Virgin Media

My loyalty discount has just finished and now I've had the email stating a £3 price rise. Double whammy!!!
They want £56 per month for 100mb broadband and Talk more evening and weekend phone package.
Think I'll be cancelling.

I got the Sky Entertainment, Fibre Unlimited BB 30 meg and Pay as u go landline for £40 a month

I'll keep my vimin line in house as well lol

Just an update on this Just got a call of VM they can now do my package for £38 a month

See what u can do if u threaten to cancel lol

Yes long as they don't disconnect your VM line form the main box outside

I know quite a few have changed from VM to Sky and they have never disconnected the VM line form the main box exchange

But you will still have to have an internet connection

Even if they do that, go to the box and you can pry it open. Simply turn everyone back on and voila.

Alternatively speak nice to an engineer and bribe them to turn it back on

I cancelled mine last week (BB only) as best they could offer was £33 for 100Mb.
Got a call yesterday and was offered it for £27 plus £30 credit for 18 mths.
I've settled on going back down to 50Mb for £22 plus £30 credit for 18 mths.

I cancelled mine last week (BB only) as best they could offer was £33 for 100Mb.

Read bally's post, he got 100mb for £19 and £50 credit.

Read bally's post, he got 100mb for £19 and £50 credit.
Good deal that!
VM are a joke with there prices... At least dick turbin wore a mask

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Cancel again and wait for someone to ring back. As janobi said I got 100mb bb only for £19 per month plus £50 credit with zero effort.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Cancel again and wait for someone to ring back. As janobi said I got 100mb bb only for £19 per month plus £50 credit with zero effort.

Not a bad idea mate. See if I can be arsed at the weekend. Ok doing it but if you end up with the same deal then waste of time. But dunno until you try I suppose.

Not a bad idea mate. See if I can be arsed at the weekend. Ok doing it but if you end up with the same deal then waste of time. But dunno until you try I suppose.

Don't bother talking to retention team. Just say no and cancel. There's another team who will call back the following week.

Just make sure you say the reason for leaving is due to the price.

Only been with them for a 4 months and I got a letter through the post yesterday saying the bill is going up £3.00 a month to £43.00 for 200mb broadband. I can leave the contract if i wish.

Only been with them for a 4 months and I got a letter through the post yesterday saying the bill is going up £3.00 a month to £43.00 for 200mb broadband. I can leave the contract if i wish.
Your new package now includes: Player TV (M) - Virgin TV V6 Box. powered by TiVo - Sky Sports Collection - VIVID 350 Optical Fibre

Your new monthly bundle cost is: £44.00

Your new package now includes: Player TV (M) - Virgin TV V6 Box. powered by TiVo - Sky Sports Collection - VIVID 350 Optical Fibre

Your new monthly bundle cost is: £44.00
I'm paying £4 more than that just for the VIVID 350 :mad: Last time I tried to get a deal they called my bluff and disconnected me

Gent's I have 100mb BB, talk weekends (which I probably don't need), and land line rental for which I pay £41.00 PM. supposedly on a deal (would be £45.00) my year on this deal expired on the 8th of this month, what approximately should I be paying? on a good deal, I've been with them for around 15 years.

Gent's I have 100mb BB, talk weekends (which I probably don't need), and land line rental for which I pay £41.00 PM. supposedly on a deal (would be £45.00) my year on this deal expired on the 8th of this month, what approximately should I be paying? on a good deal, I've been with them for around 15 years.
That's a ridiculous amount for 100mb of you cancel you will certainly get a better deal but you have to cancel first and wait for them to call back.

I was paying £29 a month for the same plus player bundle TV on a V6 box that I never used same goes for the land line.

Now I will be paying £19 for jusy 100mb only.

Been on cable since before Virgin (Telewest) & don't have a phone line to house although our street has fibre capability.
Was paying £73.50 pm (after deduction of £4 loyalty that ends Feb'19) for the Full House package. New customers pay £57 pm. Got email saying £4 price increase end of October. So called to cancel yesterday. Retentions only offered to stop the £4 price increase. So have cancelled. Got email today confirming cancellation date. Do you think there will be a follow-up call with an offer?

Been on cable since before Virgin (Telewest) & don't have a phone line to house although our street has fibre capability.
Was paying £73.50 pm (after deduction of £4 loyalty that ends Feb'19) for the Full House package. New customers pay £57 pm. Got email saying £4 price increase end of October. So called to cancel yesterday. Retentions only offered to stop the £4 price increase. So have cancelled. Got email today confirming cancellation date. Do you think there will be a follow-up call with an offer?

Pretty much 100% they will mate.

If not let them cancel but take out a new sub with them in your other half name and they would have to give you that at the new customer rate.

I cancelled my sub on Monday -- got a call the next day with a better offer (they matched the price I was going to be paying TalkTalk).

Your cancellation date will be a month away - they are sure to 'phone you before then

Got a call today with an offer, told them I'll think about it and to call back tomorrow evening.;

Weekend & evening calls (no change)
Full House TV (& added Sky Sports)
200mb (upgraded from 100mb)

12 months at £68.00 pm & £50.00 credit, so £63.80 pm

Keep em sweating mate tell em you want the £57 offer or your off.

Then as i say get your other half to sign up, usually telling them your doing that is enough for them to give you the offer. Saves them time and paperwork.

Just phoned to cancel paying £47 a month 100 meg ,phone v6 basic channels said looking at talk talk £24.99 was offered 50mg only for £24.99 said no just cancel so fingers crossed they ring me back with a better offer

Back