Virgin Media

Mines going up by about £3.20 pm, I only have 200MB internet, and they want nearly £47pm. Im moving within a few weeks, to a non VM area, where I will be immediately cancelling. Sadly it does mean that I will have to move to a BT connection :/ Oh the joys!

Mines going up by about £3.20 pm, I only have 200MB internet, and they want nearly £47pm. Im moving within a few weeks, to a non VM area, where I will be immediately cancelling. Sadly it does mean that I will have to move to a BT connection :/ Oh the joys!

Don't get me started...

I had BT ADSL, took several months for them to acknowledge a problem because they didn't want to replace cable from a pit to the pole. Bounced back and forth between BT BB and BT.

On hold for 45 minutes at 3AM on a Saturday morning "We are experiencing higher than normal call volumes...".

Don't know if we just been lucky to be pure ntl area or diamond cable back in the day but never have much issues.

Notices a few problems recently but think that's due to new housing estate going up.

I couldn't imagine being with another broadband provider tbh.

The last time I used adsl was bulldog which was about 8mb which was fastest available at the time but back then it badly affect telephone line quality.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Don't get me started...

I had BT ADSL, took several months for them to acknowledge a problem because they didn't want to replace cable from a pit to the pole. Bounced back and forth between BT BB and BT.

On hold for 45 minutes at 3AM on a Saturday morning "We are experiencing higher than normal call volumes...".

They've likely turned off the phone lines. Used to do it when I worked there. We'd finish at say 1am, so they'd cut the lines off from 00:35am, and then fully cut the lines at 1am.

I too live in a pure NTL place atm. Worked in tech support at NTL for dial-up £1 a min :p and original cable modems (Surfboards), and considered ourselves lucky with the speeds and service. However since upgrading to VIVID, I do find the service to be patchy to say the least. I get constant drops on wifi. I would put it into modem mode, and hang a draytek or something off the end, but im too tight to spend the £200 on a router. I could use a cisco 887, I have several, but it wouldn't have wireless. See earlier comment why I wont get a better router, or wireless card ><

They've likely turned off the phone lines. Used to do it when I worked there. We'd finish at say 1am, so they'd cut the lines off from 00:35am, and then fully cut the lines at 1am.

I too live in a pure NTL place atm. Worked in tech support at NTL for dial-up £1 a min :p and original cable modems (Surfboards), and considered ourselves lucky with the speeds and service. However since upgrading to VIVID, I do find the service to be patchy to say the least. I get constant drops on wifi. I would put it into modem mode, and hang a draytek or something off the end, but im too tight to spend the £200 on a router. I could use a cisco 887, I have several, but it wouldn't have wireless. See earlier comment why I wont get a better router, or wireless card ><

I don't use WIFI at all, been using a Cisco RV320 router with the SH2 in modem mode :).

New builds struggle with WiFi congestion as the walls are made out of paper lol

My new SH3 modem arrives tomorrow, what's the bets this turns into a complete circus?

Imagine explaining that I'm upgrading and have intermittent connection...

New builds struggle with WiFi congestion as the walls are made out of paper lol

My house is 130 years old... Walls are thicker than some of the posters on this forum! Wont be an issue in few weeks, as no VM :l

Set of mesh network access points dotted around will mean you have no WiFi deadspots.

I'm on 200mb with phone for £40.00 on a 12 month contract, internet seems pretty good and im happy, plus side a splitter and a vu solo 4k makes it even better value.

My SH2 suddenly became stable after another online test on Monday and has been solid since.

Still no explanation even though on Saturday I registered for text updates due to the "complex problem" that the automated system told me about, I've had zero texts.

So I just set my SH3 up and getting 270Mb with bursts of 320Mb and something like 22Mb up.

They have the WIFI password on the card and the stickers but not the setup password, it's on the base of the modem. Instructions are intended for WIFI setup too, I wish they'd ship these in modem mode...

Just a random question for anyone with virgin, when the cable comes to the house to the brown box do you have any other connections between brown box and your router? Over the years I have heard people saying they split the cable at the brown box and feed the house. Is this correct or do you have another box in between as I do?

Cable to box then box cable into splitter, 1 off to modem 1 to virgon TV box.

I did notice whilst looking in the box outside, a splitter. I removed it and inserted a coupler instead.

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for making those changes to your Virgin Media package
Your new package now includes: Player TV (M) - Virgin TV V6 Box. powered by TiVo - Sky Sports Collection - VIVID 350 Optical Fibre

Your new monthly bundle cost is: £44.00

Just cancelled Virgin not at all happy with the offers so now on the look out for another provider
was on the phon 3 times to be cut off after 20 minutes so that kind of made my mind up, must have lots of cancellations
Tbh I didnt have much trouble with talktalk when I was with them so my see what they have to offer

I would cancel but she likes the recording options on TiVo box as in series links and size of storage

So has nobody got a little white box which lies between the brown box and the router and is powered on all the time? This is a recent install in the last few months. I can get a photo later.

Back