Virgin Media - What deals you got? 2022

Thanks for link buddy

"We wanted to let you know that we are busier than expected today and as a result you may have to wait for a while to get connected to a member of the team. We are really sorry for any inconvenience and rest assured we are working hard to get to you as quickly as we can. Thank you so much for your understanding."

😂😂😂😂

It's been a week now since I got the offer and no one has been in touch which I find strange, the bloke did say give us a few days 🤷‍♂️
I also got the price rise letter and an email (below)
"
Hi Mr Willin,

Like many of our customers, you've been enjoying a lower price of £39.00 a month with us. When your contract comes to an end on 26/02/2022, it will then change to £58.00 a month.​

As detailed in your contract with us, your plan is subject to a price increase, which is not reflected in the figure above. We’ll be in touch by 28th February 2022 separately regarding your price rise.​

So £61.25 (£3.25 increase), I actually pay £34 because I agreed £34 over the phone and it came through at £39 they couldn't change it so every month I also get £5 managers discount.

What's the best alternative to the v6 box , my missus records alot so would want something near that type.
Think it's gonna be a tough negotiation between me , virgin and the wife😳

Well, I started Chat the other day and as I have landline and 500 broadband + 3 virgin sims....
So I asked if I could be upgraded to 1 gig at no extra cost, simply because if we had a O2 sim in the family it would be a free upgrade !
Eventually it turned out that I would have to pay an extra £3 ish for the upgrade, I refused and said that I would probably cancel my contract. Asked if I would like to be passed on to retentions, I said no as I need to go.
So, today I rang and was offered £3.25 off my current bill (automated response). I declined and held on.
The outcome when speaking to an agent was £13.25 off my current bill with a upgrade to 1 gig for 18 months.........................................:D

A friend asked me the other day what to do as his bill will go up from roughly £30 to £60 b,band only and he's trying to make cutbacks.

I explained that it's as cheap to take a bundle deal phone, TiVo, but,band than it is by just having b,band on it's own.

I told him what to do cancel and wait for a call. He said Ah can't arrsed doing all that pi$$in around I'm just gonna leave it and pay the £60.
So he's paying £60 for Internet only , crazy crazy crazy !!

You just can't help some people

Enough is enough...Going to ditch Virmin completely.....Any recommendations or who to avoid ?

Nope....been on phone, message chat and what's app ( 2 phones) and internet since 11am.... all still on hold.

Apparently not getting the rise...generic letter sent to all customers. Have to wait another 4 weeks before I give cancellation as still in contract.
All conversations saved.

They don't like being called Cancellations...... It's "Relations"

So I made a point of using cancellations in all correspondence.

btw it looks as what'sapp is way to go as they confirmed they can put you thru to Cancellations....ooops I mean Relations.;)

Apparently I'm a valued customer...😎😎

"Perfect! Thank you for that. You've cleared security.

I just checked your account, and there's a notice on it that you're on a contract offer now so you will not be impacted by the increase"

I have just started the process. I used the messaging link that @manic01 posted and I chose the WhatsApp route as suggested by @nowuckinfurries and am waiting for an agent now. My 30 day notice is due on the 11th Feb but wanted to get the ball rolling hopefully🙄. BAFCD610-930A-4449-913D-D5B3BEDD3737.png

For me Virgin do this trick regularly, And when you think of it it is in their interest as the tie all their customers down to another 18 month contract.....
Can anyone comfirm if they remove the price increase does this affect the contract length? I dont think it does but when they offer you a little reduction to take another contract out that ties you to them for another 18 months

For me Virgin do this trick regularly, And when you think of it it is in their interest as the tie all their customers down to another 18 month contract.....
Can anyone comfirm if they remove the price increase does this affect the contract length? I dont think it does but when they offer you a little reduction to take another contract out that ties you to them for another 18 months
When they give you the reduction for 6 months, in other words no increase the contract length remains as it was not increased.

When they give you the reduction for 6 months, in other words no increase the contract length remains as it was not increased.
Ok thanks but i bet 9 times out of ten people take new contracts

Back