Virgin Media contact via messenger or live

I phoned the other week and got thru no problem.

Just got a load of shite off them needing me to "unplug my router and plug into the modem". There was no problem a few weeks ago...

He was telling me that I needed to do this for the "signal", so I hung up on him. I'm not going to rearrange my network for someone to do the same test's I can do from the VM vebsite.

Reactions: gez
They can only say whats on the screen in front of them, rarely do you get someone who thinks for themselves, good luck with that one.

They can only say whats on the screen in front of them, rarely do you get someone who thinks for themselves, good luck with that one.

Tried twice, then just hung up.

I have other ideas though...

Doubt it, tried twice and got Indian Call centres asking me to do the same thing. Been fine for years, modem changed a few times when upgrading.

No point upgrading if they start capping, which I reckon then do when you have been with then a while, so the new users can use it. That's my usual cynical self though.

Sign up for there community forum and someone from the forum team will get back to you.
I left a community message that I had a problem with my landline and my internet signal, a forum team member got back to within 24 hours, I explained the problem, they did the OTA checks and ask me to a couple of manual things, then they made an appointment with an engineer 3 days later.
Virgin Media Community

Sign up for there community forum and someone from the forum team will get back to you.
I left a community message that I had a problem with my landline and my internet signal, a forum team member got back to within 24 hours, I explained the problem, they did the OTA checks and ask me to a couple of manual things, then they made an appointment with an engineer 3 days later.
Virgin Media Community

I did and someone is looking at it.

I don't reckon that I need someone to call though, and I don't want anyone in the house anyway. This is almost certainly something at their end.

Most of my previous problems have been outside of my home, for the landline the junction box is the culprit and internet down their end.
This time it was the landline connection in my home (over 16 years old) the engineer turned up late, spent just under 60 mins on this job and said he couldn't fix my internet signal problem because he only gets 45 mins per job, also had the cheek to ask me to give him a 9 out of 10 on the feedback so he could earn a £10 bonus.
Next appointment a week later, a different engineer with a much better customer first attitude, it was filter and signal connection problem (9 years old), job done in 30 mins but on the job notes he had to reduce/keep the signal strength below 40 so attached a 3dB attenuator.
I paid for 100Mbps and did a speed test before and after the attenuator was put on, before it was 94Mbps and after 78Mbps, thinking of taking the attenuator off after a month so as not to get the engineer in trouble.

My down and upstream signals are spot on really, down is -1dBmV to 1.5dBmV and up is about 5dBmV. I sorted that out with one of my own attenuators too when I was getting problems due to high signal downsteam.

I used to get 360Mb down constantly, then all of a sudden 120Mb down. All times of the day, so I don't think it's a contention issue.

Back