*** VM Gone Down - AU not working - ALL DISCUSSION HERE ***

Can anyone help me. I have been at it for hours now. I have reflashed the box and obvioulsy no difference. I then went through the guide to instal the keys manually and inserted the TW keys as directed but absolutely no difference.

I have 2 boxes. One box has a number of 00 and 01 codes for Rom7 (about 5 all in all) so which ones do I need to use.

Feel free to PM me

Cheers guys

Has anyone actually bothered logging the stream to try and capture the keychange so we can we see whats going on and people with the relevant knowledge can decipher the keychange code to see whats different thats caused the EMU's to fail.
I dont have a logger otherwise I would have posted a log for my area, I dont have the knowledge to decipher the EMM's/ECM's though...

Can anyone help me. I have been at it for hours now. I have reflashed the box and obvioulsy no difference. I then went through the guide to instal the keys manually and inserted the TW keys as directed but absolutely no difference.

I have 2 boxes. One box has a number of 00 and 01 codes for Rom7 (about 5 all in all) so which ones do I need to use.

Feel free to PM me

Cheers guys

Reflashing the box makes no difference, check the extracp for the keys for your area and than change them on your box. If you check the forum there are about two three diferent methods for doing it manually.

quoting from something i've read elsewere credit goes to others :_

"AVR based cards have to be programmed to look for a "fixed" string of code that is the keyrole - if this string is different or changed then we fail.

The emus cant emulate a complete rom ( crypt processor ) so are vulnerable to timing and calls that they simply cant process

A MOSC is an original card with crypt processor - correct timings and all instructions; so when u think about it a none blockered MOSC that as correct tiers and is "as" a subbed card is by far the best."

can sum1 in excw please upload there emulator on it would make it easier for the lot i cant do it :)

my brothers dm500 with evocam 2.14 aint working weird a.
i think all will die soon.....

just an idea to people above who do their stuff making images could they implement a addon for key changing in the blue button menu ????
just an idea.

Last edited:
had to do a manual keychange using the extra cp keys and so far all is working again.

typically, when this happens how long do maual keys usually work for??

Recently, they rolled once a day in some areas.

looks like its a case of changing channels while holding my breath for the time being until the right people come up with a proper fix :)

congrats to those who come up with these fixes so quickly though, i really do take my cyber hat off to you :)

another thing, my old man subscribes to VM so if theres a case of needing keys or anything that can be nabbed from an official box let me know if its easy enough to do and hes not in hehe

Last edited:
I got false keys from a ROM7 update, well a couple of wrong bits anyway. Just like happens with ROM10 and ROM11. It was a simple job of comparing the three different codes to see the common bits - had the correct key in around 30 seconds.

Interestingly the key 01 captured from ROM11 is exactly the same as reported on Bigmaq toolbar, so it could be that ROM11 updates for key 01 will be correct now.

I got false keys from a ROM7 update, well a couple of wrong bits anyway. Just like happens with ROM10 and ROM11. It was a simple job of comparing the three different codes to see the common bits - had the correct key in around 30 seconds.

Interestingly the key 01 captured from ROM11 is exactly the same as reported on Bigmaq toolbar, so it could be that ROM11 updates for key 01 will be correct now.

Interesting mate. So, by comparing the common output from the different ROM's you can cobble together the right key. This is definitely worth remembering.

I also managed to get complete & correct 00/01 keys from MGcamd1.24. It also dumped a wrong 00 key as well, and effectively kept a rolling log of the right and wrong 00 keys and correct 01 key in softcam.key

If i deleted all the crap, effectively leaving just correct 00/01 keys in softcam.key, both mg1.24 & cccam2.06(change provid to 5501) will decode. Similarly, if i copy these keys into keylist.txt, evo will also work.

It will be interesting to see what works and what doesn't on the next keyroll.

Regards.

Interesting mate. So, by comparing the common output from the different ROM's you can cobble together the right key. This is definitely worth remembering.

I also managed to get complete & correct 00/01 keys from MGcamd1.24. It also dumped a wrong 00 key as well, and effectively kept a rolling log of the right and wrong 00 keys and correct 01 key in softcam.key

If i deleted all the crap, effectively leaving just correct 00/01 keys in softcam.key, both mg1.24 & cccam2.06(change provid to 5501) will decode. Similarly, if i copy these keys into keylist.txt, evo will also work.

It will be interesting to see what works and what doesn't on the next keyroll.

Regards.

so are you saying that mg1.24 and cccam2.06 will deal with the new KR method ?.

I think he is saying he can look at the files and from the entries work out what the correct key should be.

Still has to edit the files by looks of it

Back