eBay selling trainers

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I sold some trainers on eBay boxed new. They sold for £140 as there collectors trainers. Anyway, guy pays so I goes into the shipping bit in eBay, selects my choice of shipping with full insurance to the value of the sale £140.
The shipping address was already in the delivery address section when selecting which method of shipping so I ships them off.
This morning the buyer says they were in all yesterday but it says attempted delivery no one knocked he said.

Thing is the buyer has told me the address eBay put in the automated mailing isn't the buyers, to me it looks like they've gone to a London address which I've a feeling has something to do with checks for authenticity but I don't know how this works.

I didn't know anything about this authenticity crap been brought in, I thought the address was the sellers.

So on Saturday the courier tried to deliver to this address but no one was in. It says they'll try again next working day.

Has anyone had dealings with this eBay authenticity set up ?. Another thing, I paid an extra £3.50 for enhanced signed for insurance so does this count all the way to the seller or just to were ever they've now gone to ?.
After this I'm f#ckin done with eBay, nothing bar hassle. Waited 2 days for the money to show up in my bank now I've no idea were the trainers are.

I think they will check it first then resend it to the buyer see here

eBay Authenticity Guarantee

Sneakers​

To be eligible sneakers must be:

• listed at a Buy It Now price of £100 or more, or sold in an auction for £100 or more (postage excluded)
  • If the Buy It Now price is £100 or more but you sell for a best offer price of less than £100, the sneakers will still be eligible for authentication
  • listed in a New or Used condition
  • listed in Men’s or Women’s Trainers categories
  • sold on eBay.co.uk to a buyer address inside the UK
  • sold by a seller using managed payments

Sneakers specified as customised will not be authenticated.

• A sneaker is deemed to be "Customised" if it has been modified from its original state
  • Examples of this include shoes with personalised elements, custom artwork, or any modifications that did not come with the original sneaker

Accessories such as laces will not be authenticated if they are noted in the listing as replacements.

• In such cases, the condition of accessories would instead be verified against the listing

How eBay Authenticity Guarantee works​

If your item is eligible for eBay Authenticity Guarantee, it will be automatically added to the program, free of charge. There is no opt in or opt out option.

Items included in the eBay Authenticity Guarantee programme display a blue tick badge. Buyers will see the badge in the search results page, the view item page, the checkout page and their Purchase history page.

When you make a sale, you have to send the item to the authenticator's address provided by eBay. Once the authenticator receives the item, the inspection is processed within 2 business days.

If the authenticator confirms the item is consistent with the listing title, description, and images, they perform a physical authentication inspection. If the inspector cannot determine that the product is authentic, or if the product is not as described in the listing, the item will be returned to you and the buyer will receive their money back. If the item passes inspection, it will be sent to the buyer with fast and free, tracked delivery. Sneakers sold for £450 or more will have signature-required delivery.

Last edited:
Thought you said feck ebay last time?
New eBay payments
Yeah I was but id had these on for ages m8... tried to sell them on all the usual places but someone hit the b.i.n so hence the reason I paid for the cover.

What is f#ckin p#ssin me off is, I paid for insurance up to the value of the trainers but by the sounds of that that's only to this authenticity place then when they send them on ?, no insurance , what a pile of sh#t that is

ebay has gone to sh*t in recent times with crap like this and the global shipping thing they have that caught me out a few times. They seem to think they are Christies auction house or something now.

It sounds like the postage insurance will only cover to authenticity place as ebay will probably complete the delivery themselves.

I would contact eBay to see if the address is correct or not and if eBay has made the error then you should be covered and be reimbursed.
If I sell high value items I always use Royal Mail special delivery. It costs more but piece of mind imo….

Just for anyone else if your interested,

I rang eBay up to find out what's the script with all this authentication lark.

I originally paid for insurance which would normally make sure I'm safe all the way to the sellers door.
Now it means my insurance is only from here to the authentication Centre in London not the 2nd part of the journey.

I asked, so what happens if it goes missing from the Authentication Centre to the buyer ? or the buyer tries to pull a fast one ?.
He said eBay are responsible for the 2nd part of the journey i.e. Authentication Centre to buyer so if anything happens for that part of the journey I'm covered for a full refund.
It's also sent via UPS from Authentication centre to the buyer which is in my eyes is about as safe as a courier can be. No back of a Fiat Punto.

