Vat to rise to 20%?

am i listerning to all the same ppl complaining not so long back about indirect taxes that labour has put up
but because its the tories/libs that is ok???

i am still waiting to say i told u so
i will be able to say it after the budget

petrol, car tax
now clothes

beer wine whiskey

oh sorry not whiskey cos the rich drink it
lol

petrol and car tax are next. Easy targets and easy to blame on 'green issues'.

the majority of the labour strongholds were in Scotland yet we let them **** 'us' for years.

There are lots of wards with carefully gerrymandered boundaries where most of the voters are claiming some form of state benefit. You could have a donkey with a red rosette that could win there with a 25000 majority.
( I dont think that anyone would even notice that it wasnt even labour, just best in show :D lololol :banana: )

the majority of the labour strongholds were in Scotland yet we let them **** 'us' for years.

but that was the voters choice, lib-dem-con pact isn't. surely that is what a democracy is all about, being allowed to pick who screws you over. does not matter who Scotland votes for there will always be barstewards in Westminster waiting to put the boot in. and it is going to get far worse quite soon.

btw i live in the worst place in the UK for unemployment levels

small heath - birmingham

i have been made redundant several times in last 3 years whilst making over 50 people redundant

either way if you think it is some one elses fault your not working then who on this planet is going to employ you in the first place

what do you expect the new government to tax ?

JSA and council & housing benefit lol

incapacity benefit is the equivalent of 20 hours minimum wage a week minus tax & NI

If you ask Mr Polanski to go and clean the toilets he says "yes boss, no trouble sir!", but if you ask Mr Brown to go and clean the toilets you get "get stuffed, that's not my job. I can't do that because of Health & Safety".

I am not intending to sound rasict, but if we stopped the immigrants from coming into the UK, this would give British citizens a better chance of finding work and also help the current low wage situation to improve.

I can't quite square those two statements.

why do people associate immigrants with the jobs that brits refuse to do

the only brits that refuse those jobs are the ones that refuse to work

just because there would be no foreign labour coming in - those jobs would probably go 'unfilled'. a certain section of society think they are worth more than a minimum wage job but are unwilling to do anything to get it - so they'd rather scrounge their benefits.

why do people associate immigrants with the jobs that brits refuse to do

the only brits that refuse those jobs are the ones that refuse to work

And straight out of the conservative manifesto we read:

Britain can benefit from immigration, but not uncontrolled immigration. Look at any aspect of life today and you will see the contribution that migrants have brought, and not just to the economy. We want to continue to attract the brightest and the best people to the UK, but with control on the overall numbers coming here.

So the next time you're made redundant (And I don't wish that on anybody) and cleaning shities next to Mr Poland (because you wont get benefits if you refuse!) You'll be up against Mr Poland for that top job because under tory rule they only want the best immigrants! And they've promised us hundreds of thousands of jobs ;)

Lol......feckin' marvellous!

Never said it would be better with Labour,,thats why i didn't vote for them.

So by your understanding with regard to the banks we should all feel grateful to them.

Gordy boy would have done a much better job in handling the economic downturn Hoppy, the rest have no plan, just a mighty axe that will fall on poor heads sooner rather than later. Eventually it will be our turn, luckily H comes before M ;)

So far as fiscal and monetary policy go, it makes me laugh when grannies in the street tell you that their biggest concern is the deficit, and that austerity measures are the only way to go. I'd have to disagree with that, yes austerity measures are needed but nothing like what the conlibs have in store for us.

I think it's pretty certain that we're in for a double dip recession, this will mean getting the begging bowl out again to foreigners (are you paying attention ephid0r?) and asking them to buy our debt. If we make cuts, our GDP will fall ironically increasing our debt-to-GDP ratio and making investors demand even higher rates, this then becomes a very vicious spiral.

Slashing hard is not the answer, nor is raising VAT right now.

Gordy boy would have done a much better job in handling the economic downturn Hoppy, the rest have no plan, just a mighty axe that will fall on poor heads sooner rather than later. Eventually it will be our turn, luckily H comes before M ;)

So far as fiscal and monetary policy go, it makes me laugh when grannies in the street tell you that their biggest concern is the deficit, and that austerity measures are the only way to go. I'd have to disagree with that, yes austerity measures are needed but nothing like what the conlibs have in store for us.

I think it's pretty certain that we're in for a double dip recession, this will mean getting the begging bowl out again to foreigners (are you paying attention ephid0r?) and asking them to buy our debt. If we make cuts, our GDP will fall ironically increasing our debt-to-GDP ratio and making investors demand even higher rates, this then becomes a very vicious spiral.

Slashing hard is not the answer, nor is raising VAT right now.

Although I agree with your post here Munkey I'm pretty certain that if I searched your posts from just before the election and just after the debates then you are found to be saying that you were indeed voting vory conservatives. Does this not mean that you got what you wanted .....almost, but with the Libs in bed with them then their "cuts" may not be as savage as they would have been under a tory only government.
So from where im sitting it seems you are saying you don't want to see drastic cuts and yet you actively voted for these very cuts ?
The most frightening thing out of the whole episode is the new chancellor who as far as I know hasn't even run the accounts for the school tuck shop yet, But hey lets leave him in control of Billions of pounds.

Although I agree with your post here Munkey I'm pretty certain that if I searched your posts from just before the election and just after the debates then you are found to be saying that you were indeed voting vory conservatives. Does this not mean that you got what you wanted .....almost, but with the Libs in bed with them then their "cuts" may not be as savage as they would have been under a tory only government.
So from where im sitting it seems you are saying you don't want to see drastic cuts and yet you actively voted for these very cuts ?
The most frightening thing out of the whole episode is the new chancellor who as far as I know hasn't even run the accounts for the school tuck shop yet, But hey lets leave him in control of Billions of pounds.

