V3 Ferrari sim vu+ duo

grantsmith82

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just ordered a clone vu+ today was told they are
Out of stock as waiting for new stock Monday
Which will be v3 with new board.

Anyone else heard of a new v3 clone coming out?

Just ordered a clone vu+ today was told they are
Out of stock as waiting for new stock Monday
Which will be v3 with new board.

Anyone else heard of a new v3 clone coming out?

dont worry about it... its a updated psu board,just make sure its a proper one with a null-modem lead and update board included. regards mdt

Theres un-confirmed rumours floating around about the V3 . It's not clear or confirmed but apparently the security module on V1 and V2 is not fast enough for the newer anti-clone counter measures so the V3 might include an updated module.
I would say hold off buying a V1 or V2 and wait and see what this V3 stuff is all about. The updated PSU has been on V2 versions produced in the last 2 - 3 months.

what new anti clone counter measures have they put in place?

could this mean all existing clones could be effectivly useless?

Last edited:
No clones will not be useless , the VU drivers over the last few months have anti clone measures so images containing these drivers wont work on clones. Much the same as you see on Dream clones where the latest Enigma and drivers cant run on clones unless you have an AP82 SIM for now...
This just means you have to use older images with older drivers, or newer images with patched/replaced drivers. They still run perfectly fine on older drivers. So if your upgrading your image..dont do it unless you've verified that the image is clone safe otherwise you'll end up with a non booting box.

what new anti clone counter measures have they put in place?

could this mean all existing clones could be effectivly useless?

The driver updates they introduced back in July some time which stops clone from using images with the latest drivers, images with the older drivers still work fine.

Theres un-confirmed rumours floating around about the V3 . It's not clear or confirmed but apparently the security module on V1 and V2 is not fast enough for the newer anti-clone counter measures so the V3 might include an updated module.
I would say hold off buying a V1 or V2 and wait and see what this V3 stuff is all about. The updated PSU has been on V2 versions produced in the last 2 - 3 months.

How can this be possible, I've read hardware wise the clones were the same as the originals?

They probably mean same hardware in terms of cpu, chipset etc. Not exact clones same as dm clones hardware is the same as originals but the security SIM is different not the same as a original dm SIM. In the case of vu clones the security module seems to be similar in function to the SIM in dm clones.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

How can this be possible, I've read hardware wise the clones were the same as the originals?

lol no mate they use cheaper parts (hence the price) they cut corners and you end up with a budget box. They can work perfectly fine if your lucky. Clones cont use vix past 2.4.96 or something like that

It's also not that clear how the new module will be replaced as the pics I've seen of the current shows that it's soldered so not a task that everybody can do.

It's also not that clear how the new module will be replaced as the pics I've seen of the current shows that it's soldered so not a task that everybody can do.

Not even sure it's even worth it, in effect all a new security module is going to give you provided Ferarri team can bypass the security measures is a way to run newer unpatched images and drivers. Theres not any "killer" new features that im aware of that newer images or drivers provide anyway...So better off sticking with older images and drivers if you have a VU V1 or VU Clone.
Pretty much the same kettle of fish with DMM clones, theres no real benefit of having OE2.0 support the boxes dont have the flash space for the extra bloat, better off sticking with OE1.6.
My DM 800SE clone has been on a DBUK image for months I see no reason to change. My DUO V2 clone is on VIX 2.3 GM again no real reason to upgrade...

lol no mate they use cheaper parts (hence the price) they cut corners and you end up with a budget box. They can work perfectly fine if your lucky. Clones cont use vix past 2.4.96 or something like that

By looking at pictures of clones I noticed they are using a sim module.

I assumed they were 1:1 clones like DM500.

By looking at pictures of clones I noticed they are using a sim module.

I assumed they were 1:1 clones like DM500.

Which clones have a SIM module ?? DM800HD and DM800SE clones have SIM cards...but the Originals also have these. VU Clones have a Security Chip soldered onto a board in the box. They cannot make 1:1 copies of the either the SIM cards or the Security Chip in VU units so they normally do enough to allow security checks to be bypassed by fooling the reciever into thinking it is querying a genuine SIM or Security module.

Which clones have a SIM module ?? DM800HD and DM800SE clones have SIM cards...but the Originals also have these. VU Clones have a Security Chip soldered onto a board in the box. They cannot make 1:1 copies of the either the SIM cards or the Security Chip in VU units so they normally do enough to allow security checks to be bypassed by fooling the reciever into thinking it is querying a genuine SIM or Security module.

My mistake I was referring to the security module pic I have seen.

Rumour has it that this update/upgrade will hopefully get rid of the dreaded random tune failed errors, get this around once or twice a fortnight, so nothing major but still an annoyance.

These have apparently started to ship now but there's no word on if and how v2 owners will get the update :(

Wouldn't be surprised if it's not offered to v1 and v2 owners, depends if it's just the security chip that's changed and the difficulty of the replacement work. Could also be promotional rubbish if they wanted to make a v3 they should have sorted out the fan and psu issues as well as the security chip. Personally I'm not bothered about the newer drivers and images if the security module fixes the tune failed issue then I'd be interested..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

That's why I really wanted the upgrade to fix the tune failed issue. Latest on the ferrari forum is that v2 to v3 may be offered as a board swap, which if true basically means if you want v3 you'll need to buy a new motherboard, which stinks :(

So to summarise, V3 clone has:

*updated security module to support latest Vix 3.0+ releases?
*Fixed PSU problems that plagued V1/V2

Anything else?

Last edited:
So to summarise, V3 clone has:

*updated security module to support latest Vix 3.0+ releases?
*Fixed PSU problems that plagued V1/V2

Anything else?

The infos not really out there, even the ferrari forums seem tight lipped on what the changes are or are going to be.

I know that the v3 will be able to use the later images but I was under the impression that a slightly revised PSU has already come out.

Guess we'll have to wait till people get their hands on these boxes and hopefully post pics.

Back