Tbh it ain't a bad idea for expensive clothing or trainers as £100+ for trainers is nothing these days and to think how many snides there are out there.

My only concern would be, how good are these fake spotters who work at the Authentication centre? not only trainers but other goods?. You need a well trained eye for some of these fakes these days

It's also sent via UPS from Authentication centre to the buyer which is in my eyes is about as safe as a courier can be. No back of a Fiat Punto.

After a recent experience i had with UPS i wouldn't say that.

Heres my story
I ordered a new watch for €300+ and paid extra for UPS shipping. It was suppose to come last wednesday(1st of sept) but when i went to check the tracking on the item it said incomplete address. Which happens all the time since none of the houses on my lane have numbers which is why i always provide postcode but still does not stop this happening due to lazy drivers. Please note postcodes in ireland bring you to the actual location of the house not just the region so each houses postcode is unique.

Anyway i rings them about 10 mins after the tracking is updated with the message and confirm the address and postcode which they say they already had. Anyway they say it will be delivered later that day, at 5 on wednesday still no parcel. I check the tracking again thursday and i see it is at the depot and has been rescanned. I also see on the tracking that it does not have my postcode so ring them again and they confirm that the postcode is on the parcel and its out for delivery.

At 2pm on the thursday I check the tracking again and it says delivered and signed by "me" as 12.30. I goes outside and checks and can not find any parcel so ring them again and they say someone from the depot will call you within an hour. after hearing nothing from them at 5 i tired there phone line but its down. On friday morning I still had no call so i rings them again and they say the same thing someone from the depot will call you again within an hour.

About an hour and a half later the driver calls me and tells me he has delivered it to a house about a 15-20min walk up the road from me as it has a similar address and postcode. He says he will collect it and drop it to be later in the day. 6 O clock rolls around and i had not heard from the driver and there is nothing in my garden. i tired the drivers phone and its off so i cant get through to him and their phone lines are down.

On monday 6th sept I rang the driver and he answers and is very apologetic saying he forgot about it and he will drop it to me in the evening. He then rings me around 3PM on monday 6th sept and says he cant remember where he drop it and i need to contact the seller to get them to send another one.

I contacted the seller and they told me i had to deal with UPS. which is understandable.

I rang the driver again phone on tuesday (7th) and this time some other driver answers lets call him B I told him the story and he said he would have the driver who lost the parcel call me back. A few hours later B rings me and asks me to confirm where i live and I tell him and he says he will be there in a few minutes.

I go out and he has my parcel. when i asked him how he found it when the driver to delivered it to the wrong place couldnt even remember where he delivered it he said that the pads they have have GPS and he was able to identify where driver A left it. He called to the house and asked was it there and they gave it to him. He said it himself that they could of easily said they didnt have it but luckily they were sound and gave him the unopened parcel. He said the other driver was new and useless. What pissed me off the most is my address and number where correct so driver A was just a lazy sod and didnt want to deliver it or call me if he couldnt find the place.

If it was any later coming it would not of been here in time for present.

Beware UPS can be just as useless as other couriers.

I'm not saying there the best more like best of a bad bunch but believe you me when I say their not the worse their most definitely not.
My son worked for a few a couple of couriers a few years back and the way some operate its neanderthal he told me of some drivers skimming some parcels in road skips to get home.

We all suffer from a bad delivery guy I meant UPS on a whole are generally pretty good you probably had 1 bellend newbie.

I bought a SSD hard drive. I gets a text , delivered I was in, no knock. So I looks behind my bins everywhere no sign.

I ring's them up they said he said he'd delivered it. I then checks the CCTV. A van rolls up passenger side to my door. I can't actually see the guy get out but you can see the van kinda bounce up and down so I surmised he did but he never came to mine.
Later I knocked on neighbours just incase but nobody had it.
Long tail short I got the company mail another which I received. About 3 weeks later my neighbour knocks he says,
"I found this round the back of the shed your name on it". What kills me is, They asked the driver he said no I handed it over someone came to the door and took it".

I suppose the sheer volume of parcels and how many these guys have to deliver in a day just to make ends meat just means more f#ck ups

Back