Virgin Media

I don't, it's straight from brown box outside to splitter

Last edited:
So has nobody got a little white box which lies between the brown box and the router and is powered on all the time? This is a recent install in the last few months. I can get a photo later.
Yes I have which came with my v6 box has built in splitter for broadband, TV and also a ethernet cable if I remember right.

Never used it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Virgin TV is crap, I plugged the v6 box in used it for a few hours and turned it off. Only got player bundle but just thought navigation the look and and feel was poor.

Only reason I got it because ir brought the monthly cost down.

The best combination has to be:
Virgin Media for Broadband
Sky+ HD /SkyQ for TV

The only thing is timing it right to get the best possible deal.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

So has nobody got a little white box which lies between the brown box and the router and is powered on all the time? This is a recent install in the last few months. I can get a photo later.
I have the usual not so little white connection box on the inside, not powered.

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for making those changes to your Virgin Media package
Your new package now includes: Player TV (M) - Virgin TV V6 Box. powered by TiVo - Sky Sports Collection - VIVID 350 Optical Fibre

Your new monthly bundle cost is: £44.00
Mine is 48, soon to be £51-10 per month for vivid 350 only. You got a decent deal there

Just phoned vm , paying 34 49 excluding line rental, thats medium tv talk anytime 100 meg, supposed to go up 3 quid in oct, so now got 3 quid discount and in oct it will go to 36 49 so £1 cheaper after price hike and that's 18 mith promise.

Said mine was going up by £4. 01 which is weird to say the least , also I only renewed on a new deal in August. Just read down the Email and spotted this --- >>

If you're on a promotional offer we will honour it. Some of your increase may therefore happen at the end of your promotional offer.​

My white box no splitter or Ethernet port

Attachments

• 20180823_181430.jpg
    20180823_181430.jpg
    520.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 20180823_181342.jpg
    20180823_181342.jpg
    643.1 KB · Views: 17
yep thats the one, green cable in the street and I remember now that the other half had actually asked what the box was and he told her "it changes the light in the fibre to standard coax". I had never heard of anyone else having a box like this. Thank you everyone.

Is it true when the price rise goes up we can cancel our contract within 30 days of receiving notification.

Interesting, I didn't know VM were doing FTTP, I thought it was all FTTC.

I wonder... Cynical me wonders if it is to reduce their electricity bills. From what I think I know, their fibre is Passive Optical Network (PON). With FTTP it is the customer that pays for the power to convert to electrical rather than VM in their cabinets.

Interesting, I didn't know VM were doing FTTP, I thought it was all FTTC.

I wonder... Cynical me wonders if it is to reduce their electricity bills. From what I think I know, their fibre is Passive Optical Network (PON). With FTTP it is the customer that pays for the power to convert to electrical rather than VM in their cabinets.
I wouldn't say you were being cynical mate. After all, they already charge 13 pence per month if you don't pay by direct debit, £1-75 per month if you want a paper bill and they charge £20 to activate their own equipment

New SH3 is showing DS power levels of up to 7 dBmV which is well above the recommended 0 dBmV (is the maximum recommended still 10 dBmV?). I noticed a few days ago that there had been a step change in power level when my last modem finally became stable.

Still had a few T3 Timeouts yesterday but modem didn't hang which was happening to my SH2. Less than required for the channel to be ignored though.

Download speed looks a bit specious. Maybe something to do with the download file size and averaging?

SpeedTest 26.08.2018.png

Most of the higher power levels seem to be on the lower frequency channels. Perhaps it's the way the modem firmware calculates the power?

Back