That's right Diddy, I voted for a Conservative MP and 3 Lib Dem local councillors. I'm in no way advocating that we don't need cuts, we do. Our sovereign debt just won't disappear overnight so someone has to pay, and you can bet that it will be Joe Public.

The minute the decision was taken to bail out the banks, we in essence signed our own P45's. Every Tom, Dick and Harry became an armchair pundit on the banking industry and bought into the whole argument that we need to bail out private institutions with public money. Honest that is the daftest argument anyone could ever make. If people had taken a step back and thought about what was going on, we wouldn't be in this terrible mess right now.

we are fooked now the conservatives got back in, the working man will get shafted till he can bleed no more and then fooked some more.
the conservatives got voted out years ago because they screwed the country up, anyone who voted for them has a very short memory.
rant over.

That's right Diddy, I voted for a Conservative MP and 3 Lib Dem local councillors. I'm in no way advocating that we don't need cuts, we do. Our sovereign debt just won't disappear overnight so someone has to pay, and you can bet that it will be Joe Public.

The minute the decision was taken to bail out the banks, we in essence signed our own P45's. Every Tom, Dick and Harry became an armchair pundit on the banking industry and bought into the whole argument that we need to bail out private institutions with public money. Honest that is the daftest argument anyone could ever make. If people had taken a step back and thought about what was going on, we wouldn't be in this terrible mess right now.
so what u advacated was to leave the banks to them selves

meaning banks into administration thousands of ppl who did there banking with them with no money
busnesses with no capital them going bust

i think looking at that we would be in a worce position then we are now

Sorry to hijack your thread Rat and to get back on topic i fear the same as many!
Its just the start of many horrible Tory moves and we should all be buying arse guards as its gonna hurt..

Don't understand why you say Tory move, what would labour have done cut vat and printed more money

i find it amazing that everyone is critical of our new government when near enough 100% of the south of this country is a tory constituency, labour lost 90 seats to the torys fgs, a 3rd of of labour seats ended up tory, that alone is a big indication regardless of majority

the reason why people vote labour near me is cos non of em work and they want to keep their benefits, they are shitting emselves cos they dont like the idea of being forced to work, they believe they are entitled to claim benefit cos they have been out of work for so long, but actually believe the new government is a bad idea

somewhat contradicting cos they beleive the reason why they are out of work in the first place was cos of labour

as for double dipped recession - i find some people incredibly ignorant and naive

for a start we are not out of recession, technically a + 0.1% increase in economic growth is the reason why we are apparently out of recession, we are not out of recession and labour had 2 years to pull us out of recession and failed, instead they wanted the people who were still employed to contribute towards the benefit system and government debt by way of NI increases, how that improves the economy and gives people more jobs i dont know

we are borrowing 1 in every 4 pounds we spend, we import from china but at the same time borrow from china to pay for them

we are borrowing a billion a month and god knows what the interest repayments are on 1 trillion pounds worth of debt

so let me see labour did a great job and the tories are gonna make things worse

tell me how hahaha

gordon brown's idea to combat the recession was a 2.5% reduction in VAT and 0% interest rates - well 18 months on and we have the highest unemployment and zero economic growth and not forgetting the 1 trillion pounds worth of government debt, on the bright side the future jobs fund gives me a fake job for 6 months to sign me off and me look like i am not unemployed even though the tax payer is still paying me to work

Last edited:
i find it amazing that everyone is critical of our new government when near enough 100% of the south of this country is a tory constituency, labour lost 90 seats to the torys fgs, a 3rd of of labour seats ended up tory, that alone is a big indication regardless of majority

the reason why people vote labour near me is cos non of em work and they want to keep their benefits, they are shitting emselves cos they dont like the idea of being forced to work, they believe they are entitled to claim benefit cos they have been out of work for so long, but actually believe the new government is a bad idea

somewhat contradicting cos they beleive the reason why they are out of work in the first place was cos of labour

as for double dipped recession - i find some people incredibly ignorant and naive

for a start we are not out of recession, technically a + 0.1% increase in economic growth is the reason why we are apparently out of recession, we are not out of recession and labour had 2 years to pull us out of recession and failed, instead they wanted the people who were still employed to contribute towards the benefit system and government debt by way of NI increases, how that improves the economy and gives people more jobs i dont know

we are borrowing 1 in every 4 pounds we spend, we import from china but at the same time borrow from china to pay for them

we are borrowing a billion a month and god knows what the interest repayments are on 1 trillion pounds worth of debt

so let me see labour did a great job and the tories are gonna make things worse

tell me how hahaha

gordon brown's idea to combat the recession was a 2.5% reduction in VAT and 0% interest rates - well 18 months on and we have the highest unemployment and zero economic growth and not forgetting the 1 trillion pounds worth of government debt, on the bright side the future jobs fund gives me a fake job for 6 months to sign me off and me look like i am not unemployed even though the tax payer is still paying me to work
and what of the tories

2.5% increase in VAT isnt this an indirect tax???

thought it was only the labour that did this??

and i will wait till the budget to see what else he will screw from us

immigration is brilliant, as long as they come here and work for there money, why the hell should non british nationals, get the benefits put in place for british people.

i`m not saying i`m british , gimme me my dole, i`m simply saying it doesnt happen in any other country , but here, fook em, if they have a trade and can support themselves, then fine, if not fook off.

and banks, and the banking system is at the root of the problems faced by this counrty, if not through deviousness, and greed then through debt period.

Back