VM Changin stuff?

q2uantum

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi did VM change something last night in the Yorkshire EX TW Region? Both my D500C's stopped working this morning, reboots on them both didnt work.

One box is running DW2.0 and the other is running DW2.1

The DW2.0 Box:

Did an Automatic scan on it and it found 900+ services - I checked the ALL CHANNELS BOUQUET and I have approximately 21 BBC1's! All of them are different regions but only one works (my local region 1), I have 6 Channel4's (only one works) etc..

The DW2.1 Box (Using VM Scanning Order)

Did a scan and channels are working fine BUT a lot of the channels (Movies and Sports for instance) are now in the OTHERS Bouquet and not their own Bouquets)

Anyone else had an issues in this area or others?

Regards

q2

P.S Where did SKY SPORTS 4 come from!

sky sports 4 = sky sports extra

dont know about other issues

Hi did VM change something last night in the Yorkshire EX TW Region? Both my D500C's stopped working this morning, reboots on them both didnt work.

One box is running DW2.0 and the other is running DW2.1

The DW2.0 Box:

Did an Automatic scan on it and it found 900+ services - I checked the ALL CHANNELS BOUQUET and I have approximately 21 BBC1's! All of them are different regions but only one works (my local region 1), I have 6 Channel4's (only one works) etc..

The DW2.1 Box (Using VM Scanning Order)

Did a scan and channels are working fine BUT a lot of the channels (Movies and Sports for instance) are now in the OTHERS Bouquet and not their own Bouquets)

Anyone else had an issues in this area or others?

Regards

q2

P.S Where did SKY SPORTS 4 come from!

what part of yorkshire,i know that leeds and surounding area have been
havin probs with vm new s/ware roll out maybe you been hit with the new n3
encryption ????

sky sports 4 is just sky sports xtra under a new name afaik

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Shouldnt have been hit with N3 update, Im NR Sheffield so South Yorkshire. Plus the DW2.1 is working fine just not in the same Bouquets as before (as in they are in OTHER)

Just spoke to a couple of mates in Sheffield and both there DBOX2's went off last night - they have done a rescan and they have loads of BBC1's as well (plus loads of duplicate other channels) - no one else had this in any other area?

They did the same in Leeds before switch over. Expect your new smart card in the post in next few weeks. :Fish:

They did the same in Leeds before switch over. Expect your new smart card in the post in next few weeks. :Fish:

Are you Leeds based then? If so is this exactly what happened before you went N3? i.e. duplicate channels for all areas on BBC etc? But only your local one working?

Regards

q2

They are slowly re-organising the structures as they merge the CW & TW networks. You probably need to do a more intelligent NetId scan so that only the channels appropriate to your area are visible.

Setmylocation is set for my area on the DW2.1 box and its also set on the 2 DBOX's of my friends (as I originally set them up for them).. is this what u mean?

Regards

q2

Yeah Happened to me an a few others rescan sorted it download boutique editor and sort the chanels out.

Billy

Yeah Happened to me an a few others rescan sorted it download boutique editor and sort the chanels out.

Billy

Were they all Yorkshire based m8? Or Nationwide? Just trying to get a feel for whether it was area specific or not.

Were they all Yorkshire based m8? Or Nationwide? Just trying to get a feel for whether it was area specific or not.

Happened to me last night both my dream and DW800 lost all their channels

did a rescan on the dream and all the channels have moved and have loads of bbc1 and itv as well.

Funny thing is my modded v+ went at the same time and stayed on ap:52 for ages , they have probably switched frequencies or something

i will do more digging

Not had the pleasure of experiencing VM's messing about yet but if channels do go missing and don't re-appear after a re-scan, will an updated cables.xml file be required? How are people re-adding the missing channels? Frequencies are often difficult to find on the net for specific channels when adding them manually.

Happened to me last night both my dream and DW800 lost all their channels

did a rescan on the dream and all the channels have moved and have loads of bbc1 and itv as well.

Funny thing is my modded v+ went at the same time and stayed on ap:52 for ages , they have probably switched frequencies or something

i will do more digging

I have lost a crap load of channels since they started messing around , I've done a few rescans and still the same.

I've lost mainly movie channels , sly 1 and a few others

Just wondered what people where doing to get them back

Cheers

i have lost sky sports channels but cant get them back

Ive got loads of bbc channels etc... however my sly and other channels don't seem to work. I have re-scanned and tried sly sports 1 which usually if you leave on for a few minutes activates it. But no luck.

Anyone with the same problem? Any solutions?

Did rescan last night got skysports 4 all other channels working fine NOTTS
Just out of interest
what are you guys gonna be doing when it hits you, go to sat stay with VM or just leave it be for while.
i have dreambox 500c and Openmedia 500c/s so at least can setup sat on the openmedia
plus i wonder what is gonna happen to the manufactors of these dreamboxes
but its been great while it lasted :banana:

Back