacked legit box will i need to open up new card for details?

....and there isnt a picture of where to put it in my Dreambox?? lol

Here's the clue....

I recently had my Virgin TV service installed, will I get a new Smart Card?

No. Our expert engineers will have fitted your new Smart Card.

so anyone with a recently installed box will have a nagra 3 card...... I don't think so :)

Maybe...ok there sending out new cards to us all with a new box key/ird or watever on card ,so u get your new card u stick it in box it does its update and stuff all is ok with your new card, then u stick ur funcard/tit/mosc card back in then nothing!!.so then its only a matter of opening up the new card for new details..??no/yes/maybe..,unless it really is nag 3 then we are fooked..

does this mean that we will get new ird and boxkey numbers now.ive a hacked legit box will i need to open up new card for details?

It would be pretty pointless for VM to send out new cards if you could open them !

Your box will continue to have the same IRD/Boxkey BUT chances are there will be the addition of a seperate pairing mechanism similar to that used in N2/N3 cards.

btw, you should NEVER hack a subbed box !

its very doubtful,although the situation is far from clear there in mention of the new encryption running in leeds,also the caid not being a standard n3 type.

Here's the clue....

I recently had my Virgin TV service installed, will I get a new Smart Card?

No. Our expert engineers will have fitted your new Smart Card.

so anyone with a recently installed box will have a nagra 3 card...... I don't think so :)

(installer) had been given NO new cards lol and still using rom 11 red virgin cards today in manchester

its very doubtful,although the situation is far from clear there in mention of the new encryption running in leeds,also the caid not being a standard n3 type.
if there was a new encryption running now it would be out what type it was or at least an idea what it was not just talk

dont want to upset anybody but "enough already" if it happens,it happens and theres not alot we can do about it so theres no point in worrying.

its going to happen no getting away from that and all good things come to a end

anyone know approximately how long it took VM in Ireland to switch off Nagra 1 completely after the initial roll out of the cards?

Could ipt be the way

Hi all,
I have just been talking to a friend who works for v he assures me the change is on the way ,
But it will be in the format of IPT ( internet pay t v ) so forget about nagra3.
When you change channel your box will check your account to see if you have paid for the service that you are requesting. So i think the encryption /decryption is held at head end.
Hope this helps

Re: Could ipt be the way

Hi all,
I have just been talking to a friend who works for v he assures me the change is on the way ,
But it will be in the format of IPT ( internet pay t v ) so forget about nagra3.
When you change channel your box will check your account to see if you have paid for the service that you are requesting. So i think the encryption /decryption is held at head end.
Hope this helps

that would only stop modded VM boxes as surely the streams will still be live on the network for the likes of Dreamboxes to unencrypt?

maybe they are sending out new cards so everyone has a vm brand on the cards as apposed to ntl. could be nothing to do with an encryption change. just a thought.

Back