VM speeds increased??

Curly

Inactive User
Reaction score
In between Bro and Mairyhinge. Hold that thought..
I've just done a speed test.
I'm on the 2meg VM package but just got 10meg.
I'd read that an upgrade was planned but didn't know it had been implimented yet.
Anyone know when this happened as I've obviously missed the event? lol

Curly

Last edited:
Depends on your area, but most have had 10m for a while now.

Whatever speed you are on it's never quite fast enough.

Look at the extra 1.70 they will stick on your bill and the ridiculous managing of download quotas, a high def movie off Xbox live is 8 gig, they "manage" the download at 4 gig, I would up grade to the 50 to become un managed, however, it isn't availale in my rea...... arseholes....

I'd read that an upgrade was planned but didn't know it had been implimented yet.

Curly

As earwig99 says must be area dependent. I was up in my old da's yesterday & checked his bb, still on 2meg. He was phoning VM about his bill anyway & asked about the upgrade and was told 1/May up to 10meg but it would cost another 3 quid.
HH.

The cheeky feckers!
They said they were increasing the speed, but I don't recall them saying the price was going up too!
I must be near the end of my 12 months so it's time to start haggleing again. I currently get just shy of £20 "loyalty bonus" knocked off my bill lol
The irony of it wasn't lost on me pmsl

Curly

If your with VM and on a 20 meg package then thats what you'll get or very close to it anyway . It might be worth checking your end I.E news server etc to see if thats the problem

yes they have upped mine from 2 mg to 10 mg but what they failed to inform us of that they increased our bill by £2 without informing us of any price increase naughty so had to give them a rollicking and threatened them with leaving so they took the £2 off muppets

Curly

yes its true, i think 2 meg now 10 meg
10 meg now 20 meg.

yes its true, i think 2 meg now 10 meg
10 meg now 20 meg.

doubt the 10 meg is now 20, I have been on 10meg since been with Virmin and not any change at all, also just done a speed test and this is the result

508060114.png

But just been on Altbinz to check my download speed and getting 1100 so don't know whats wrong with speedtest, btw wasn't downloading at all when doing test nor have I all day??

BTW Manchester was even worse, this was the best 1 :/

To get the upgrade from 2 meg to 10 meg you have to register with vm/gofaster.

On the vm home page there is also a link to a list of upgrade dates for your area.

all the best :proud:

Shortly after posting this thread my speed dropped back to 2 meg.
Maybe they were running tests?
Anyway I got the letter about the upgrade and registered for it.
Now back on 10meg though it took a couple of days.

Be interesting when the bill comes!

Curly

doubt the 10 meg is now 20, I have been on 10meg since been with Virmin and not any change at all, also just done a speed test and this is the result

508060114.png

But just been on Altbinz to check my download speed and getting 1100 so don't know whats wrong with speedtest, btw wasn't downloading at all when doing test nor have I all day??

BTW Manchester was even worse, this was the best 1 :/

Think you're right big fella, doubt us 10Meg will be getting upgraded to 20 anytime soon. Certainly ain't heard anything about that.
HH.

i've had it a few weeks but it's not consistently 10mb - it seems to fluctuate like ADSL. i'm seriously at the end of my tether now with Virgin. soon as my current contract is up, i'm getting my mate to recommend to to Sky and i'm going back to the other devil.

Shortly after posting this thread my speed dropped back to 2 meg.
Maybe they were running tests?
Anyway I got the letter about the upgrade and registered for it.
Now back on 10meg though it took a couple of days.

Be interesting when the bill comes!

Curly

Yeh Curley check your bill mate.
I had it out with a supervisor last month as i got billed an extra tenner.
When i asked to be connected to the cancellation department, that's when it all got sorted.
I was actually serious about chucking them but the guy actually took 30quid off my bill straight away.
He also told me now that Vermin are in hot water with regard to overcharging and that refunds can be done instantly. (may have been his last day with Vermin or something)

During the day i mostly get 10meg but from 6pm to 11pm i can hardly get over 2meg.
They said that speeds will fluctuate until August, when the 2meg upgrade is finally complete all over Britain.
This would appear true as my mates who live in the same scheme as me cannot get over 6meg.

had another email yesterday saying , Did you know you’re entitled to a free broadband speed upgrade? One that’ll boost your current up to 2Mb speed to an impressive up to 10Mb? Well, you are. No strings, no ties. Just faster broadband for you to enjoy, for free. But before we can crank up your broadband speed, we need you to register your details

done as it said in the mail

checked speed today and am now on 10mb

Back