Virgin Media - What deals you got? 2022

@manic01 what number did you call for retentions , I always go 150 and get passed around.

Took £25 18 month deal yesterday, 100mb. Offered me £24 deal but because I have free streambox from them somehow he could not get full discount to work unless he removed stream box which I would rather keep. He tried numerous ways to sort £24 deal but in the end I was happy with that, I called retentions direct never gave notice.
Have you got the number for retentions please?

I would wait for @manic01 to reply first but I was given 0800 952 2277 for cancellations + retentions. Thats the number I rang to give notice (simple case of asking).

Just got letter today from virgin media they gonn increase my bill by £3.50 a month..
Yes me too and not happy about that at all , I have 300meg internet £49 and phone but i have never used the phone once it has never been plugged in

Am I correct in thinking that Free install is not an option anymore and it's now £35 if I cancel my account and wife takes one out?

Am I correct in thinking that Free install is not an option anymore and it's now £35 if I cancel my account and wife takes one out?
There should be no install needed as they just send you a new router and you just plug it in and send the old router back. That’s what I did last time I cancelled after the wife took out a new contact.
If they don’t offer us £24 a month we will cancel.

There should be no install needed as they just send you a new router and you just plug it in and send the old router back. That’s what I did last time I cancelled after the wife took out a new contact.
They still make a charge mate. I upgraded a little while ago to the Gigabyte speed. Sent me the new hub, installed myself but still charged a £35 one-off fee.
The tv box isn't being used as the picture quality is shit, I use my Freesat instead. The phone option has never been used. I do use my "free" sim though.

They still make a charge mate. I upgraded a little while ago to the Gigabyte speed. Sent me the new hub, installed myself but still charged a £35 one-off fee.
The tv box isn't being used as the picture quality is shit, I use my Freesat instead. The phone option has never been used. I do use my "free" sim though.
I thought for a new contract customer there would be no fee unless Virgin have changed their policy since my wife sighed up.

I thought for a new contract customer there would be no fee unless Virgin have changed their policy since my wife sighed up.
Could be different mate. Seems arse way round though. Been a customer for 20 odd years and charged me £35 to set their equipment up for them.
Best part was that I only accepted the upgrade as my old hub was playing up and overheating. Rather than replace it they offered the upgrade. I really should have told them to shove it. Only an extra tenner a month though from 350mb to 1 gig broadband. The free sim meant I gave up my monthly sim which saved me £7-50 a month so practically paid for itself.

I shouldn't have to pay a rise either as it was a fixed price for 18 months with the new contract. As soon as it ends I will re-negotiate.

Did you wait for 2 weeks after giving notice to take out new contract in different name?

Did you wait for 2 weeks after giving notice to take out new contract in different name?
No I sighed my wife up while still in contract.
We where without internet for two days.
If they offer us £24 month we will not cancel.

Back