any help please??

Fangface

Elite Member
Reaction score
Bit long winded but need help.
Been a VM customer for years but through them being shitty I signed up in partners name and it was fitted yesterday. New superhub 3 so broadband and phone line all in one.
Trouble is my zgemma cable box no longer works.
The guy fitted a new socket in the back room where the superhub is, but I also had one of the white internal sockets in the living room where the zgemma box is, but now the zgemma box has stopped working. Nothing has changed, it was just powered off overnight when the internet connection went off, but switched it back on after the engineer left and nothing.
Tried a scan with ABM and it's says a message the there is a problem with tuner b, is it configured correctly. It is as nothing has been touched. So either the tuner has blown or the internal socket has suddenly got no feed from it.
Is this possible?

Bit long winded but need help.
Been a VM customer for years but through them being shitty I signed up in partners name and it was fitted yesterday. New superhub 3 so broadband and phone line all in one.
Trouble is my zgemma cable box no longer works.
The guy fitted a new socket in the back room where the superhub is, but I also had one of the white internal sockets in the living room where the zgemma box is, but now the zgemma box has stopped working. Nothing has changed, it was just powered off overnight when the internet connection went off, but switched it back on after the engineer left and nothing.
Tried a scan with ABM and it's says a message the there is a problem with tuner b, is it configured correctly. It is as nothing has been touched. So either the tuner has blown or the internal socket has suddenly got no feed from it.
Is this possible?

Well you can check the feed easily enough. Hook the VM box up and see if it works.

Put the superhub into the sitting room and see if it logs onto the internet

Then you know that line had been disconnected?

Well you can check the feed easily enough. Hook the VM box up and see if it works.

Did that. Never had it on in 12 months and it just stayed on saying updating 1 of 3. Left it for 20mns and nothing.
Are you sure the engineer didn't remove a splitter when he installed the new sockets ?

No I was at work, partner was at home. The previous installation had the brown box outside, there was a cable from it that fed in the living room to a white box and one from the brown box around the back of the house then in to another white box. She said he never went near the one in the living room so he's either done something on the brown box outside or when they've fitted a newer switch in the back room.
Also even the Freeview doesn't work on the zgemma.

Its disconnected by sound of it, follow your cabling back to see where it is connected to and that then to the brown boxes outside to ensure theres connection there.

Its disconnected by sound of it, follow your cabling back to see where it is connected to and that then to the brown boxes outside to ensure theres connection there.

Will do mate. Thanks 👍

While running abm,
If you have both Sly and V,M selected,If the Sly connection is not connected abm wont finish.
It will give fault on tuner that doesent have feed ,
Disable the sly tuner and run ABM With just the V.M tuner selected, Worth a try
Also run the network test make sure you haave a network connection.
Good Luck...................Paul

Yep, checked when I got home.
He's disconnected the other switch in the brown box outside, added a splitter and got the feed back. Excellent help from everyone.
Thanks.

Back