Virgin Media

The only thing is timing it right to get the best possible deal.
The best combination has to be:
Virgin Media for Broadband
Sky+ HD /SkyQ for TV

I am out of contract with Virgin and looking for a better deal. At the moment I have got 70mb BB and call anytime for £50 with VM, Sky will give me something similar plus their Entertainment package for the same price. My main concern is that Sky are promising Sky Fibre MAX 63mb but I am not really sure their braodband will deliver as well as VM. Does anyone have any experience with Sky Broadband?

I am out of contract with Virgin and looking for a better deal. At the moment I have got 70mb BB and call anytime for £50 with VM, Sky will give me something similar plus their Entertainment package for the same price. My main concern is that Sky are promising Sky Fibre MAX 63mb but I am not really sure their braodband will deliver as well as VM. Does anyone have any experience with Sky Broadband?

Have you run a line check to see if the distance you are from the exchange will even allow you to get 63mb

Have you run a line check to see if the distance you are from the exchange will even allow you to get 63mb

I had a Sky chat and the guy said I could expect 60mb for my location. I have not been able to find a link to check that independently so if anyone has a link would be so kind to post it please?

Assuming youll be using a BT line then you can check your possible speed through this mate.

Broadband Speed Test | BT

Bottom option

Not a BT customer? Check what speeds you can get
Ferret, thanks m8. According to the link and BT I can expect download speeds of 65mb - 80mb and minimum speeds of 57mb.

Just moving to Talk talk and will get they say a min of 66 and up to 80, and it just £28 a month for 18 month with no price increases in that time, also all their phone addons like call divert, call waiting, caller ID etc are all free seeing as I am self employed and work from home I use them all , and that would be at least another £10 with virgin

Just moving to Talk talk and will get they say a min of 66 and up to 80, and it just £28 a month for 18 month with no price increases in that time, also all their phone addons like call divert, call waiting, caller ID etc are all free seeing as I am self employed and work from home I use them all , and that would be at least another £10 with virgin

See you in a few months when you're pissed off at their lack of service and support. Also, wouldn't go with them after the fiasco of them getting hacked. If they cannot look after customer data, then im sorry they dont get my business. FFS basic rules of customer data is encrypt it with AES128 as a minimum, preferably 256 or higher. And certainly not MD5 which is easier to crack than a monkey nuts shell.

Today was the day I got the price rise letter. I rang up they won't budge. Ive told them to stick it and go with sky.

Question I want to ask is if I still keep my virgin line in house will my box still work on cs

Yes long as they don't disconnect your VM line form the main box outside

I know quite a few have changed from VM to Sky and they have never disconnected the VM line form the main box exchange

But you will still have to have an internet connection

Last edited:
If You've canceled @gazza2008 I would wait a while to see if retentions contact You with a better deal.

Today was the day I got the price rise letter. I rang up they won't budge. Ive told them to stick it and go with sky.

Question I want to ask is if I still keep my virgin line in house will my box still work on cs
I love the irony of this post. You've told them to stick it because you see the price increase as a rip off, yet you ask if you should still be able to carry on ripping them off. :cool:
Classic

i did the same ect switched over to talk talk and kept your VM phone number (insulation was free form talk talk at the time 30 day cooling off)

VM phoned me and said your switching to talk talk ect, got a 12 month contract for £19 a month (phone and 100 internet speed)

Last edited:
They laugh at me if i try get a deal i swear the bird on the phone chuckled last time a rang. No Bt broadband in my area you see and they know it.

They laugh at me if i try get a deal i swear the bird on the phone chuckled last time a rang. No Bt broadband in my area you see and they know it.
What sort of top speed could you get from a sim and mifi router?

What sort of top speed could you get from a sim and mifi router?

Ive no idea mate but they also know the amount i download each month, so i think they realize a sim aint going to cut it. I was gob smacked when they told me how much ive downloaded. Smug gits.

Yes long as they don't disconnect your VM line form the main box outside

I know quite a few have changed from VM to Sky and they have never disconnected the VM line form the main box exchange

But you will still have to have an internet connection

At the moment am meant to be getting sky for 40 quid a month tv fibre and phone.

Good thing is not getting installed to 3rd Oct so virgin got till then lol

My loyalty discount has just finished and now I've had the email stating a £3 price rise. Double whammy!!!
They want £56 per month for 100mb broadband and Talk more evening and weekend phone package.
Think I'll be cancelling.

My loyalty discount has just finished and now I've had the email stating a £3 price rise. Double whammy!!!
They want £56 per month for 100mb broadband and Talk more evening and weekend phone package.
Think I'll be cancelling.

Sounds ridiculous that price mate.

Brother who lives in a BT area gets 350mb some tv package which included euro and bt sport plus the talkmore deal for £48.

Oh to live a i BT area.

Is there any alternative to virgins recording feature , as in series links, recording 3 probs at same time.thats all my wife wants, we don't watch much on other cable channels

I can only get 40mb fibre, no cable in my area:(. I am with talktalk £25 month. Service is fine no complaints...

Back