Virgin Media

Gent's I have 100mb BB, talk weekends (which I probably don't need), and land line rental for which I pay £41.00 PM. supposedly on a deal (would be £45.00) my year on this deal expired on the 8th of this month, what approximately should I be paying? on a good deal, I've been with them for around 15 years.

I was paying £44.99 just for 200Mb internet, but I had other means for the TV :)

Just do as others have, and cancel and see what they offer you. They couldn't offer me anything as i've moved into a non-cabled area. Im now getting 150Mb from BT for same price, I could've had 300Mb but they only guarantee it upto 100Mb :S

Got the call today just wanted internet offered 100 meg plus £50 credit £22 credit brings it down to £18 happy with that took new 12 month contract

Got the call today just wanted internet offered 100 meg plus £50 credit £22 credit brings it down to £18 happy with that took new 12 month contract
Apparently it's only £5 extra to move up to next tier if 100mb not fast enough

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

hi
Virgin Media increases the price again and it's probably time to find someone else. do you know any other network with fast internet in the area of Nottingham

hi
Virgin Media increases the price again and it's probably time to find someone else. do you know any other network with fast internet in the area of Nottingham
what speed are you on now?

Choose your perfect fibre broadband plan
do a 1gb internet and phone for 49 if in your area

I know someone who has this. He actually had it free for a year as he did an interview on TV for them. It's normally only in apartments in city centres, and its FTTP, hence it being so fast. I know Vodafone are also releasing 1Gbps before too long as well, so the market is opening up a little. You do need FTTP though, as FTTC or even copper isn't going to support this. Luckily we've just moved into a house with FTTP :D

Modem up and down, new splash screen in management page.

Reduced to watching YT on my phone like a savage.

Unstable between 4AM and 8AM approximately. My peak Sunday browsing time.

Last edited:
Modem up and down, new splash screen in management page.

Reduced to watching YT on my phone like a savage.

Unstable between 4AM and 8AM approximately. My peak Sunday browsing time.
Are they pushing new firmware? My SH3 been shocking this week... WiFi is super irrating at the moment.

Are they pushing new firmware? My SH3 been shocking this week... WiFi is super irrating at the moment.

The splash screen was different earlier today. It was a pastel-coloured backdrop but it now seems to have gone back to the VM purple 3D Lorenz Attractor style one.

I can't see FW version in the menu.

Over the last couple of days reboots at times between 7:17PM and 9:45PM.

What is odd is that the error log doesn't show the times when errors occur - It is well behind. Or is it selective? After a reset I can't access the modem diagnostic pages for a while (sometimes extending to 30 minutes) and there is no record of those resets or whatever it is. I think the logs only show HF network errors (like T3) and not internal firmware issues or whatever is causing it.

In my shite opinion I'd expect the modem to be available on 192.168.100.1 at all times unless there is an internal fault that prevents it. Even if it tells me there is a problem. Sort out your shite products Virgin Media. They are probably programmed in China so the bug-report-fix cycle will be non-existent. The 192.168.100.1 interface is only available when the modem HFC interface is up, or nearly up, it seems. What I'd expect is something that I can access that tells me the status of the modem as long as it is powered and private network access is available.

It was happening just before upgrade to VIVID350 so I don't believe it is a modem issue as I was sent a new one. No issues flagged on VM site. Not an area I'd consider to be over-subscribed cabinet-wise unless all the old biddies and my dad have started needing maximum resolution internet content. Power levels are near optimal.

Prolonged reboots at 11:00PMish.

Two reboots just now...

Three reboots just now...

Six... Eight...

On phone to India... "There is a problem, call back after 8".

Using VM mobile suspiciously faster than others to get through after stupid electric sieve system. Like I can be arsed to dig my account information hardcopies out.

VM status online system is OFFLINE!

"We're making some essential changes"

Let's hope it involves supplying the connection I pay for to me because my service has been rather intermittent since about a week before I upgraded.

I should set fire to the cabinet so they have to investigate (JOKE... Just a joke VM. I wouldn't have the skills to open a lock...). What type of lock is on cabinets? Just one of those triangular high-friction ones to deter casuals?

A pink light!

I find I now pray to the god of pink lights.

"Please let the light be pink Please let the light be pink Please let the light be pink Please let the light be pink Please let the light be pink Please let the light be pink Please let the light be pink Please let the light be pink Please let the light be pink Please let the light be pink Please let the light be pink Please let the light be pink Please let the light be pink Please let the light be pink Please let the light be pink Please let the light be pink Please let the light be pink Please let the light be pink ".

Argh...

White

Green

Pink with green

Pink

White

Green

Pink with green

Pink

White Flashing

Green

Pink with green

Pink

I think we need to add all of the common search terms to this thread to illustrate the poor service and flaky infrastructure that Virgin Media "provides". I want this to be seen as this has been going on for too long. I don't care if it is "upgrades", judging by the times (some of them being peak) I doubt it and these outages are not shown on their status system or modem logs. Poor Show VM, I'm a patient person but also one that expects a certain level of service for my money. It isn't a faulty modem as it was happening before my upgrade, as aforementioned, so I won't be fobbed off.

In case anyone is wondering why I upgraded while I knew I had a fault it was so I could say the modem was replaced and not the problem. Try explaining that one to Gemma in Mumbai.

I reckon there is a fault which is too expensive for them to repair. I have been in the same situation with BT and with NEDL. They will deny faulty infrastructure until they have no choice. Unfortunately, for NEDL, I design equipment they install and became an arse-pain to them. They had to pull a path up and re-crimp a cable. It worked and the top navvy even asked for a copy of my power disruption records to show to his boss to prove the re-crimp worked.

BT are a different creature, and one I'd never touch again. Bounced between BT and BT Broadband with a near-never-connecting modem. In the end 10Metres of underground cable was replaced between a pit and a pole. After phoneline was unusable due to noise, hearing other conversations when picking phone up (was told that's impossible by woman on phone) etc etc. I know what a conversation sounds like, I can recognise one on a phone. I have a radio background, I know it wasn't longwave radio.

These companies will always bullshit you to make it easier for themselves. Why wouldn't they? They are concerned about the bottom line and having enough bonus for the directors. Customer Service has gone out the window and so has my tolerance.

Virgin Media Modem
Virgin Media Superhub 3
Virgin Media Modem Disconnection
Virgin Media Modem Intermittent
Virgin Media Denies Poor Service
Virgin Media Hides Faults
Virgin Media Speed
Virgin Media Crash
Virgin Media Router
Virgin Media Error
Virgin Media T3 Error

You'd be better sticking it in modem only mode, and using your own router. A draytek or Asus or something. I recently bought an Asus 1900ac as the BT HHx is piss poor. Flashing merlin to it so it has more functionality.

You'd be better sticking it in modem only mode, and using your own router. A draytek or Asus or something. I recently bought an Asus 1900ac as the BT HHx is piss poor. Flashing merlin to it so it has more functionality.

I never use router mode and have a Cisco RV320 attached.

Back